2024-25 Roster…too soon?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I'm assuming Hall is hardly playing this year. Have we even gotten any news on his recovery or health status?

He was skating at the end of last year. For like the final 3 weeks I think, he was on the ice. I'm sure he'll be ready for camp unless he suffers a significant setback.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He played for Dallas last year on the fourth line
Had a ok season
SHHH dont tell the meatball who cant handle anything that makes him actually think

His time in Dallas ended with him being healthy scratched after game 3 vs Oilers because of his declining performance and struggles

Dallas made no effort to retain him

I said he is barely a #12F at this point and that idea of him as Hawks 2nd line RW is absurd

Nothing I said is unreasonable

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
His time in Dallas ended with him being healthy scratched after game 3 vs Oilers because of his declining performance and struggles

I said he is barely a #12F at this point and that idea of him as Hawks 2nd line RW is absurd

He was signed to a 13th forward type of deal. I expect he'll likely play primarily 4th line with no powerplay time, with extended stays in the press box not unlikely if the team is relatively healthy. That being said he may fill in as a Nominal "2nd line RW" at even strength from time to time in a line blender way just because the Hawks are still very thin.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Foligno was a healthy scratch in the playoffs for the Bruins the previous year and he was like our 5th best player last year. Lol

Reactions: ClydeLee

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
We have like 3 young guys on the roster right now.

Yea all of the youth will be in Rockford for the most part. Hell, our roster might get even older if Korchinski does indeed go down too. It'll likely just be Bedard, Reichel and Vlasic in the 23 and under club.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Music to my ears
Speaking of music to the ears.

NHL radio. Talking about the Capitals.
Saying they will continue to “try” to win until Ovi gets his goal record and then blow it up.

Speaking about them adding a high level C, Mike Johnson points out that when Dylan Strome is your #1 C you know you have to improve on that.

But seriously, I don’t see it as a competition between the 2.
Nazar could be helped and won’t be hurt by 1/2 a year or until the TDL in Rockford.
As for the other guy. He sticks as either a 2nd or 3rd liner or he’s done in Chicago. Unless he can find his inner Billy Gardner.

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Nazar can earn his spot, if not he gets to grow with younger players on the same Team. I don't see any downside here.

Age is not a problem with this roster.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yea all of the youth will be in Rockford for the most part. Hell, our roster might get even older if Korchinski does indeed go down too. It'll likely just be Bedard, Reichel and Vlasic in the 23 and under club.
It's just pretty weird to be a bottom feeder with a roster the age it will be. All the other worst teams are on that list with players younger than us. I do imagine by the end of the year the rosters age is going to look much different, but still not the typical #2 overall drafting team to start the season lol.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
why does KD refuse to take flyers on young players on open market? It seems like he is so stuck into a specific model he is blind to upside guys..examples- McGroarty, Askorov, Kaliyev...I would 100% use draft picks/prospects to aquire guys like this who actually fit into Long term rebuild plan over guys like Maroon, Athanasiou, Hall

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
why does KD refuse to take flyers on young players on open market? It seems like he is so stuck into a specific model he is blind to upside guys..examples- McGroarty, Askorov, Kaliyev...I would 100% use draft picks/prospects to aquire guys like this who actually fit into Long term rebuild plan over guys like Maroon, Athanasiou, Hall
Two of the 3 you mentioned are literally in our division which would raise the price most likely

Reactions: ClydeLee

Crow

May 19, 2014
Maroon, AA, Hall all cost nothing but money so I don’t see what they have to do with acquiring players that would cost prospects and picks.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Mcgroarty and Askarov are premier assets that will be expensive to acquire. The current roster filler was cheap.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

New player numbers. KK is moving back to #14, the number he wore in Seattle, giving Lev #55. Reichel is switching numbers too (going with his number from Germany), which is interesting considering that JR is going into the Hall.

I think Levshunov and #55 is on borrowed time like Korchinski was. He wore #5 in college. Connor Murphy wears #5 now. As soon as he's gone, Levshunov is switching to #5.

Love Korchinski and Reichel switching numbers to what they want (at least with Korch it is. Reichel might be more cuz of Roenick and also cuz he beasted with #73 when he played for Germany).

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think Levshunov and #55 is on borrowed time like Korchinski was. He wore #5 in college. Connor Murphy wears #5 now. As soon as he's gone, Levshunov is switching to #5.

Love Korchinski and Reichel switching numbers to what they want (at least with Korch it is. Reichel niggt be more cuz of Roenick and also cuz he beasted with #73 when he played for Germany).
Bro knows he's bound for Europe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad