Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Can't say I'm not disappointed given the price. Have to say l, I'm very much over waiting for the kids to figure it out. I know they're preaching patience but we littlerally did nothing to actually improve the team outside of HOPING the kids take steps. Rico for Fabri is a downgrade and is Dumoulin actually better than Lyubushkin? He plays the wrong side. I just don't see how this is an acceptable offseason so far.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I can’t see Laine being a success in Montreal, but I also question why people think he’d be a success under Cronin.

There’s also the fact that he was reportedly still recovering from the surgery in late July, and there’s zero guarantee that his shoulder will be functional enough to let him actually be effective this year.

Reactions: HanSolo

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Can't say I'm not disappointed given the price. Have to say l, I'm very much over waiting for the kids to figure it out. I know they're preaching patience but we littlerally did nothing to actually improve the team outside of HOPING the kids take steps. Rico for Fabri is a downgrade and is Dumoulin actually better than Lyubushkin? He plays the wrong side. I just don't see how this is an acceptable offseason so far.
To me it’s not a successful off season so far. In fact, I think it’s kind of a failure so far.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Im actually f***ing annoyed. This is the second time Montreal has taken a cap dump that likely will be an addition to the team AND fetch them a good return when the Ducks EASILY could have made the same trade with their insane cap space.

This trade would have been a complete no brainer for the Ducks assuming it would have been Vaak or LaCombe.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I am not even a big Laine fan (I didn’t want him 3 years ago when he was a much better player than he is now), but a pick that’s almost certainly going to be a top 40 probably would have been enough for me to pull the trigger.

EDIT: You gotta wonder how PLD feels right now, I bet he’s seething. Guy he was traded for ultimately got his dream move.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad