2024-25 Rockford Icehogs season

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah, I looked at his stats and was surprised he played that many games. Was like 50-75 more games than Crawford played for Rockford which I had thought he played more games there than he did.
Because Crawford had 2 full years in Norfolk before Rockford because the affiliate

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9555.jpeg

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Think Nazar got an assist as well earlier. If this game ends without him getting another point, he'll have 3pts in his first 2 AHL games; which is something to be happy about.

Not great the Hogs are getting smoked tonight, but that's gonna happen with a team filled with kids. Remember, the exciting part about Rockford this year isn't that they will necessarily be a good team, but that they are a team filled with good young prospects in significant roles.

Developing prospects > AAAA players who have no future in the NHL

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I only saw a couple highlights from last night but I'm not surprised that Milwaukee, a team full of NHL fringe guys and AHL vets, had their way with the Hogs last night. I know people think that the Hogs with all of their high NHL draft pick prospects will be a wagon this season but they might struggle a bit early on.

They're also without Levshunov with Allan and Phillips playing with the big club at the moment. But I'm very curious to see how they play midway through the season (if they get and stay healthy) before the Hawks start trading people.

There's also potential that they could have Greene, Moore, and Rinzel with them too for the playoffs.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I only saw a couple highlights from last night but I'm not surprised that Milwaukee, a team full of NHL fringe guys and AHL vets, had their way with the Hogs last night. I know people think that the Hogs with all of their high NHL draft pick prospects will be a wagon this season but they might struggle a bit early on.

They're also without Levshunov with Allan and Phillips playing with the big club at the moment. But I'm very curious to see how they play midway through the season (if they get and stay healthy) before the Hawks start trading people.

There's also potential that they could have Greene, Moore, and Rinzel with them too for the playoffs.
The best AHL teams are almost always independently owned that use their vet player spots with veteran fringe NHL types. Saw Vinnie Hinostroza is playing for Milwaukee this year. That's a 30 year old guy with 374 NHL games to his resume. A team like the Hawks aren't too likely to sign a guy like that (2-way deal, $450K AHL portion of his salary, often some arrangement for Milwaukee to pay it for any AHL service)) and block a Prospect from a top 6 AHL role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad