2024-25 Roster…too soon?

belfour30

Blackhawks Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If Podkolzin continues to not produce maybe we can get a Reichel/Podkolzin swap down line
He's already in a bottom 6 role for the Oilers IIRC.

I don't think the Oilers have a need for a reclamation project that can only play top 6.

But who knows? Bowman did draft Reichel.

Last edited:

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Maybe but O'Reilly is not a bad prospect to get and he would join the group of guys for down line who could either become part of Hawks in future or used as trade chip when Hawks begin to get back into contention

If Podkolzin continues to not produce maybe we can get a Reichel/Podkolzin swap down line

We need high end forward talent. If a 1st is on the table take that gamble, but if it's a 2nd vs O'Reilly then fine give me O'Reilly.

When those extensions kick in next season, they're a McDavid or a Drai injury away from possibly being a lottery team.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Hopefully Murphy only put bottom feeders on his 10 team no-trade list. Edmonton could be tricky, especially for Americans, but I figure at least for now players that have any interest in winning a Cup would want to play next to McDavid.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Wasn't Brossoit expected to return early to mid October? Any news or did he suffer a setback?

I'm asking because Soderblom is 9 NHL games away from becoming waiver eligible...

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Wasn't Brossoit expected to return early to mid October? Any news or did he suffer a setback?

I'm asking because Soderblom is 9 NHL games away from becoming waiver eligible...

I haven't heard anything about a setback but would losing Soderblom be that big of a deal anyway? If push comes to shove and Brossoit isn't ready in time, maybe they could call up Commesso and send Soderblom down until Brossoit is good to go?

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
This might be for next year's roster thread but going into next year, you have 8 defensemen signed not including Kaiser, who I don't see going anywhere, and Rinzel. The 8 are Jones, Vlasic, Murphy, Brodie, Korchinski, Levshunov, Allan, and Del Mastro.

Who knows what happens this season but I'd be ok with Brodie being the 7th guy for next year and then you have potentially 9 other guys worthy of 6 NHL defense spots. 1 if not 2 of these guys are likely to get traded and I so wish they can get a top 6 forward in return.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I haven't heard anything about a setback but would losing Soderblom be that big of a deal anyway? If push comes to shove and Brossoit isn't ready in time, maybe they could call up Commesso and send Soderblom down until Brossoit is good to go?

By
Chicago Blackhawks Communications
Blackhawks.com
August 28, 2024

Chicago Blackhawks team physician Dr. Michael Terry today released the following medical update:

“Blackhawks goaltender Laurent Brossoit underwent successful meniscus surgery on his right knee on Tuesday at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. We expect him to make a full recovery and return in 5-7 weeks.”

We're past the 7 weeks now and unless I missed something still no sign of life from Brossoit. That's why I asked if there was a setback. Soderblom has been very inconsistent but it's also not always easy to play behind the Blackhawks and he definitely has upside. I kinda like Soderblom. I'm not sure if the Blackhawks would be happy to lose him for free.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I just want the Murphy experience to end
Obviously the hope is that they'll have Levshunov and Rinzel on the rightside, and Jones will likely play through most if not all his contract as well. That would be particularly good if both those 1st round picks can deliver because then the Hawks don't need to wander into the abyss of trying to acquire a Top 4 Righthanded Defenseman via Free Agency/Trade.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad