Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
This was not only the largest growth in the data set this year but also the largest going back many years.
This is the quote that stands out to me about Sennecke. His development curve is so steep that it outpaced everyone looking back years. He still has a ton more growth left in him so he could be anything. He just needs to stay/get healthy and work hard over the next couple years to cement his growth.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah, I don't think he has shown anything to be ranked higher than Pasta. Highlight reels are a helluva drug :laugh:

I think it's more of "What have you done for me lately" and without context. Pasta didn't blow up the AHL in his rookie season, which was also marred by injuries and he played mostly in the bottom-6. Sidorov scored 50 goals in the WHL (CHL) last year. On a production basis, it's easy why many would boost Sidorov so high.

If you add context of the type of player they are and compare them from the same league (CHL), then you have a different opinion. Not too many people do the deep dives or probably don't have enough time to do the deep dives. I've shared my thoughts about Pasta and Sidorov often during the prospect ranking, but it doesn't dissuade the masses from still boosting up Sidorov. Pasta and Sidorov are both high-end scorers who can't skate that were both selected in the 3rd round. Now, compare their productions in the CHL with respect from their respective draft year.

Pasta
D+1, OHL (CHL): 65 games, 76 pts (1.17 ppg)
D+2, OHL (CHL): 60 games, 98 pts (1.63 ppg)

Sidorov
D+1, WHL (CHL): 53 games, 76 pts (1.43 ppg)
D+2, WHL (CHL): 66 games, 88 pts (1.33 ppg)

People forget how Pasta tore up the OHL in his D+2 season, which was only two years ago. But Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Yeah, I don't think he has shown anything to be ranked higher than Pasta. Highlight reels are a helluva drug :laugh:
For me it’s Siderov’s goals per game that puts him over the edge in relation to Pasta for me. If we are banking on a flawed player whose strength is goal scoring, I’m gonna go with the guy scoring more goals per game. We’ll see how Siderov adjusts to the AHL though, it’s very possible his tricks only work in junior.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
For me it’s Siderov’s goals per game that puts him over the edge in relation to Pasta for me. If we are banking on a flawed player whose strength is goal scoring, I’m gonna go with the guy scoring more goals per game. We’ll see how Siderov adjusts to the AHL though, it’s very possible his tricks only work in junior.

I dunno. It all depends on the situation. This becomes more evident when players are traded.

• McTavish D+1
    • Petergorough: 5 games, 6g + 1a = 7 pts (1.20 goals/game)
    • Hamilton: 24 games, 14g + 26a = 40 pts (0.58 goals/game)

Mac didn't have to carry the team after he got traded to a more talented Hamilton squad and became more of a two-way threat. Would you say Sidorov gets the nod over McTavish b/c Mac didn't put up 0.76 over the whole season?

• Pastujov D+2
    • Guelph: 14 games, 11g + 8a = 19 pts (0.79 goals/games)
    • Sarnia: 46 games, 30g + 49a = 79 pts (0.65 goals/games)

We see the similar pattern here with Pastujov going to a more talented team and becoming more of a two-way threat.

• Sidorov, Saskatoon
    • D+1: 58 games, 40g + 36a = 76 pts (0.75 goals/games)
    • D+2: 66 games, 50g + 38a = 88 pts (0.76 goals/games)

With Sidorov, he shows consistency between the two seasons of being a high-end goal scorer. His center, Wong, scored 15g + 86a = 101 pts. Guess the playmaking is mostly on Wong.

If Pasta needs to be the goal scorer on the team, he can be that goal scorer on par with Sidorov. After being traded, Pasta show he can be a distributor too.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I dunno. It all depends on the situation. This becomes more evident when players are traded.

• McTavish D+1
    • Petergorough: 5 games, 6g + 1a = 7 pts (1.20 goals/game)
    • Hamilton: 24 games, 14g + 26a = 40 pts (0.58 goals/game)

Mac didn't have to carry the team after he got traded to a more talented Hamilton squad and became more of a two-way threat. Would you say Sidorov gets the nod over McTavish b/c Mac didn't put up 0.76 over the whole season?

• Pastujov D+2
    • Guelph: 14 games, 11g + 8a = 19 pts (0.79 goals/games)
    • Sarnia: 46 games, 30g + 49a = 79 pts (0.65 goals/games)

We see the similar pattern here with Pastujov going to a more talented team and becoming more of a two-way threat.

• Sidorov, Saskatoon
    • D+1: 58 games, 40g + 36a = 76 pts (0.75 goals/games)
    • D+2: 66 games, 50g + 38a = 88 pts (0.76 goals/games)

With Sidorov, he shows consistency between the two seasons of being a high-end goal scorer. His center, Wong, scored 15g + 86a = 101 pts. Guess the playmaking is mostly on Wong.

If Pasta needs to be the goal scorer on the team, he can be that goal scorer on par with Sidorov. After being traded, Pasta show he can be a distributor too.
I’m not comparing Siderov to McTavish no, he proved in multiple leagues and tournaments that he’s not a 1 trick pony, so I don’t care if his goals per game were less than Siderov for a portion of a season. I’m comparing 3rd round tweeners who will need to hit on the one elite talent they have to get themselves off the AHL bus for their career.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I'm not confident that either of them will make much of an impact at the NHL level (although it is certainly possible), the one thing that separates them for me is that Sidorov seems to have, as the pros say, "that dog in him."

Reminds me of Zellweger in that way.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m not comparing Siderov to McTavish no, he proved in multiple leagues and tournaments that he’s not a 1 trick pony, so I don’t care if his goals per game were less than Siderov for a portion of a season. I’m comparing 3rd round tweeners who will need to hit on the one elite talent they have to get themselves off the AHL bus for their career.

Yeah... showing two CHL players (Mac and Pasta) getting traded from weaker teams depending on them for goal scoring and onto more talented teams to become two-way offensive threats totally flew over your consciousness.

Pasta was at a 0.79 ppg rate before being traded to a more talented team. The highest Sidorov got with his goal scoring rate was 0.76. Kinda debunks that "elite" Sidorov goal scoring talent has over Pasta. And if what if their goal scoring gets shuttered, then can either one be more productive as a playmaker? Apparently, Pasta has a history of talent to be a playmaker.

If either one wants to play beyond the AHL, then they need to improve their skating first. That's why they were drafted in the 3rd round to begin with.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Yeah... showing two CHL players (Mac and Pasta) getting traded from weaker teams depending on them for goal scoring and onto more talented teams to become two-way offensive threats totally flew over your consciousness.

Pasta was at a 0.79 ppg rate before being traded to a more talented team. The highest Sidorov got with his goal scoring rate was 0.76. Kinda debunks that "elite" Sidorov goal scoring talent has over Pasta. And if what if their goal scoring gets shuttered, then can either one be more productive as a playmaker? Apparently, Pasta has a history of talent to be a playmaker.

If either one wants to play beyond the AHL, then they need to improve their skating first. That's why they were drafted in the 3rd round to begin with.
Are you so fixated on numbers that you think 0.79 over 14 games is close to as impressive as 0.76 over 66 games?

The rest of the word salad and passive aggressiveness because you thought it was some gotcha moment to add McTavish into this conversation I’ll just ignore, thanks.

Reactions: Deuce22

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Mac and Pasta??? Come on, you're doing this on purpose!

• Haha
Reactions: Son of Gib

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Are you so fixated on numbers that you think 0.79 over 14 games is close to as impressive as 0.76 over 66 games?

The rest of the word salad and passive aggressiveness because you thought it was some gotcha moment to add McTavish into this conversation I’ll just ignore, thanks.

Yes. It's not Pasta's fault he got traded.

But you are too willing to omit Pasta's point production.

PastujovCHL
SeasonYearLeagueGPGAPtsPPG
D+12021-22OHL - Guelph
65​
34​
42​
76​
1.17​
D+22022-23OHL - Guelph
14​
11​
8​
19​
1.36​
2022-23OHL - Sarnia
46​
30​
49​
79​
1.72​
2022-23Total
60​
41​
57​
98​
1.63​

SidorovCHL
D+02021-22WHL - Saskatoon
58​
23​
12​
35​
0.60​
D+12022-23WHL - Saskatoon
53​
40​
36​
76​
1.43​
D+22023-24WHL - Saskatoon
66​
50​
38​
88​
1.33​

Unlike Sidorov, Pasta's ppg rate didn't drop, but rather improved.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Yes. It's not Pasta's fault he got traded.

But you are too willing to omit Pasta's point production.

PastujovCHL
D+12021-22OHL - Guelph
65​
34​
42​
76​
1.17​
D+22022-23OHL - Guelph
14​
11​
8​
19​
1.36​
2022-23OHL - Sarnia
46​
30​
49​
79​
1.72​
2022-23Total
60​
41​
57​
98​
1.63​

SidorovCHL
D+02021-22WHL - Saskatoon
58​
23​
12​
35​
0.60​
D+12022-23WHL - Saskatoon
53​
40​
36​
76​
1.43​
D+22023-24WHL - Saskatoon
66​
50​
38​
88​
1.33​

Unlike Sidorov, Pasta's ppg rate didn't drop, but rather improved.
That’s great, if you think Pasta’s playmaking will translate to the NHL that’s awesome, I don’t, which is why I said in my original post that I’m going for the guy with better goals per game.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
CHL preseason has started in earnest, which means I have to learn the team mascots all over again and be annoyed about spelling procyszyn. Anyways:

procyszyn was in the lineup today and was scoreless, played center, wore an "A", and took 18 faceoffs, most on the team.

Terrance didn't play for Erie. Is he going pro? I can't remember if he will be in San Diego or junior.

Tarin smith is playing right now for Everett. He's also wearing an "A".

Port is back from international duty and is in the lineup for moose jaw.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Masse and blais are playing each other right now, but it isn't being broadcasted and I see no stats.

Honestly, there isn't going to be a whole lot at the CHL level this season. Only a handful of kids.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Masse and blais are playing each other right now, but it isn't being broadcasted and I see no stats.

Honestly, there isn't going to be a whole lot at the CHL level this season. Only a handful of kids.
Looks like Masse had a couple of goals. Blais scoreless.

Reactions: Static

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad