GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Everyone goes back to work after Labour Day, kids go to school etc.

Training camp should start the day after Labour Day and the season should start on Sept 15th with the Cup finals played in May.
Makes sense in many ways, but that would probably mean the players are “back to work” much earlier, say in late July. I think players and their families would not be fans of that. I do agree that the season goes far too late into June.

Adding two more games to the regular season in order to reduce the number of preseason games seems like cutting 2 feet of rope off and then tieing it to the other end and then saying “there, fixed”. Silly.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Artist's Bluff, New Hampshire taken by me on September 30th.
View attachment 911655
You know it's close to hockey season when it looks like this outside. Too bad pre season drags so much.
I just came in from cutting my frontlawn which faces out to the open lake. I wore a toque and mitts. No lie. I like fall colours, I hate fall temperatures.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Makes sense in many ways, but that would probably mean the players are “back to work” much earlier, say in late July. I think players and their families would not be fans of that. I do agree that the season goes far too late into June.

Adding two more games to the regular season in order to reduce the number of preseason games seems like cutting 2 feet of rope off and then tieing it to the other end and then saying “there, fixed”. Silly.
If anything, the number of regular season games should be reduced. It prevents wear-and-tear going into the playoffs and makes each game more meaningful.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
From Gregor;

Perry, Podkolzin, Emberson, Stecher and Pickard skated this morning so, tonight's lineup is likely:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Caggiula-Philp-Ryan

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Dermott
Kulak-J.Brown

Skinner
Rodrigue

Really strange fourth line and second pairing if true

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I never would have guessed. :sarcasm:

(joking joking)
My mistake was reading Alvin Tofflers "Future shock" at the age of 12. Never do that. haha. Not even jk. You read that and it kind of forms your take on a lot of things. Some things read can't be unread. I know you're kidding but man...

All my teachers on the other hand would say "embrace change donkey". Who you calling a donkey!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Agree but I think Lavoie is banged up hence Cagguila in and I think they want one more twirl with Dermott vs an NHL lineup.

Who knows what the brain trust is really thinking but combined with Kulak-JBrown, it just feels confusing.

Also just feels like setting up Philp to fail by giving him the worst linemates so its easier to send him to Bakersfield.

But I am probably just being negative and dramatic lol

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Agree but I think Lavoie is banged up hence Cagguila in and I think they want one more twirl with Dermott vs an NHL lineup.
They're for sure taking a hard look at Dermott with his versatility to play both sides. Dermott at 2RD over Stetcher getting even a sniff at ice-time is interesting.

And Caggulia is a tailor made fourth line guy getting a reward with a deep camp (and cannon fodder in a too long pre-season). On the outside in in terms of making the roster but worth a deep look as a cheap recall option. Frustrating that Lavoie is banged up.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

About time. Now start preseason and training camp right after Sept long weekend, the season mid September and end the season no later than June 1.

84 game season also solves the uneven schedule within the division as you play 5 opponents 4 times and 2 opponents only 3. This would mean every team within your division you play 4 times.
8 games is too much. We don't need 6 games of CHL/AHL lineups

84 games is fine with me.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I think the logic of 'fewer preseason games means fewer injuries' is fairly flawed analysis, but if teams are going to use those games the way they have been the last few years then I'm not really sure what the point of playing more than 3 or 4 really is either way.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
They're for sure taking a hard look at Dermott with his versatility to play both sides. Dermott at 2RD over Stetcher getting even a sniff at ice-time is interesting.

And Caggulia is a tailor made fourth line guy getting a reward with a deep camp (and cannon fodder in a too long pre-season). On the outside in in terms of making the roster but worth a deep look as a cheap recall option. Frustrating that Lavoie is banged up.

Can Stecher kill penalties? Contract is obviously a big factor for Brown, but maybe they also just need someone who can PK. If Dermott can play RD, maybe they'll send Brown to Bakersfield.

On Cagguila, I think it's worth noting that he played pretty well for Bowman in Chicago for a couple years. Maybe that has something to do with why he's still here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I think the logic of 'fewer preseason games means fewer injuries' is fairly flawed analysis, but if teams are going to use those games the way they have been the last few years then I'm not really sure what the point of playing more than 3 or 4 really is either way.
#1 flaw in preseason regardless of games played is the length in time of the preseason, and too much gap between games. League wide several teams and players are complaining about this. It makes no sense. Split squad games, few players playing every game and they still have these long breaks between most games. Preseason should take 2wks maximum. Not close to a month that this is taking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad