2024-25 Roster Thread #1: The Beginninging

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
bro you swagger jacked the shit outta my username :laugh:

(jk, great name bud)

It looks like everyone in here has addressed the elephant in the room already that we are desperately seeking a 1c/1d. I have two questions for the good people of this thread:

1. Is there a 1c that will be traded this year or offseason that could be possible for us?
2. if we dont use the picks for a 1c/1d trade, is there a realistic target in the top 5 that we could use our surplus of picks to trade up for?

Charlie O'Connor's article the other day after the oilers game I thought hit the nail on the head. Really hoping we can find the path to a 1c/1d but honestly I am not sure its possible given this team/coach/management thinks they can at least compete for a playoff spot.
You need a top pick to get an elite scoring center, McDavid, McKinnon, Matthews, Crosby.
But there's only 4 of these guys out of 32, and two have never won a Cup.

You don't need a top 5 pick to land a 1C, Aho, Robert Thomas, Point, JT Miller, Barzal, etc,
Florida's centers: Lundell, Bennett, Boqvist, Giles.

Same on defense, top 10 ES scorers (a number of PP1 QBs aren't top 4 D-men)
Josi (#38), Morrissey (#13), Bouchard (#10), Letang (#62), Dobson (#12), Toews (#108)
The gap between top scoring D-men and the second tier is much smaller, so if you land two guys in the top 20 you're doing fine.

Point is good scouting and "safety in numbers" can do the trick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad