Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gross.

Castellanos in his career 2021 season wasn’t as good as Werth in any of his Phillies seasons. He's still rocking a negative WAR this season. He’s also half the caliber of postseason hitter. Literally half (68 to 133 wRC+).

That all being said, Nicks had a solid season at the plate since May 1st..a lot of big moments too including 4 walk-off hits. Big catch and stolen base today. He's doing whatever he physically can to make an impact.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That all being said, Nicks had a solid season at the plate since May 1st..a lot of big moments too including 4 walk-off hits. Big catch and stolen base today. He's doing whatever he physically can to make an impact.

True. But he can’t hold Werth’s jock, and he’ll probably go 1/24 in the NLCS again. You being so positive just clinched that.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Start Sanchez at home. He's so much much better there and it will probably be they will have the best record in baseball so he could potentially start all his games there.

Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
That stolen base might kick me out of my fantasy playoffs. Figures

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
That stolen base might kick me out of my fantasy playoffs. Figures
I survived. It came down to a hit by Harris loses it for me and anything else wins it, including a walk. He ripped it up the middle but the shift was on and the Dodgers snagged it. I celebrated like the Phillies walked it off lol

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Castellanos doesn't know how to hit, he's dog meat against any pitcher who can throw low and away off speed stuff. Werth was far more disciplined. When Castellanos is patient and waits for something on the inner half of the plate, he can be effective. Werth could also field, Castellanos is a serious liability (half his "good" plays come from effort on balls a good RF would make look routine).

Turner is also undisciplined, has gotten away with it so far, but as he ages and bat speed slows, if he doesn't learn how to hit could fall off the cliff.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Castellanos doesn't know how to hit, he's dog meat against any pitcher who can throw low and away off speed stuff. Werth was far more disciplined. When Castellanos is patient and waits for something on the inner half of the plate, he can be effective. Werth could also field, Castellanos is a serious liability (half his "good" plays come from effort on balls a good RF would make look routine).

Turner is also undisciplined, has gotten away with it so far, but as he ages and bat speed slows, if he doesn't learn how to hit could fall off the cliff.
I think he gets better results when he’s just up there hacking. I like wearing out pitchers by making them throw pitches but some guys, their brains just don’t work that way. All I’m saying is the way Casty plays and his approach to the game gives him credibility. Werth only retired after trying to make the Mariners at the end of his career on a minor league contract then getting injured. You gotta love the game to go out like that after that huge contract with Washington. That’s what I see in Castellanos that reminds me of Werth.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Got to love this time of year. Good decisions to be made. Sounds like Hays may not make it back in the regular season so you get lots of opportunity to figure out your Left Field/Center platoon. Sosa comes back tomorrow. Got to figure they would keep Wilson, Clemens and Stevenson but it's gonna get tight.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Just checked in on Bohm's defensive ratings. They've really ticked up this season. I get that these defense metrics are prone to ebbs and flows on a season to season scale but it's still promising that he could stick at the hot corner long term without being a liability. His 6 outs above avg this year at 3rd are in the 90th percentile of all fielders and this year he has +1 defensive runs saved. Every other season he's been in the negative double digits

Reactions: Magua and Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Got to love this time of year. Good decisions to be made. Sounds like Hays may not make it back in the regular season so you get lots of opportunity to figure out your Left Field/Center platoon. Sosa comes back tomorrow. Got to figure they would keep Wilson, Clemens and Stevenson but it's gonna get tight.

Wtf? Are they removing his kidney?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I had soreness for about a month. Albeit I never got treated. I imagine it is really painful to swing given the torque on your core/back.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would love to know how Ranger went from so good to so bad in one season. No chance he is in my NLDS Rotation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad