2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wow, he may really get his 9 games.
I'll believe it when I see it.
If he's not going to practice with the big boys, he should have been sent back.
The whole point in keeping him around is hands on work to prepare him for next season.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
If Luchanko makes the roster as a bottom six guy, it shows they didn’t learn anything from Couturier.

He is probably going to be a plus defender and could probably hold his own in the league for a bit, but it’s going to stunt his development for sure.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
If Luchanko makes the roster as a bottom six guy, it shows they didn’t learn anything from Couturier.

He is probably going to be a plus defender and could probably hold his own in the league for a bit, but it’s going to stunt his development for sure.

There's a bit of space between Sean Couturier the prospect and Jett Luchanko. If Couts hadn't gotten mono, he would've easily been a top 5 pick in his draft year—way closer to elite talent.

Couts has been solid, though. He's kind of the exception to the rule and has pretty much hit his ceiling. I honestly don't think he has the soft hands or creativity to be a bigger offensive threat - one more season of Juniors wouldn't have changed the picture.

But yeah, Luchanko definitely needs to be sent down. Why take a risk and bet on another unconventional development curve?

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Couturier was too good to fail. Doubt Luchanko fits that bill.

I have minimal faith that this management group has the restraint to let 9 games only be 9 games. If they could, I'd be fine with letting him try the NHL.

Reactions: BernieParent

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Couturier was too good to fail. Doubt Luchanko fits that bill.

I have minimal faith that this management group has the restraint to let 9 games only be 9 games. If they could, I'd be fine with letting him try the NHL.
I like the kid, if it works I'd like to see

1. His 9 games spread out then he goes to WJ, then send him down for a OHL playoff run.

2. Game manage him like they did with Leo Carlsson.

Anyone think this could work, or is the best option 9 games and send him back to the OHL for the full season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad