Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I don't understand the coddling reply for Solberg, especially when I wrote, "Solberg is just 18-years old in a top men's league (SHL). This year is a year to develop his game as well as consistency." You are reiterating what I said.

Here is my post about Solberg's previous game:

As you can see, I denoted Solberg has the most ice time for the team and was very good that game. The very next game, it was a bad game for Solberg. Just shows the inconsistency of a young player, which we're in agreement of. There is nothing malicious reporting about what actually happened. You can stop with the white knight defense of Solberg when we're both fans of Solberg.

Wow...I just find it funny to see you focus on "fewest TOI" when there are just a few seconds between the players. That's why I said you shouldn't read much into that.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Wow...I just find it funny to see you focus on "fewest TOI" when there are just a few seconds between the players. That's why I said you shouldn't read much into that.

Going from 19:11 TOI (highest) to 13:36 TOI (lowest among d-men) in back to back games is something funny? But that's just TOI. You completely neglected good play went with the 19:11 TOI and bad play with 13:36 TOI. That identifies inconsistency, albeit at opposite extremes. It is evident you have problem with actual reporting and just what to white knight for Solberg all the time. There is nothing wrong with identifying Solberg had a bad game.

SolbergFarjestad2024-25
GameGAPts+/-TOISOGHitsPIM
1​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
16:01​
1​
2​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
-1​
15:35​
0​
1​
0​
3​
0​
0​
0​
1​
19:11​
2​
2​
0​
4​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
13:36​
0​
2​
2​

Again, we're both fans of Solberg, but I actually do want to know how he's been playing. You've hyped up Solberg so much with his most TOI in pre-season to make believe Solberg is a top-pairing D today. But you have toned your schtick down tremendously during the regular season b/c Solberg is a 2nd pairing D. Yet, you want to jump down my throat for identifying a fact that Solberg had the lowest TOI among defensemen and exclude the context that he has been playing 2 minutes or more above that? Don't be hypocrite.

Once again, there's nothing wrong with identifying Solberg had a bad game; the -2 rating and 2 PIM probably justified Solberg losing minutes.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Going from 19:11 TOI (highest) to 13:36 TOI (lowest among d-men) in back to back games is something funny? But that's just TOI. You completely neglected good play went with the 19:11 TOI and bad play with 13:36 TOI. That identifies inconsistency, albeit at opposite extremes. It is evident you have problem with actual reporting and just what to white knight for Solberg all the time. There is nothing wrong with identifying Solberg had a bad game.

SolbergFarjestad2024-25
GameGAPts+/-TOISOGHitsPIM
1​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
16:01​
1​
2​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
-1​
15:35​
0​
1​
0​
3​
0​
0​
0​
1​
19:11​
2​
2​
0​
4​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
13:36​
0​
2​
2​

Again, we're both fans of Solberg, but I actually do want to know how he's been playing. You've hyped up Solberg so much with his most TOI in pre-season to make believe Solberg is a top-pairing D today. But you have toned your schtick down tremendously during the regular season b/c Solberg is a 2nd pairing D. Yet, you want to jump down my throat for identifying a fact that Solberg had the lowest TOI among defensemen and exclude the context that he has been playing 2 minutes or more above that? Don't be hypocrite.

Once again, there's nothing wrong with identifying Solberg had a bad game; the -2 rating and 2 PIM probably justified Solberg losing minutes.
What is the matter with you? They’re just someone who’s been following Solberg closely that wants to give us as much insight as possible.

Why does it always have to be a never ending argument

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
What is the matter with you? They’re just someone who’s been following Solberg closely that wants to give us as much insight as possible.

Why does it always have to be a never ending argument
And I imagine they are actually watching him live to provide context stats don’t show. @Webster we appreciate the continued insight!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I don't understand the coddling reply for Solberg, especially when I wrote, "Solberg is just 18-years old in a top men's league (SHL). This year is a year to develop his game as well as consistency." You are reiterating what I said.

Here is my post about Solberg's previous game:

As you can see, I denoted Solberg has the most ice time for the team and was very good that game. The very next game, it was a bad game for Solberg. Just shows the inconsistency of a young player, which we're in agreement of. There is nothing malicious reporting about what actually happened. You can stop with the white knight defense of Solberg when we're both fans of Solberg.
Why do you always have to be like this? Especially when Webster has provided a lot of good information about Solberg in this thread.

Absolutely unbearable that you want to fight and argue with everyone here as if they have made some personal attack on you, no matter who it is.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
And I imagine they are actually watching him live to provide context stats don’t show. @Webster we appreciate the continued insight!

Thanks, I know you'd like to stay updated on Stian. I'm actually just back from a trip to Karlstad (Färjestad's home town), met with a few players and staff, great team. I'll let you know when there's more interesting stuff for you guys about him and Damian.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks, I know you'd like to stay updated on Stian. I'm actually just back from a trip to Karlstad (Färjestad's home town), met with a few players and staff, great team. I'll let you know when there's more interesting stuff for you guys about him and Damian.
Thanks for the updates! Do you recommend a trip out there? I'm trying to figure out a trip in late December for my birthday, I was thinking of catching a game (pending wife's approval of the trip). She wants to go somewhere with stuff to do aside from hockey. I've never been to Sweden or Finland, so was thinking of somewhere out there if we decide on somewhere cold to visit.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the updates! Do you recommend a trip out there? I'm trying to figure out a trip in late December for my birthday, I was thinking of catching a game (pending wife's approval of the trip). She wants to go somewhere with stuff to do aside from hockey. I've never been to Sweden or Finland, so was thinking of somewhere out there if we decide on somewhere cold to visit.

Karlstad is a great place to visit, I'll provide a link for tourists. I would also recommend Norse Airlines, nonstop from LA to Oslo. Great fares. From Oslo it's just a 3 hours drive to Karlstad.

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Karlstad is a great place to visit, I'll provide a link for tourists. I would also recommend Norse Airlines, nonstop from LA to Oslo. Great fares. From Oslo it's just a 3 hours drive to Karlstad.

Thanks! I think I flew that airlines last time I stopped in Oslo. I had a one day layover there, definitely wouldn't mind spending more time in that area

Reactions: Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad