2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Reichel is softer than Angel Soft Strome though. That’s clearly not a fit on this team, and definitely not on the third line
Disparaging Strome remark aside, this is correct.

It's honestly surprising that Davidson has held on to him as long as he has. Reichel is a bit speedier than average, but otherwise I don't see how he fits Davidson's vision for this team.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
my thought is kurashev was good with bedard. he's also shown chemistry with hall, so i'd want him on a powerplay line with one of those guys.
Agree with this. Anyway we can get Hall going to justify a decent return at the TD is a positive, and the gravy is hopefully adding a 2nd legit NHL scoring lines which might take some pressure off of Bedard.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Murphy really seems like the ideal guy to be looking to trade. With McCabe's retention spot expiring after this year, they can likely roll that into Murphy for an additional season after this one. If they can retain him at 50 %, I think that's a $2.2 million cap hit for a Middle 3 Righthanded Defenseman, which I think can return something of value. Wonder if Bowman would be interested in bringing him to Edmonton?

For the Hawks, in addition to what they get, I think clearing a spot for next year is also important. As is, Martinez is the only expiring contract amongst the D and I think they have enough guys chomping at the bit for a roster spot. All those LHD should be focusing up on playing on their off-hand (I noticed Del Mastro played his off-hand first AHL game, I know Kaiser and Allan have in the past as well), and then you got Levshunov as a Number 2 overall pick likely pushing for a spot next year, and I think a good chance the Hawks sign Rinzel. A good year from Crevier and he could be re-signed/a potential option for a 6/7 as well.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Murphy really seems like the ideal guy to be looking to trade. With McCabe's retention spot expiring after this year, they can likely roll that into Murphy for an additional season after this one. If they can retain him at 50 %, I think that's a $2.2 million cap hit for a Middle 3 Righthanded Defenseman, which I think can return something of value. Wonder if Bowman would be interested in bringing him to Edmonton?

For the Hawks, in addition to what they get, I think clearing a spot for next year is also important. As is, Martinez is the only expiring contract amongst the D and I think they have enough guys chomping at the bit for a roster spot. All those LHD should be focusing up on playing on their off-hand (I noticed Del Mastro played his off-hand first AHL game, I know Kaiser and Allan have in the past as well), and then you got Levshunov as a Number 2 overall pick likely pushing for a spot next year, and I think a good chance the Hawks sign Rinzel. A good year from Crevier and he could be re-signed/a potential option for a 6/7 as well.
Vlasic-Jones
Kaiser-Martinez
Allan-Brodie
Phillips

I think you would have to sign Schultz or Shattenkirk or get a D back in a trade for the rest of this year.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024

Murphy to Edmonton almost makes too much sense. They need the help on defense BADLY. The Bowman connection. This is the last year they have until the Draisaitl caphit jumps from 8.5M to 14M. Bouchard is at 3.9M this year and that's going to at least double for next year.

This might be the last time Edmonton has a shot with this core, and we haven't even talked about McDavid's extension or what they do in goal. They're already the oldest team in the league and they're painfully slow this year.

I'd do whatever it takes to get their 2026 first rounder since they've already traded away the 2025 pick, and I'd rather have the 2026 pick anyway when all those new cap hits start to kick in.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Problem with Oilers/Murphy trade is that Oilers will have to include Kulak coming back in deal for cap/roster reasons

Kulak has another year left at $2.75M and is lefty

Hawks dont need a LD signed at $2.75M for another year with our D depth in pipeline.

Hawks or Oilers would have to find someone to take on Kulak and well his diminishing performance since going to Edmonton wont make that an easy move

And if Hawks are taking back Kulak then we should not be retaining 50% on Murphy or will require an additional asset on top of 1st

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
what was the last season a stan bowman managed team iced a competitive nhl blueline? don't know that any of the colliton years count. 15-16?

Cant really blame Bowman for situation he literally just inherited months ago

Which included outgoing GM handing out contracts before he left to further cap restrain team and left them wide open for the offer sheets

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad