2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't really care either way but I am curious given all the recent discussions about picking up rookies who aren't on NHL rosters...

Are Yaroslav Askarov and Jesper Wallstedt legal adds for Balls? Both are listed as NA and are not on the NHL rosters (at least I don't think they are).

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I don't really care either way but I am curious given all the recent discussions about picking up rookies who aren't on NHL rosters...

Are Yaroslav Askarov and Jesper Wallstedt legal adds for Balls? Both are listed as NA and are not on the NHL rosters (at least I don't think they are).

They are not eligible to be picked up. @Balls Mahoney Unless there are confirmed news they made the opening roster?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
They are not eligible to be picked up. @Balls Mahoney Unless there are confirmed news they made the opening roster?

Yeah...
I was wondering about that myself.

Just curious...
Is there a time limit before the owner has to rectify these types of moves?
I think it might be wise to establish a time line.

Also...
Happy Thanksgiving y'all.
I just hope my 1st overall pick will stick for the whole season.
:laugh:

archangel2

May 19, 2019

nope!! if they are NA and not on rosters they can not be picked up till the media says they will be recalled--I call this the Archangel rule--been dragged to the carpet a few times becuase of it---I believe I was given 24 hours to cut the players each time or the comish would do it for me--so lets see if the same rules apply to Balls

Yeah...

Just curious...

Also...
Did I say thank you for gifting me the goalie? I was going to take the Seattle guy--but the goalie is all right

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Really need more IR spots like atleast double asap

I disagree. Could have been talked about for a vote though in the offseason if others were on board with you. It can still be voted on but requires unanimous decision to change during the season.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Yeah...

Just curious...

Also...
The longer he holds them, the longer he has a player that doesn't help him. Unless it's viewed as tanking this is punishment in itself, imo.

Reactions: Balls Mahoney

archangel2

May 19, 2019
The longer he holds them, the longer he has a player that doesn't help him. Unless it's viewed as tanking this is punishment in itself, imo.
flag on the play--you told me to drop NA players last year--I added 2 players about 5 days before they were actually added and you told me to drop them or you would--how is what Balls doing different?

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
flag on the play--you told me to drop NA players last year--I added 2 players about 5 days before they were actually added and you told me to drop them or you would--how is what Balls doing different?
Balls has been notified via this thread to drop them, I don't wish to do it on my own and give time for GMs to make the changes themselves, like I did for you.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

True.
What if they get called up when they are still on the roster?
Would he be forced to drop them then?

Also...
Would he be able to keep the players if he somehow keeps them for the whole season?

I just want some clarifications.

Last edited:

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
True.
What if they get called up when they are still on the roster?
Would he be forced to drop them then?

Also...
Would he be able to keep the players if he somehow keep them for the whole season?

I just want some clarifications.

First question, yes, he would be required to force drop as it was deemed illegal at the time of pick up. The player would then be on waivers.

And the latter question, no, he would not be allowed to keep them as it is also deemed illegal at the time of pick up. A forced drop would prob occur before then.

At a certain point penalties may apply if he was notified to drop but hasn't dropped them for over a week.

Reactions: nameless1

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
First question, yes, he would be required to force drop as it was deemed illegal at the time of pick up. The player would then be on waivers.

And the latter question, no, he would not be allowed to keep them as it is also deemed illegal at the time of pick up. A forced drop would prob occur before then.

At a certain point penalties may apply if he was notified to drop but hasn't dropped them for over a week.

Sounds good to me.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Added both before the season started? I'm prepared to Harvey Birdman/Wetcoaster this.

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Hague signed today. Did you think Vegas was going into the season without Chris Pronger 2.0? Was skillfully utilizing my roster space as per Yahoo rules to give my team the best look to open the season...

...Did you all forget I am a former World Champion in the greatest fantasy hockey league of all time?

1*lczk5cwMcnRm-MrIUp9trg.png

Last edited:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Added both before the season started? I'm prepared to Harvey Birdman/Wetcoaster this.
only VIA the draft can NA's be kept. This came up when I was nit picking the rookie rules. Say if Holloway gets sent down--I can keep him on my roster because I drafted him. If you draft a player that is one thing but adding them is something else

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I feel like I have an argument here but don't really care enough to pursue it. So respecting the league's wishes, I dropped them yesterday. Those goalies suck and are going to bust anyway. Totally just a security blanket but I'm confident my duo is all I need to swagger into the finals and another championship banner.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I feel like I have an argument here but don't really care enough to pursue it. So respecting the league's wishes, I dropped them yesterday. Those goalies suck and are going to bust anyway. Totally just a security blanket but I'm confident my duo is all I need to swagger into the finals and another championship banner.
you are trying to do what I did last year and lost the argument several times

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Maybe if you added them before they were sent down? That's a grey area that I think we technically don't allow, but maybe you could make a case. Does anyone know how Yahoo treats rookies who are unlikely to make the roster but haven't been sent down yet? Were these two N/A before cut day, or did they only become N/A after being sent down?

You didn't though, so moot point. You added Wallsted on the 10th. He was sent down to the minors on the 3rd. I'm not sure what day Askarov was sent down, but he was practicing with the AHL team October 5 and you added him on the 7th.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Maybe if you added them before they were sent down? That's a grey area that I think we technically don't allow, but maybe you could make a case. Does anyone know how Yahoo treats rookies who are unlikely to make the roster but haven't been sent down yet? Were these two N/A before cut day, or did they only become N/A after being sent down?

You didn't though, so moot point. You added Wallsted on the 10th. He was sent down to the minors on the 3rd. I'm not sure what day Askarov was sent down, but he was practicing with the AHL team October 5 and you added him on the 7th.
no grey area--this is why I am calling it the Archangel rule--it was clearly stated--if they were drafted and sent down they could be kept but players added who are NA can not be kept---I kept pushing my luck on it last year

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
no grey area--this is why I am calling it the Archangel rule--it was clearly stated--if they were drafted and sent down they could be kept but players added who are NA can not be kept---I kept pushing my luck on it last year
Yes, but if he picked them up before they were sent down (he didn't) then they shouldn't have been N/A. We should be able to add rookies that are still in camp who are fighting for a roster spot. It's a moot point if Yahoo had them as Active, but if Yahoo marked them as NA for some reason (maybe based on last years end of season status?) then that is an error on Yahoo's part which we our rules already accommodate. They state "unless there is confirmed news that the player is becoming active (e.g. called up, activated from injured reserve, served the last day of their suspension)." If a player is in camp, and hasn't been sent down yet, then they are as "Active" as any other "Called Up".

Last edited:

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Yes, but if he picked them up before they were sent down (he didn't) then they shouldn't have been N/A. We should be able to add rookies that are still in camp who are fighting for a roster spot. It's a moot point if Yahoo had them as Active, but if Yahoo marked them as NA for some reason (maybe based on last years end of season status?) then that is an error on Yahoo's part which we our rules already accommodate. They state "unless there is confirmed news that the player is becoming active (e.g. called up, activated from injured reserve, served the last day of their suspension)." If a player is in camp, and hasn't been sent down yet, then they are as "Active" as any other "Called Up".
They were NA when picked up from what I saw.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Samsonov!
I forgot the trade I did that got him, But man I am so happy i kept him, at least so far!

Reactions: CRDragon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad