2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Ok, several issues here...I'd like to dispute this trade, I thought you have to have an equal amount of draft picks going back and forth.

And LB STILL hasn't listed his keepers and years.

Third, I have no earthly idea why people seem to want to help CRD win every year? The last picks in the first 3 rounds are worth a top 5 overall fantasy forward and atop 5 overall fantasy defenseman? That package probably isn't even worth one of those players. Not to mention being gifted McDavid several years back. What a joke....but hey, kudos to CRD for continually knowing how to find a mark and bleed it dry.

Last edited:

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
You don't have to have an equal amount of draft picks going back and forth. People with less than 11 picks just get supplementary picks (round 12, round 13, so on). Only on Yahoo that is required, but that's a platform issue in which we just send the last picks over.

No other basis for a dispute?

Yeah, LB you need to list your keepers.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
You don't have to have an equal amount of draft picks going back and forth. People with less than 11 picks just get supplementary picks (round 12, round 13, so on). Only on Yahoo that is required, but that's a platform issue in which we just send the last picks over.

No other basis for a dispute?

Yeah, LB you need to list your keepers.
Nope, thats all I had....I had to try something to stop it. It's a pretty lopsided deal.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
CRD basically paid the same price LB did for Pastrnak...
And got Dahlin on top.
I admit LB probably won the trade for Pastrnak...
But CRD's trade is straight-up highway robbery.

I did not like the trade when I saw it last night...
But I did not realize it can be disputed...
So I would dispute it too.
I am not sure how the rest of the league can compete for the next couple of years.
CRD's core keepers are just so far ahead of the rest of the league.
Even without McDavid...
Pastrnak...
And Dahlin are basically top 5 fantasy players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canucker

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Big oof for that trade. You're going to get objectively worse olayers than Pastrnak AND Dahlin in each of those rounds. The best 84-106 players are already off the Board. Enjoy Huberdeau, E. Kane and Ekblad as the return for Pasta.

And you didn't even add rookies giving those guys away!

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
@Canucker if you want to dispute the trade, the reason would ironically be that it leaves CRD with no picks in the first 5 rounds, which Archangel and LB were told they could not do last year. 😀

This of course makes no sense though haha.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
@Canucker if you want to dispute the trade, the reason would ironically be that it leaves CRD with no picks in the first 5 rounds, which Archangel and LB were told they could not do last year. 😀

This of course makes no sense though haha.

Ahh...
If you work in law...
I would love to hire you.

That is a very good point.
That would be the reason for my dispute.
:laugh:

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
There is a clause in the CBA about that but it applies if the general manager trading away all the early picks is clearly trying to do it at the detriment to the long term health of the team, which is not in this case or the other cases for Archangel and Luc. Both Archangel and Luc's cases were never disputed and considered trading in good faith, and thus permitted for them to operate.

Here's the clause in the CBA - Article 3: Trades subsection g.
Teams must trade and behave in good faith with a balanced perspective for both short and long-term success. While ‘buying’ for a playoff run is permitted, it should not be done to the long-term detriment of competitive hope in future years. For example, should a team trade away picks and put themselves in a position during the regular season whereby they have fewer than 2 picks in the first 5 rounds, this would (at the tribunal’s discretion – exceptions are possible if circumstances dictate it) be considered trading in poor faith (i.e. detrimental to the team’s long term prospects). Any trade that puts a team in such a weakened long-term position would be reviewable and may be vetoed by the tribunal. Additional sanctions may be imposed as deemed necessary by the tribunal.

-------------------------

Also, in the history of the league, all trades are permitted as we respect the intentions and decision making of all GMs in the league. There have been many "perceived" lopsided trades in the history of this league.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
LOL , no wonder activity keeps going down but yet again not surprising in the slightest

Also move the draft earlier than dinner on Thanksgiving sunday night thx.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Honestly, I'm not even sure why I care anymore. I'm just going to shut up, set my lineups and stick my finger up my ass until the end of the season and congratulate CRD on another championship...like half of the league already does...because thats what people want to see I guess.

And I'm not blaming CRD for this...he just knows how to rope suckers, thats not illegal....its not great for the league overall, but its great for him.

• Love
Reactions: VanillaCoke

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
@BrockH as co-commissioner, I will leave their dispute to you as I am in direct conflict of interest as part of the trade.

However, I see no previous precedence to dispute this trade.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I care anymore. I'm just going to shut up, set my lineups and stick my finger up my ass until the end of the season and congratulate CRD on another championship...like half of the league already does...because thats what people want to see I guess.

And I'm not blaming CRD for this...he just knows how to rope suckers, thats not illegal....its not great for the league overall, but its great for him.

I'll just say it time and time again that it is available to everyone to find opportunities for trades, being proactive and not reactive in this league or any fantasy hockey leagues in general.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I'll just say it time and time again that it is available to everyone to find opportunities for trades, being proactive and not reactive in this league or any fantasy hockey leagues in general.
In theory I'd agree...but I think as commish some people might want to curry favor with you, or you may have a better relationship with people who don't mind being taken advantage of.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
In theory I'd agree...but I think as commish some people might want to curry favor with you, or you may have a better relationship with people who don't mind being taken advantage of.

That's a first for me to hear about "currying favours" lol what kind of favour can be returned as commish in this league? lol

Funny as I type this, favour to allow Luc to still keep his keepers? :P

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hughes (2)
Tage (1)
Ek (1)
Marner (2)
Panarin (franchise)
Wilson (1)
Vas (franchise)

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
@BrockH as co-commissioner, I will leave their dispute to you as I am in direct conflict of interest as part of the trade.

However, I see no previous precedence to dispute this trade.

There is no dispute from me anymore...mouth is shut and finger inserted. If someone else wants to thats up to them.

That's a first for me to hear about "currying favours" lol what kind of favour can be returned as commish in this league? lol

Funny as I type this, favour to allow Luc to still keep his keepers? :P
Hell if I know. lol...I'm struggling to understand why these deals get made tho.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
There is no dispute from me anymore...mouth is shut and finger inserted. If someone else wants to thats up to them.

Hell if I know. lol...I'm struggling to understand why these deals get made tho.

Luc made a post about his reasoning, however no one cared to read or understand it. It seems to be a common trend for trades that is perceived to be lopsided. One of the GM has to make a long post about why he did it. At least they are trying to justify their end and show to have good intention on what they are trying to achieve (not just saying this for my trades, but many others so called lopsided ones in the past couple of years).

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Perhaps we should bring the veto trade vote option.
That might just save a lot of arguments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad