Laval Rocket: 2024-25 Laval Rocket Thread

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Congrats to the ones who found our vets in the back end. Solid.

Geez, can you give a 5-year contract for a AHL'er...lolll. Wotherspoon is a perfect AHL vet.

Reactions: overlords

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Congrats to the ones who found our vets in the back end. Solid.

Geez, can you give a 5-year contract for a AHL'er...lolll. Wotherspoon is a perfect AHL vet.
I'd be willing to always give out a one way 775,000$ deal to a few key AHL vets like that, it's invaluable if you want a winning environment in your farm team. You can keep ABB and Wotherspoon around for a long time if you make it worth their while. It's money well spent in the long run IMO.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I'd be willing to always give out a one way 775,000$ deal to a few key AHL vets like that, it's invaluable if you want a winning environment in your farm team. You can keep ABB and Wotherspoon around for a long time if you make it worth their while. It's money well spent in the long run IMO.
I have been saying this for a long time. If you find the right ones, sign them to AHL deals at a NHL salary, saves you the roster spots, avoids losing them on waivers, and guarantees continuity and leadership for the young players in the organization. As more and more of the draft picks take the role of the NHL callups, the organization should need less and less of the veterans being on NHL contracts to fill that need. Not all, but some of these players might be interested in stability in their lives and for their families, while making a decent living and making home in a major city as opposed to some small market AHL one for multiple seasons. Money should not be an issue for the organization.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad