2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
If Luchanko makes the roster as a bottom six guy, it shows they didn’t learn anything from Couturier.

He is probably going to be a plus defender and could probably hold his own in the league for a bit, but it’s going to stunt his development for sure.

There's a bit of space between Sean Couturier the prospect and Jett Luchanko. If Couts hadn't gotten mono, he would've easily been a top 5 pick in his draft year—way closer to elite talent.

Couts has been solid, though. He's kind of the exception to the rule and has pretty much hit his ceiling. I honestly don't think he has the soft hands or creativity to be a bigger offensive threat - one more season of Juniors wouldn't have changed the picture.

But yeah, Luchanko definitely needs to be sent down. Why take a risk and bet on another unconventional development curve?

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Couturier was too good to fail. Doubt Luchanko fits that bill.

I have minimal faith that this management group has the restraint to let 9 games only be 9 games. If they could, I'd be fine with letting him try the NHL.

Reactions: BernieParent

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Couturier was too good to fail. Doubt Luchanko fits that bill.

I have minimal faith that this management group has the restraint to let 9 games only be 9 games. If they could, I'd be fine with letting him try the NHL.
I like the kid, if it works I'd like to see

1. His 9 games spread out then he goes to WJ, then send him down for a OHL playoff run.

2. Game manage him like they did with Leo Carlsson last year.

Anyone think this could work, or is the best option 9 games and send him back to the OHL for the full season.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The 9 game spread out before the WJC is the worst trend ever created. Kid was a good player in the OHL last year. Let him dominate at the Junior level before we start the NHL talk.

Let him hang around NHL camp a bit longer as a reward, whatever, but this shouldn't even be a discussion. Even Charlie says he hasn't been a standout and that guy was talking himself into the possibility just a few days ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad