2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I thought the rule for our league was that he has to at least appear in a game.
As you wrote...
He is also injured...
And no one knows exactly the extent of his injury yet.

We can wait for CRD to rule on it...
And I will respect whatever he decide.
We do need a clear definition though...
Because Owen Power could be in the same boat.
Unless I'm working from an older version of the rules and there has been a change, only players that are listed as "N/A" cannot be picked up, unless there is information showing that the player has been brought up to the team's main roster...I think the "1 game" think you might be thinking of is that a player needs to have missed 1 game in order to go on the LTIR? But I'm not sure.

Owen Power isn't even listed among the players right now, I'd be willing to bet that once he signs a contract he'll be available, but he will probably be one of those guys that you need to make a waiver claim on in order to try and pick him up.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Sanderson for the longest time was not listed too.
I know...
Because I have searched for him for a while now.
:laugh:

That is why I want some clarity now.
I know Power will be a hot commodity once he signs...
And he could very well do it once the Frozen 4 is over.

The 1 game aspect is from the discussion about
Krebs.
I might have been mistaken...
But I thought archangel had to drop him because he has not played in the NHL yet.

We can just wait for CRD to have a ruling.
I am fine with whatever he decides.
I mainly want clarity.

Reactions: Canucker

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Clarity is in the cba as canucker mentioned, Article 6b, and also in this thread starting at post #689 where the krebs situation is explained again and then Rossi right afterwards post #703.
Theres no 1 game rule, just not N/A unless confirmed news of nhl call up/roster.

Owen power will be in exactly the same situation when he signs after ncaa, and will also pass through waivers first as you and canucker mentioned.

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Sanderson is injured though.
He will not play for the next little bit.

I will just wait for CRD's decision.
It is not anything immediate anyways.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Injury status doesn't matter it's just what canuker mentioned previously

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I like to hear from CRD.
He is the commish after all.

He can take all the time he wants...
Because it is not a pressing issue.
I just want some confirmation anyways.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Any new players added on Yahoo would have been on 2 days waiver, so Sanderson would have passed through it to be available for pickup. If he was already in the system, then he would have been immediately available upon signing. He would have been ineligible if he signed with Ottawa and is then assigned to the minors (or the contract starts in 2022/23).

From Yahoo's news update, the last sentence states that Sanderson joins the team directly after signing (not assigned to minors), thus he is available for pickup.

Sunday, 9:45 am

Jake Sanderson has signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Ottawa Senators.

Advice: "We're very pleased to get Jake under contract," said Senators GM Pierre Dorion. "An important cog to our future on defence, Jake is an effortless skater who possesses all the tools to be a complete NHL defenceman. A mature leader despite his young age, he played big minutes in college with a blend of poise and confidence. While he still has progress to make in overcoming a current injury, we are hopeful of seeing him in our lineup before the end of the season." Sanderson reportedly had hand surgery in mid-March, which cut his sophomore season short with the University of North Dakota. He amassed 41 points (10 goals, 31 assists) in 45 career collegiate contests. The Senators chose Sanderson with the fifth overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft. He will join the team this week and could make his NHL debut at some point before the end of the 2021-22 campaign.

----------------------------

To be clear based on the comments, injuries could have a factor for N/A pickups based on the example in the wording of the CBA.

b. Not Active (NA) players are ineligible to be added to a roster unless there is confirmed news that the player is becoming active (e.g. called up, activated from injured reserve, served the last day of their suspension).

So if a player were to be injured and Yahoo states them as N/A would mean they are ineligible for pickup, although not 100% sure exactly what status that player is deem to be to deserve N/A (perhaps minor league stint after a long injury before activating to main roster).

Hope that clears things up.

Reactions: nameless1

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
How do we propose rule changes?
One thing I want to see is to cancel the waiting period for trades altogether.
It would make more sense to be a year round aspect...
And not just for the trade deadline.

Thoughts?

I would keep the waiver pickup waiting period though.
I am fine with it.
How to propose rule change:

Suggest the rule, have two people support it, and we'll bring it up in an off season vote.

We haven't done this in a long while, hopefully a more normal offseason can help us get going on making meaningful changes again.

With respect to your suggestion, nameless1:
I don't think it would fly without some sort of wait period in case a trade is invalid. At least one day, where people can voice their opinion or where commish has the time to veto a trade should be allotted for the integrity of the league.

I would support a 1 day wait, but not immediate, with the except on trade deadline day.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
My team has too much of a one-and-done feel too.
My goalies started to fail in recent weeks.

Oh well.
It is what it is.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This is going down to the wire. The wild thing is the categories we are each winning have flipped since last week's match.

Hah fantasy hockey is weird that way. Gonna be a tight finish! Lot of it will come down to how Boston/Ullmark play this morning. I was set on sitting Talbot Friday night and wussed out last second. May end up costing me big time 😬

archangel2

May 19, 2019
So Power and Johnson will hit waivers when they get added to the Yahoo system? Which means I get first dibs on one of them?
Have they been recalled? Thought the player had to be recalled or a report he was going to be recalled

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Strictly gave Bo a run for his money.
That was very close.

Now I get ready to be whipped by Vanilla.
That should be fun.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeesh that was close…think i should be safe even if theres a couple stat correction. Great battle @StrictlyCommercial we played 4 times this year and they were all tight. Dream of a 3peat still alive but i imagine CRD will spank me haha

Hey...
We have something in common.
I guess I will even save time...
And just congratulate your victory over me right now.

You are in a very good boat though.
You basically will get a lottery pick for free.
:thumbu:

Reactions: ArtursSilovsShirt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad