2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't mind giving them credit for drafting Michkov and getting him over early. It definitely hasn't signaled any kind of overall change in organizational philosophy, though. They currently have five 4th liners making $11,650,000 combined.

Believe that's the most consistent, unchanged line, too. Their bedrock and foundation.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I don't mind giving them credit for drafting Michkov and getting him over early. It definitely hasn't signaled any kind of overall change in organizational philosophy, though. They currently have five 4th liners making $11,650,000 combined.
if MTL didnt f*** it up like they did. MM would have been gone and this Org. would have taken some big body grinder Dman..

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It didn't fall into their laps, Briere was prepared to trade up to get Michkov, but when teams shied away b/c of the Russian/3yr deal issue, he pounced.

The 1st rd picks under Flahr/Briere
York #14, Foerster #23, Gauthier #5, Michkov #7, Bonk, #22, Luchanko #13
He absolutely fell into their lap, perhaps somewhat of his own doing. Who cares what Briere was prepared to do, he didn't have to. Because....he fell in their lap. There was no pouncing. He just made one of the most blatantly obvious picks I've ever seen I sports.

Give them credit for not being deterred by the Russian/contract stuff. That's totally fair. As Jojo said, you could argue he made it easy for them, but they still did it so props to them. But saying he didn't fall to them is nonsense.

They had another guy fall to them last draft, but went "smartest guys in the room" If Michkov wasn't the prospect he was, who's to say they wouldn't have done the same back then? There was chatter that the trade up was for Reinbacher, btw.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
Colorado
Or pass on one when he fell into their lap last draft.
1D's dont just drop to 12/13 for no reason. As many others have said the fact that his agent was the same as CGs probably made this a non starter especially for the Flyers where I'm sure there is bad blood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad