2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
So Quinton Byfeild who is only out for 2 months, who is on waivers can not be picked up and the guy who dropped him can not put him back on the roster this season

That is my question. We are getting players listed on LTIR getting dropped. With so many being droppec we need to clarify which ones rights are being released and which ones are being put on the shelf for the season

Is that in plain English for you.

Do no one can add Eichel back to their roster for the rest of the year if he gets healthy over night when he gets traded

I'm not sure what is difficult to understand here? CaptainBo drafted Byfield, if Byfield suffered an injury, missed 1 game, CaptainBo could use a Long-Term Injury Exemption on Byfield. All he needs to do is post in the forum that he is using the exemption and then drop Byfield...but once he is dropped he can't be picked back up until the season is over. CaptainBo didn't use the exemption (at least I didn't see him post anything about it in the forums) on Byfield, so you could pick him up...but you couldn't use the exemption on him because you didn't draft him, nor was he protected as a keeper.

I used the Long-Term Injury exemption on Eichel because he is a) one of my keepers, b) he is injured, c) he has missed at least 1 game. Once I use the Long Term Injury Exemption he cannot be picked back up by anyone until the season is over...if he gets healthy thats my tough luck. I am still able to trade him, but he will still carry the Long Term Injury Exemption tag and won't be able to be picked up by whomever trades for him until the season is over.

This is all written in the rules...in plain english.

Last edited:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Do ALL players drafted or were keepers that HAVE been dropped... such as QUINTON BYFEILD who got dropped today remain property of the original team but can not be re added BY THE ORIGINAL team regardless if they come off the LTIR in one month time.

My question has nothing to do with Eichel but ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS that were dropped when they were listed on the LTIR when dropped. It is not a hard question. If that is the case we should keep a master list on the board of players that rights are owned by a manager.

Do you understand or do you want me to post it in your native language.

My question is not about Eichel but Quinton B.

If a managers drops a player there should be a clarification if he dropped because the manager believes he is done for the season and will keep him as a keeper for next season or if just believes the player wont perform.​

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Do ALL players drafted or were keepers that HAVE been dropped... such as QUINTON BYFEILD who got dropped today remain property of the original team but can not be re added BY THE ORIGINAL team regardless if they come off the LTIR in one month time.

My question has nothing to do with Eichel but ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS that were dropped when they were listed on the LTIR when dropped. It is not a hard question. If that is the case we should keep a master list on the board of players that rights are owned by a manager.

Do you understand or do you want me to post it in your native language.

My question is not about Eichel but Quinton B.

If a managers drops a player there should be a clarification if he dropped because the manager believes he is done for the season and will keep him as a keeper for next season or if just believes the player wont perform.​

I take it you still haven't read the rules?

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
b. Once a manager has made the decision to place a player on the LTIR exemption, they need to post this in the forum. Once they have confirmed in the forum that the player is being placed on LTIR, they may drop the player. The act of dropping the player officially puts the player on the LTIR exemption list

Reactions: BrockH

archangel2

May 19, 2019
If you guys forget.

2 seasons ago I had a certain Wild player on my team. He got injured and put on LTIR and was done for the year. I dropped him and re added at the end of the season only to be told I couldn't because I had not drafted him.

So me getting complete clarification on the subject should not be out of the question

archangel2

May 19, 2019

Did the manager of Quinton do this before dropping him?

That is the player I am talking about. Eichels manager did right after dropping him.

Still waiting on clarification on that. Looks to me he dropped the player but has not posted in this thread and it has been over 12 hours.

Now do you understand? My question is not about Eichel...that manager followed the rules

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Did the manager of Quinton do this before dropping him?

That is the player I am talking about. Eichels manager did right after dropping him.

Still waiting on clarification on that. Looks to me he dropped the player but has not posted in this thread and it has been over 12 hours.

Now do you understand? My question is not about Eichel...that manager followed the rules

I didn't see CaptainBo post anything in the forum stating he was seeking a Long Term Injury Exemption for Byfield, so I would assume he wasn't looking to use that tag on him. You can only use the exemption on one player per year so he may not want to waste it on Byfield?

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
What the hell is going on here haha. I didn't even think of using it on Byfield. Feels like that would be a real loophole in the rule if I did anyways seeing as he's never played an NHL game. Just figured there are tons of young talented rookie eligible keepers out there, Byfield probably won't be a fantasy stud (at least in his first couple of years) so might as well drop him. He was one of the last picks in the draft.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
If you guys forget.

2 seasons ago I had a certain Wild player on my team. He got injured and put on LTIR and was done for the year. I dropped him and re added at the end of the season only to be told I couldn't because I had not drafted him.

So me getting complete clarification on the subject should not be out of the question

Could you reference the said LTIR situation? I don't recall this.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Could you reference the said LTIR situation? I don't recall this.

Krill kaprizov.

I added him to my team shortly there after he got injured. I dropped him. Added him when my season was over. Only to be told I couldn't do that. And had him removed from my team.

This is why I want clear understanding.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
You never added Kaprizov. Wasn’t in the league 2 years ago…do you mean Ilya Mikheyev? According to the transaction list he was taken off of your roster by the commissioner that season…so you might mean him?

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Krill kaprizov.

I added him to my team shortly there after he got injured. I dropped him. Added him when my season was over. Only to be told I couldn't do that. And had him removed from my team.

This is why I want clear understanding.

As Canucker said, Kaprizov wasn't in the NHL until last year. Maybe you added him post draft and were told you couldn't because he wasn't on an NHL roster? Because that is a separate rule, unless you draft a player, you can't add them until they are called up to the NHL (or come over from Europe)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad