Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Ha, 8 years puts them

Ha Ha ha, that’s funny. Reinhart has been a 20 goal scorer for all of his career and you think some teams going to give him 80 million for one year of outperformance? 10 million when he’s 35-36-37-38 year old player. Ha ha ha maybe with your money. Guentzel is another valuable player but paying him into his 35-36-37-38 years old days at 10 per. 🤣

If another team spends that much cap money then that just another benefit for the Bruins down road.
I mean, haha, they are? The cap is going up? Maybe take a stroll around the world and look at projections?

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
A few centers that might interest me for the teams that are rumored to need a goaltender, Laughton, Haula, and Danault. Would need to work out what else needs to be included, but those guys via trade, and either Lindholm or Stephenson via UFA and that’s pretty good depth.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I would pass but looks like Kaliyev getting non tendered like Geekie

Rob Blake eviscerated him last week

Guess we know why he fell now

A few centers that might interest me for the teams that are rumored to need a goaltender, Laughton, Haula, and Danault. Would need to work out what else needs to be included, but those guys via trade, and either Lindholm or Stephenson via UFA and that’s pretty good depth.
I read on Trade/FA thread Lindholm was on a radio show very recently and he said that he wants 8 M

Um barf

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
32nd overall pick is pretty much a second round pick. You are overestimating the return, no question.

It ended up being the 32nd pick in the 2022 draft, but that keumper deal happened the summer of 2021. So it was a future first.

Colorado ended up winning the cup 11 months later and they got worst case scenario for the pick. They had no idea they were trading for the 32nd pick specifically.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

I read on Trade/FA thread Lindholm was on a radio show very recently and he said that he wants 8 M

Um barf
Wow, that’s too much! Stephenson should be much less and I think has a little more sandpaper to his game.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Ha, 8 years puts them

Ha Ha ha, that’s funny. Reinhart has been a 20 goal scorer for all of his career and you think some teams going to give him 80 million for one year of outperformance? 10 million per when he’s 35-36-37-38 year old player. Ha ha ha maybe with your money. Guentzel is another valuable player but paying him into his 35-36-37-38 years old days at 10 per. 🤣

If another team spends that much cap money then that just another benefit for the Bruins down road.

Did you miss the Ulmark and Carlo trade I also mentioned?

Nope. Re-read what I posted as it directly addresses that.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
It ended up being the 32nd pick in the 2022 draft, but that keumper deal happened the summer of 2021. So it was a future first.

Colorado ended up winning the cup 11 months later and they got worst case scenario for the pick. They had no idea they were trading for the 32nd pick specifically.

Colorado was a true contender and overpaid for a goalie: so, that's a super late pick from the very beginning. Again, you are overestimating the return: history is out there and we will be lucky if it's a second round pick + good prospect.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Forgive me if it’s not plausible, but is there any chance of a sign and trade with Debrusk to achieve an 8 year extension for him elsewhere?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Forgive me if it’s not plausible, but is there any chance of a sign and trade with Debrusk to achieve an 8 year extension for him elsewhere?
If we do I think the return is equivalent to about a fifth round pick. I'm thinking the Bruins would grab a prospect and hope they can overcome whatever hurdles ala Myrenberg/Dipietro.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
If we do I think the return is equivalent to about a fifth round pick. I'm thinking the Bruins would grab a prospect and hope they can overcome whatever hurdles ala Myrenberg/Dipietro.
I was also considering a scenario where Chicago takes on Reilly dead money…as they would be interested to have someone like Jake in the room and he would be playing important minutes with Bedard for a while for them, and have the money to make that happen. Not Canada, but closer to home for Jake. Just a thought worth exploring if within the rules.

Reactions: HustleB

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I was also considering a scenario where Chicago takes on Reilly dead money…as they would be interested to have someone like Jake in the room and he would be playing important minutes with Bedard for a while for them, and have the money to make that happen. Not Canada, but closer to home for Jake. Just a thought worth exploring if within the rules.
You can’t hand off buyout money.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Something reassuring regarding Hampus:

His play is likely to remain the same the next two years if not bounce back to something halfway between last season and 2022-2023 season, especially if you bring in a minute eater to allow him to be more mobile. By then, cap will be much higher, and I believe he will move to a modified trade clause which opens him to the market. Guarantee there will be plenty of suitors then if we feel like we want to mix up left side and make more room for the Lohrei adventure.

Reactions: Gordoff

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
How about a deal with Philly built around Ullmark for Konecny? Maybe something like Ullmark, Frederick and another piece? Flyers always need a goalie, eastern team that may be agreeable for Linus, Flyers also apparently open for business. They also have 2 firsts and I think 3 seconds this coming draft so Konecny and a 2nd for Ullmark + whatever balances out.

Then add a center or two in free agency. Lindholm or Stephenson would be great options if another center by trade isn’t in the cards. I always liked Dillon for D, maybe Erik Johnson though I don’t know how he’s been the last year.

Last edited:

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
I'm confused with all the Draisaitl talk. Isn't he signed for 1 more year after this season? Why would he want to come here? Not being an ass, I must have missed something.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'm confused with all the Draisaitl talk. Isn't he signed for 1 more year after this season? Why would he want to come here? Not being an ass, I must have missed something.
Mainly speculation from George Laraque, who kind of walked back on his statements, who said that if the Oilers don't advance very far in the playoffs this year, Draisaitl may not sign long-term in Edmonton and leave for a team that needs a center like Boston.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022

Um barf
Kaliyev is only 22 with some real potential, his metrics aren’t bad, and I would be willing to give him a shot depending on the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad