2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
In terms of rule changes, I propose that we have a system for determining waiver rankings at the start of the season. Currently it seems to be based on past season rankings with higher seeds getting higher priority. Seems counter intuitive to give the best teams the best waiver claims every year. Not sure what that would be, maybe a lottery or reverse of standings at the end of the regular seaaon?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
In terms of rule changes, I propose that we have a system for determining waiver rankings at the start of the season. Currently it seems to be based on past season rankings with higher seeds getting higher priority. Seems counter intuitive to give the best teams the best waiver claims every year. Not sure what that would be, maybe a lottery or reverse of standings at the end of the regular seaaon?

I am fine with how the waiver works myself.
The better teams already draft late.
There is no need to take the waiver priority away too.

That said...
Perhaps we should make it so that rookies has to go through the draft first...
Before they can be picked up.
It does not happen every year...
But it does not seem fair that a #1 overall pick can be basically picked up for free late in the season...
Simply because he decides to go to college.

To be clear...
There is no need to change this year...
But perhaps it is something we should look at for next year.
I am also fine with no changes too.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I have a couple thoughts on potential rule changes:

Move to FAAB instead of a priority waiver system.
- Waivers aren't as important in hockey as they are in football for obvious reasons. But a FAAB system is much better for reasons like the Power thing and just in general. Give everyone $100 FAAB and that's your waiver budget for the year. If people want to save all $100 for a chance at getting a rookie like Power at year's end, all the power to them, but they might miss out on a couple of sneaky pickups throughout the season.

Move to same day pickups instead of next day.
- We only get 3 pickups a week (I feel like it could be 4 or 5 but whatever). Why make it so people have to pick up a player before midnight to get them into their lineup for that day? Makes it a lot more interesting if people can stream goalies or pick up a skater on Sunday to try and win a category without having to remember to do so (or predict a starting goalie) the day before.

Now this is a big one but....change up the scoring?
- Look, I get category scoring and it's cool how it makes certain defenceman and other players more valuable at times, but my other league is straight up fantasy points (like a football pool) and it's a blast. Instead of sitting there on Sunday and knowing your matchup is basically done cause no categories are close (or hoping for 5 hits out of a player...) there are a ton of close battles that come down to the final game on Sunday. Goals worth 4, assists worth 2, SOG worth 0.5, hits worth 0.1, blocks worth something I forgot. Saves worth 0.2, win worth 5, shutout worth 3. You can actually just cheer on your players to do anything productive like score or assist or get shots or make a save. It also makes it so each week is worth 2 pts (a win or a loss) and the standings go that way. So if you're in a tight battle at the end of the week and your player scores to give you a narrow win, it feels great and you secure the big 2 pts and a win in the standings. The way we do it, there are plenty of times on a Saturday/Sunday where the matchup is 6-5-2 or something and the categories aren't close so the weekend basically means nothing and you know both teams will be getting 12-14 out of a possible 26 points. Takes some of the competitiveness out of it. Look how tight this consolation quarterfinal was in my other league last week...(consolation playoffs are for draft position)

Attachments

• consolation.JPG
    consolation.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: StrictlyCommercial

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I really like the idea of a FAAB systrm for waivers. Question is does Yahoo have that capability, or the scoring change capability?

I think I have seen the FAAB system on yahoo...
But that is for CRD to find out.
Personally...
I am not a fan of it...
But I will go with what the majority decides.

I am not sure about the scoring change myself...
But I do not feel too strongly one way or the other.
I will again go with the flow.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I really like the idea of a FAAB systrm for waivers. Question is does Yahoo have that capability, or the scoring change capability?

Yup. It's what my other league uses.

I think I have seen the FAAB system on yahoo...
But that is for CRD to find out.
Personally...
I am not a fan of it...
But I will go with what the majority decides.

I am not sure about the scoring change myself...
But I do not feel too strongly one way or the other.
I will again go with the flow.

And yea I'm happy with the scoring the way it is if we leave it, just suggesting another option that has been quite interesting in my other pool. Just two totally different ways of doing it, but both are fun in their own form.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Reverse standings for waivers makes a lot of sense.

FAAB also brings in a new way of bidding for waiver players.

Both are great. I think Yahoo calls it the "FAB (Free Agent Budget)" Overview of Waivers and Free Agents in Yahoo Fantasy | Yahoo Help - SLN6811

We can vote to see which one we want to change it or use one of the above next season.

--------

Change of scoring would be quite a significant change that would warrant full league conversation. It would be a drastic change that will have long term impact so it won't be implemented for at least two seasons but worth exploring to spice up the league.

--------

Same day pickup, I like the idea too. Worth more discussion and vote.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Of course my goalie gets pulled and one game gets postponed to the end of the season.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I am being spanked...
As expected.
:laugh:

Oh well.
It is what it is.
I could make a couple of switches to my keeper list...
So I guess I can be more active in the summer.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Man oh man what a battle @CRDragon …stat corrections still in play, voraceks -1 on the empty netter gives me a bit of a cushion though. Would be a little more worried if it was still 7-6 cause you have the tiebreaker

I should not have doubted you.
Luckily I no longer gamble...
Or else it would have been a double whammy.

Good luck the rest of the way.
You and CRD are the same to me.
I know I will lose either way.

Reactions: ArtursSilovsShirt

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I should not have doubted you.
Luckily I no longer gamble...
Or else it would have been a double whammy.

Good luck the rest of the way.
You and CRD are the same to me.
I know I will lose either way.

Haha I got a bit lucky with goalies against CRD...Will be tough to do the same against Vanilla with 2 goalies vs his 4-5...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad