2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
In theory I'd agree...but I think as commish some people might want to curry favor with you, or you may have a better relationship with people who don't mind being taken advantage of.
I would appreciate it if you didn’t continue giving me all these backhanded insults just because you’re not in favour of a trade.

If you look at just the players, of course, the trade looks bad, there’s more to it.

Knock it off

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Perhaps we should bring the veto trade vote option.
That might just save a lot of arguments.

I disagree, arguments might be good for this league at this point if you guys think there's not enough activity.

We should continue to respect everyone's team management decision making in this league. As long as the CBA rules aren't being broken, all trades should be allowed as we've done this for 10+ years.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I would appreciate it if you didn’t continue giving me all these backhanded insults just because you’re not in favour of a trade.

If you look at just the players, of course, the trade looks bad, there’s more to it.

Knock it off

You're right....I apologize. You're a mad genius at work.

You still haven't properly listed your keepers and years.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The weird thing about this is that...
Even though everyone thinks it is a bad idea...
Nothing was actually done in bad faith.

Plus...
Even in the very unlikely scenario that it is vetoed...
There is nothing to prevent the same trade made again after the draft.

It is what it is.
There are always acts of god.
:dunno:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
You're right....I apologize. You're a mad genius at work.

You still haven't properly listed your keepers and years.
I have no idea what you’re talking about, I’m pretty sure I listed them properly with the years just above. (Edited it within like a minute or two)

And instead of being so condescending, if I made some sort of mistake, you could always help.

I get you’re not a fan of the trade, but it’s not an excuse to be a dick because of it, jesus

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I have no idea what you’re talking about, I’m pretty sure I listed them properly with the years just above. (Edited it within like a minute or two)

And instead of being so condescending, if I made some sort of mistake, you could always help.

I get you’re not a fan of the trade, but it’s not an excuse to be a dick because of it, jesus

Talk with more people.
I would have give you at least a 1st for Dahlin.

Reactions: BrockH

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Luc made a post about his reasoning, however no one cared to read or understand it. It seems to be a common trend for trades that is perceived to be lopsided. One of the GM has to make a long post about why he did it. At least they are trying to justify their end and show to have good intention on what they are trying to achieve (not just saying this for my trades, but many others so called lopsided ones in the past couple of years).
This is exactly it.
People look at the players and picks involved and start an outrage.
If i decided to not make this trade, i would have no picks for 5 rounds, I lose EK and Wilson for nothing.
Its not a simple 2 for 3 trade
Reminds of people flipping out about Vegas when they did similar ideas, but with cap

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I have no idea what you’re talking about, I’m pretty sure I listed them properly with the years just above.

No offense, but I'm honestly tired of helping people in this league due to their own laziness...you've been in this league long enough to know how to set your keepers and post them in the forum....am I wrong here? archangel doesn't even know how many franchise keepers we have, homeboy has been in the league for the last 8-9 years and still hasn't read the CBA...sorry if this makes me a jerk but some of you people need to be called out...if it gets me kicked out of the league, so be it.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
No offense, but I'm honestly tired of helping people in this league due to their own laziness...you've been in this league long enough to know how to set your keepers and post them in the forum....am I wrong here? archangel doesn't even know how many franchise keepers we have, homeboy has been in the league for the last 8-9 years and still hasn't read the CBA...sorry if this makes me a jerk but some of you people need to be called out...if it gets me kicked out of the league, so be it.
Your right i could be more proactive on things, But when you have real life, Multiple Jobs, and medical issues, Sorry if HF boards pool is not top on the list.

This is exactly why I did leave a few years back, when i returned i specifically asked people to help me out, and they wanted me back.

I even asked if i can be a duel GM due to my restrictions, and prioritys.

People were really fine with the idea, i felt quite welcomed

Clearly it looks like i should never have returned, its on me

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
My DMs are always open, i’m on HF daily, CRD was proactive.

A lot of times I have no idea you have players available.
There were also 7 hours left before the deadline when you submitted your keeper list...
So nobody knew you wanted to make some moves.

I will PM you more to see if you want to make trades in the future.
Good luck the rest of the season.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver

Ah you guys should be grateful how patient I've been with you all. 🤣

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Your right i could be more proactive on things, But when you have real life, Multiple Jobs, and medical issues, Sorry if HF boards pool is not top on the list.

This is exactly why I did leave a few years back, when i returned i specifically asked people to help me out, and they wanted me back.

Clearly it looks like i should never have returned.
No....you are probably the one who is in the right here. Its a casual league for fun and its probably become too casual for me. Sincere apologies.

I'll run my team until someone can be found to replace me.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Didnt post them properly in the thread the last 2 years, thus why it was an effort to get it figured out this year.

It doesn't take alot of effort to look at the cba file either, but clearly we've read it.

Reactions: Canucker

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
No....you are probably the one who is in the right here. Its a casual league for fun and its probably become too casual for me. Sincere apologies.

I understand we're running high in emotions right now. No resignations will be accepted at this time.

I'm confident in everyone's managing ability to be competitive.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Didnt post them properly in the thread the last 2 years, thus why it was an effort to get it figured out this year.

It doesn't take alot of effort to look at the cba file either, but clearly we've read it.
I already mentioned, it’s my fault, I should be more proactive, it’s entirely on me

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

It’s not about being right or wrong.
As I have gotten older, I just have more expectations for people to act more respectful, maybe it’s just my own personal thought process.

You’re completely right about pretty much everything else, I absolutely should have been more active, listed my keepers property much sooner, it was a mistake.

I don’t think lazy was the right word, I’m just busy, and it’s low on the priority for me, and that’s no excuse, I had plenty of time.

I’m gonna just leave it at this, and do better

Reactions: Canucker

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Emotions are part of it...
But there are long term considerations too.
CRD may not have a pick until the 5th this year...
But with 3 top 5 players as keepers...
He can do nothing this year...
And still be considered the favourite for the next 2 years.

What is done is done.
We just have to move on.

Reactions: Canucks LB

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Emotions are part of it...
But there are long term considerations too.
CRD may not have a pick until the 5th this year...
But with 3 top 5 players as keepers...
He can do nothing this year...
And still be considered the favourite for the next 2 years.

What is done is done.
We just have to move on.
I agree with this assessment. You guys are on the clock. Let's get this league really active again and create some fun rivalries and matchup. Once you're in the playoff dance, we know how random it could be and anything can happen.

Your turn. 💪💪

I'll be the big bad boss goliath. Go be David!

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
It’s not about being right or wrong.
As I have gotten older, I just have more expectations for people to act more respectful, maybe it’s just my own personal thought process.

You’re completely right about pretty much everything else, I absolutely should have been more active, listed my keepers property much sooner, it was a mistake.

I don’t think lazy was the right word, I’m just busy, and it’s low on the priority for me, and that’s no excuse, I had plenty of time.

I’m gonna just leave it at this, and do better
I'm tired and I'm cranky, and I enjoy the league (for the most part)...I look forward to it every year, and it gets me irritated when people don't put the same effort into it as I do (and that's completely on me)...I shouldn't have that expectation because everyone has their own life/time they have to account for. Thats why I might not be right for this anymore, but i'll stick around until I get kicked out or I just can't do it anymore.

I'll try to be more respectful...but I can't make any guarantees. lol

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I'm tired and I'm cranky, and I enjoy the league (for the most part)...I look forward to it every year, and it gets me irritated when people don't put the same effort into it as I do (and that's completely on me)...I shouldn't have that expectation because everyone has their own life/time they have to account for. Thats why I might not be right for this anymore, but i'll stick around until I get kicked out or I just can't do it anymore.

Maybe we're all just getting older, easier to tire out and get cranky. XD I'm glad to hear you look forward to this every year, I hope more of you feel the same and be motivated to win every year. Also appreciate everyone continues to put in as much time as they can to run their teams in this league during their busy times in life, that's what have kept this running for so long.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

It’s all good man, there’s no hard feelings at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad