2024-25 Roster…too soon?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
So it seems Korch in the NHL was just a one year thing because they thought he was too good for the WHL and couldn't go to Rockford.

Also interesting is seems like Lev is signing.

Who do you want getting #1 PP mins in Rockford between Korch and Lev?
Korchinski, Del Mastro (if he’s in the AHL) and Levshunov will all get significant PP time. I don’t know that Rockford will have a dominant unit that will take up all of the PP time. Lot of good young players will be down there this year.

I think Oliver Moore is being very slept on for the long-term solution at 2C. That being said I'm sure this is only the plan now and a good camp/preseason and spots can be won on the roster of course.

Does anyone really see him as a centre in the NHL long-term? I don’t.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Does anyone really see him as a centre in the NHL long-term? I don’t.
He could.

The way I see it is that you want both Nazar and Moore in your top 6. There's obviously only one 2C spot (and Bedard is 1C). So whichever of the two is better at faceoffs gets the job. Then the other plays wing.

And if the Blackhawks have a future top 5 pick that plays center, well then Nazar and Moore probably both get moved to wing eventually.

Reactions: TheFridge

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Bedard
Nazar/Moore

All C's. It will be interesting to see how things play out. IMO Nazar is the more likely of the two to transition from C to W if it is needed in the hawks future plans...IMO Moore is going to be a super/great two way C.
Yep Moore has more of a 200-foot game going and Nazar on the wing feels more seamless.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I think a Top 5 pick in 2025 is huge for getting a legit #2 C.

Bedard
2025 Draft pick
Moore/Nazar

With Nazar/Moore playing wing in the Top 6.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
If the plan is to have Nazar down in AHL then not acquiring a f***ing C worth a damn this offseason, then undoes most of Hawks goodwill since you aren't doing shit without a quality C on 2nd line

You will have one line worth a damn (Bedard line) when it comes to being threat to score

Nazar is only viable option to play #2C spot at this point

Do you ever think before you type? Our 2C in 2013 was Michal f***ing Handzus. Pretty sure the 2024-25 Blackhawks will be just fine without a true 2C my guy. Ffs.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
He could.

The way I see it is that you want both Nazar and Moore in your top 6. There's obviously only one 2C spot (and Bedard is 1C). So whichever of the two is better at faceoffs gets the job. Then the other plays wing.

And if the Blackhawks have a future top 5 pick that plays center, well then Nazar and Moore probably both get moved to wing eventually.

For the record I don’t see Nazar at a long-term NHL centre either. I think both he and Moore end up on the wing.

Reactions: hockeydoug

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Already have some future at Center. I actually like the depth there already and 1 of Moore/Nazar/Boisvert will take it. You even have Greene and Safonov in the mix to get a middle 6 spot.

Next season, what this is about, will see a hole with only 3 Centers on the correct position. Could have gone and sign one, but not sure if I'd like to go over 5 million for 2 years Wennberg.
It's still enough time to figure it out. Maybe Nazar takes it out of camp and keeps it for the whole season, maybe he'll be in the AHL until the TDL or maybe all year. Just give him the time he needs.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Do you ever think before you type? Our 2C in 2013 was Michal f***ing Handzus. Pretty sure the 2024-25 Blackhawks will be just fine without a true 2C my guy. Ffs.
He was with Anisimov best centers Kane ever had because Kane needed C who won FO and board battles and deflected shots in front of the goal.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
it would be very sad if the hawks can't find a proper 2c again next time they are competitive. best 2c we had last go around was an elderly brad richards.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
If the plan is to have Nazar down in AHL then not acquiring a f***ing C worth a damn this offseason, then undoes most of Hawks goodwill since you aren't doing shit without a quality C on 2nd line

You will have one line worth a damn (Bedard line) when it comes to being threat to score

Nazar is only viable option to play #2C spot at this point
Trade a 2027 7th round pick to Nashville for Cody Glass. He has 1 year at 2.5 million before RFA and Nashville is up against the cap.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Boidvert isfuture x2C ...first stylev of Toews,Kopitar...200ft cebter ...good on draws.Has size and physical pkay..
Moore iorxLudwonski asc3C...Morreccoukd movevto RW if Ludwinski takesx4C i25/26.

Nazar as a winger..

I see Nazar and Slaggert in Rockfordx with all the vet free agents brought in
Question is who play 2C In thissesson (24/25)?

Dickinson more suited to 3C..

Leaves Reichel or Gutman...

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
This years forwards look like they could be really good offensively when you look at their career NHL stats

AV-average goal scoring per 82 game season
BY-best year goal total
LY-last years goal total
ATOI-average time on ice last year

2024-25 Hawks
PLAYER……..AV…BY…LY…ATOI
Teravainen…19…25…25…16:24
*Bedard……..27…22…22…19:47
Kurashev…….13…18…18…19:01
Bertuzzi……..23…30…21…16:03
Foligno……….16…31…17…17:46
Dickinson……11…22…22…16:34
Mikheyev…….18…21…11…14:16
Donato……….16…16…12…14:00
Smith………….19…25…11…10:13
Anderson…….10…6…5…13:33
Reichel………..10…7…5…14:07
Maroon……….13…27…4…12:51
Athanasiou….21…30…2…13:06
Hall……………..26…39…2…16:20
*Guttman…….16…8…4…12:37
Sanford……….12…16…0…11:48
*Seney………….6…5…0…10:21

Comparison to forwards not returning…

PLAYER……….AV…BY…LY…ATOI
TJohnson…….21…29…17…15:32
Raddysh………16…20…5…15:53
Blackwell……..12…12…8…14:30
Entwistle……….6…5…5…11:23
RJohnson………4…4…2…10:56
Pitlick……………13…15…0…15:35

The Blackhawks have 16 forwards with a career AVG of double digit goal scoring, Bedard and Guttman both haven’t yet played 82 career NHL games so it’s definitely ONLY an average

The Blackhawks have 10 forwards who have had atleast one 20+ goal season, four 20+ goal scorers from last year

Noteable is all the players acquired ATOI, it’s more than those who left…and those increased minutes were all on teams with winning records, that promising

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think Oliver Moore is being very slept on for the long-term solution at 2C. That being said I'm sure this is only the plan now and a good camp/preseason and spots can be won on the roster of course.
Prospects are meant to be slept on. 1st round pick or not, he’s got a mountain to climb before he’s a top 6 C

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
My predicted line up

Bertuzzi - Bedard - Teravainen
Hall - Reichel/Nazar - Kurashev
Foligno - Dickinson - Mikheyev
Athanasiou - Donato - Smith
Maroon
Anderson

Vlasic - Brodie
Korchinski - Jones
Martinez - Murphy

Mrazek
Brossoit

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I didn't realize how many trade bait players we've got for the 2025 Deadline:

Athanasiou
Donato
Maroon
Craig Smith
Alec Martinez
Taylor Hall
Kurashev (Maybe? RFA at the end of the year)

Could maybe squeeze 2nd round picks out of Martinez and Hall if they are healthy and playing well.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
My predicted line up

Bertuzzi - Bedard - Teravainen
Hall - Reichel/Nazar - Kurashev
Foligno - Dickinson - Mikheyev
Athanasiou - Donato - Smith
Maroon
Anderson

Vlasic - Brodie
Korchinski - Jones
Martinez - Murphy

Mrazek
Brossoit

For f*** sakes

Put the kid on waivers and let him get away from this mess of organization if that is plan again

And Donato is terrible C

If Nazar isn't on roster and there are no other moves, then this offseason takes a big step back in positivity by our putrid C situation

It does no good and actively hurts Bedard to be only viable top 6 C on team and will allow teams to throw everything at the one line Hawks

Loading up TT and Bertuzzi to play with Bedard makes no sense and Kurashev is worthless away from Bedard

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Nazar-Teraveinan

That should be top 6

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
it will be interesting to see who works out with who...Nazar will get a huge opportunity to make the club and be a C right away out of camp...

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
For f*** sakes

Put the kid on waivers and let him get away from this mess of organization if that is plan again

And Donato is terrible C

If Nazar isn't on roster and there are no other moves, then this offseason takes a big step back in positivity by our putrid C situation

It does no good and actively hurts Bedard to be only viable top 6 C on team and will allow teams to throw everything at the one line Hawks

Loading up TT and Bertuzzi to play with Bedard makes no sense and Kurashev is worthless away from Bedard

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Nazar-Teraveinan

That should be top 6
Why are you always so f**king salty? Honestly, you seem like an awful person to be around.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
For f*** sakes
Relax.

1. It's a prediction
2. The lack of Cs in the line-up + the amount of NHL bodies and the fact Nazar doesn't have a guaranteed spot, leads me to believe Reichel may get some C time again unfortunately.
3. Kurashev needs to be able to play with Bedard if he wants a future on this team. But I have no problem with him staying with Bedard.
4. Who else is going 4C? Athanasiou? Ok. Not much better/arguably worse.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
For f*** sakes

And Donato is terrible C

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Nazar-Teraveinan

That should be top 6
Wouldn't it make sense to wait and see what the roster looks like when the season starts before bitching about silly shit like this 3 months before it?

Reactions: ClydeLee and Rolo

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why are you always so f**king salty? Honestly, you seem like an awful person to be around.
Relax.

1. It's a prediction
2. The lack of Cs in the line-up + the amount of NHL bodies and the fact Nazar doesn't have a guaranteed spot, leads me to believe Reichel may get some C time again unfortunately.
3. Kurashev needs to be able to play with Bedard if he wants a future on this team. But I have no problem with him staying with Bedard.
4. Who else is going 4C? Athanasiou? Ok. Not much better/arguably worse.
Imagine worrying about the #2C in year 2 of the rebuild, in a season where they will finish in the bottom 5.
Wouldn't it make sense to wait and see what the roster looks like when the season starts before bitching about silly shit like this 3 months before it?

Sorry if I as a fan dont desire to see another year of shit at #2C and promising kid have his career ruined by idiotic mismanagement

The idea of again pushing Reichel into #2C spot only for our dickhead coach to screw him around when it doesn't work out should be something everyone here disagrees with

Sorry if its outlandish to expect our GM to make moves to improve shitty team and give kids chances to play over shitty vets with no futures

At end of day we already can chalk up little hope for development for youth for another year by signings and fact our awful coach remains behind bench

It's not asking for a lot for the team to plan to ice more than one scoring line

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
For f*** sakes

And Donato is terrible C

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Nazar-Teraveinan

That should be top 6

Yeah teams are really going to have to change how they gameplan for the Hawks if anyone but Nazar is the 2C. If the Hawks don't have Nazar on the team -- and only if the Hawks don't have Nazar on the team -- other teams will maybe key in on Bedard.

Sorry if I as a fan dont desire to see another year of shit at #2C and promising kid have his career ruined by idiotic mismanagement

The idea of again pushing Reichel into #2C spot only for our dickhead coach to screw him around when it doesn't work out should be something everyone here disagrees with

Sorry if its outlandish to expect our GM to make moves to improve shitty team and give kids chances to play over shitty vets with no futures

At end of day we already can chalk up little hope for development for youth for another year by signings and fact our awful coach remains behind bench

It's not asking for a lot for the team to plan to ice more than one scoring line

The fact that you have 189k posts of extremely hyperbolic shit like this is wild.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad