Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I don't get as worked up as others about these types of rankings (at the end of the day they are meaningless) but having Sennecke at 32 is just crazy. A couple of really smart scouts - Brad Allen and Grant McCagg - were all over Sennecke as a top 5 and maybe even a top 3 pick. Some folks just haven't gotten the message yet.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Tarin smith with the primary SH assist on the first goal in this clip. Pretty nice play.
I'm really bullish on him. Think there was/is a lot of untapped potential. Still kind of on the young side, visually looks very immature (in a good way), led a playoff team's D scoring. Lots of sneaky good reports (like EP)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

EP uses NHL rookie qualifications as definition of a prospect, so carlsson, mintyukov, and zellweger are off. They note that despite graduating three of their 2023 top 15 prospects that Anaheim only drops two spots in these rankings, a testament to "the deepest pool in the sport".

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
EP top 10 for us:

Gauthier
Sennecke
Solberg
Luneau
Clara
Moore
Colangelo
Gaucher
Dionicio
Pitre

Moore and Pitre way higher then our rankings. Moore is hard for me to get excited about because it's almost a surething that he wont sign. Which is a shame because a 6'2 mobile shutdown RHD is just what the team needs.

Reactions: lwvs84

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Moore and Pitre way higher then our rankings. Moore is hard for me to get excited about because it's almost a surething that he wont sign. Which is a shame because a 6'2 mobile shutdown RHD is just what the team needs.
Why is it a sure thing? We have a glaring need for a RHD and that would be a great opportunity for him. I mean, unless he wants a certain location, I guess?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

EP uses NHL rookie qualifications as definition of a prospect, so carlsson, mintyukov, and zellweger are off. They note that despite graduating three of their 2023 top 15 prospects that Anaheim only drops two spots in these rankings, a testament to "the deepest pool in the sport".
For all those complaining about the team's lack of physicality:

1725993690197.png

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Why is it a sure thing? We have a glaring need for a RHD and that would be a great opportunity for him. I mean, unless he wants a certain location, I guess?
Fox
Thrun
Vesey
Kerfoot
Marino

Thats just off the top of my head Harvard grads who went UFA instead of signing with the team that drafted them. And all of those were in the last like 7 years. Noone knows why, but Harvard guys are WAY more likely to go UFA then any other school.

I will be very excited if he signs, but as far as I'm concerned he is gone.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Fox
Thrun
Vesey
Kerfoot
Marino

Thats just off the top of my head Harvard grads who went UFA instead of signing with the team that drafted them. And all of those were in the last like 7 years. Noone knows why, but Harvard guys are WAY more likely to go UFA then any other school.

I will be very excited if he signs, but as far as I'm concerned he is gone.
It's because Harvard guys generally stay all four years to get their degree.

We will see what happens. If he leaves, it won't be for lack of opportunity.

Reactions: Kalv

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
And once you've stayed all four years, why would you be significantly more likely to sign with the team that drafted you? Maybe there's a sense of loyalty, but it's not like Moore has spent a ton of time being developed by Anaheim - a few camps here and there, but mostly he's been playing with his college team.

If Anaheim could pay him significantly more money, that might be worth it. As it is, the only leverage the Ducks have is getting him in a game this season and starting his clock, which for some guys might not actually be that big of an advantage.

If Moore at all has a desire to play in a certain market or region, there is very little reason to sign with the Ducks.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
And once you've stayed all four years, why would you be significantly more likely to sign with the team that drafted you? Maybe there's a sense of loyalty, but it's not like Moore has spent a ton of time being developed by Anaheim - a few camps here and there, but mostly he's been playing with his college team.

If Anaheim could pay him significantly more money, that might be worth it. As it is, the only leverage the Ducks have is getting him in a game this season and starting his clock, which for some guys might not actually be that big of an advantage.

If Moore at all has a desire to play in a certain market or region, there is very little reason to sign with the Ducks.
Financially, there are three advantages for Moore to sign with Anaheim:
1. He can burn a year off his ELC at the end of the 24/25 season by playing at least one game.
2. If he is ready to play in the NHL, the Ducks have a spot for him and he can start earning an NHL salary in 25/26. On a deeper team he is getting $70k in the AHL...about an $800k difference.
3. If he plays well in 25/26 then his 2nd contract will be much more lucrative than if he signed with another team and played any amount of time in the AHL.

Depends on his priorities.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

We will see what happens. If he leaves, it won't be for lack of opportunity.
I bet it's more than that. I'd be willing to bet there's a coach or advisor there selling them on the benefits of taking that route. It seems to happen way more at Harvard then other Ivy League schools.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Financially, there are three advantages for Moore to sign with Anaheim:
1. He can burn a year off his ELC at the end of the 24/25 season by playing at least one game.
2. If he is ready to play in the NHL, the Ducks have a spot for him and he can start earning an NHL salary in 25/26. On a deeper team he is getting $70k in the AHL...about an $800k difference.
3. If he plays well in 25/26 then his 2nd contract will be much more lucrative than if he signed with another team and played any amount of time in the AHL.

Depends on his priorities.

It does, but I don't know if a guy like Moore stands to make a ton of extra money with the Ducks. He might get that one game but I don't think he's guaranteed a spot in the NHL next year. So he'll probably end up in RFA having not done much at the NHL level, which won't help his earnings.

And while he will probably want to avoid teams that are deep on the right side, 1) there aren't that many of those; and 2) he's looking at being a 3rd pairing RD for the foreseeable future regardless, so plenty of teams are going to have room for him, even if they've got their RDs set this season and next.

I think there's a greater chance he signs with the Ducks than any other individual team for the reasons you list. If I'm the Ducks, I'm selling him on the opportunity to be a part of an exciting young D-corps that desperately needs size and strength on the right side.

But if you're asking me to bet on the Ducks or the field for where he'll sign, I take the field and it's not particularly close. It's just easier for me to consider him a free agent rather than a Ducks prospect to avoid the disappointment if he leaves.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Moore is 6'3 with speed and prior to last year, was showing some offense. Before going to college, he was scoring often in the USHL and high school. Harvard made him be more of a shutdown d-man last year b/c the lack of talent on the team. There is a dire need for help on the right side at the AHL and NHL levels. We have a few NCAA players signed in LaCombe, Caulfield, Cutter, and Colangelo. Although, the Colangelo signing process was definitely awkward.

The only natural RD in the NHL is Gudas, but he's on his last leg with two seasons left. In our system, we have RD's Luneau, Helleson, Warren, Port, and Moore. Moore could be ahead of Warren, Helleson, and Port. There is definitely a path to the NHL for Moore even if the Ducks draft an RD in the first round of the 2025 draft.

With LD Thrun, the team already had LD's in vet Fowler with youths Zellweger, Minty, and Hinds already signed. That didn't include LaCombe b/c he would eventually be signed at the end of the season. That's five deep at LD. We traded Thrun for a 2024 third round pick, which ended up becoming RW Maxim Massé. For Thrun, he ended up getting paid a bit more on his second NHL contract than LaCombe did with the Ducks. Hmmm...

Welp, I hope Moore chooses to sign with us.

Reactions: Deuce22

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
If Moore doesnt sign with us it will be because he doesnt see himself beating out our other prospects for a spot

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Echoing what others have said about him, I have no idea if Sidorov will be able to score goals at the AHL or NHL level but my god he wants to really badly. He is giving 100% every shift, really impressive.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Perhaps Sidorov can carve out a Frank Vatrano role eventually if all goes well? What do you think?
Maybe in terms of impact? But not as a comparable. Vatrano is a much better skater. In terms of comparable, I'd guess his ceiling if he hits is someone like a Mike Hoffman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad