Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
I've never seen a prospect fall out of favor so fast after having one of the best seasons out of all prospects on these lists. Seemingly every list has dropped Cutter like a bag of rocks post trade. Lol.. I could count on one hand who I'd take over him and even then I'm not sure I'd feel great about it. Everything about Cutter's game just oozes pro. Let them keep sleeping.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I've never seen a prospect fall out of favor so fast after having one of the best seasons out of all prospects on these lists. Seemingly every list has dropped Cutter like a bag of rocks post trade. Lol.. I could count on one hand who I'd take over him and even then I'm not sure I'd feel great about it. Everything about Cutter's game just oozes pro. Let them keep sleeping.
I don’t mind people sleeping on cutter…. Even if he was in Philly still I think he’d be amongst favorites for Calder.

I’m expecting a Kesler like player out of cutter. And I think hell show up to the nhl ready to go I don’t expect him to take long to get comfortable

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wasn’t he a bit of a reach when he went 5th though? I could be misremembering.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wasn’t he a bit of a reach when he went 5th though? I could be misremembering.
A bit. I think he was projected 7-10 or something. So, slightly a reach but that's all. Definitely no Seider, for example.

But yeah, pretty funny to see him having arguably his best season, only to see his reports falling off suddenly when he's traded to Anaheim lol. It's hillarious, actually. And a bit sad, but mostly hillarious.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Gauthier will be a good player. I’m just not quite convinced on his upside being more than a 30+30 guy but that’s fine. He does other things too

He’s a great option next to Carlsson or McTavish for the next 5-10 years

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We need a PPG superstar in the fold. Hopefully Carlsson

Maybe Mac? He's had stretches of a ppg in almost half of the games played. If he's healthy, then who knows?

McTavish2023-24
Game SetDateGamesGAPtspts/G+/-PIMsPIM/GPComment
TotalSchedule
64​
19​
23​
42​
0.66​
-23​
86​
1.34​
1 to 20Oct 14 - Nov 24
20​
10​
11​
21​
1.05​
-2​
26​
1.30​
Vatrano-Mac-Strome ⬅️
21 to 24Nov 26 - Dec 2
4​
0​
0​
0​
0.00​
-7​
4​
1.00​
Played through injury
InjuredDec 3 - Dec 20missed 7 games
24 to 43Dec 21 - Jan 31
19​
3​
7​
10​
0.53​
-8​
32​
1.68​
InjuredFeb 1 - Feb 12All-star break, missed 1 game
44 to 52Feb 13 - Mar 1
9​
4​
5​
9​
1.00​
0​
12​
1.33​
Vatrano-Mac-Terry(6)/Leason(3) ⬅️
InjuredMar 2 - Mar 7missed 2 games
53 to 56Mar 8 - Mar 14
4​
0​
0​
0​
0.00​
-3​
6​
1.50​
injuredMar 15 - Mar18missed 2 games
57 to 64Mar 19 - Apr 2
8​
2​
0​
2​
0.25​
-3​
6​
0.75​
injuredApr 5 - Apr 18missed 6 games

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don’t mind people sleeping on cutter…. Even if he was in Philly still I think he’d be amongst favorites for Calder.

I’m expecting a Kesler like player out of cutter. And I think hell show up to the nhl ready to go I don’t expect him to take long to get comfortable
And he trains in the offseason with Bieksa/Kesler. Those two must have told him good things about Anaheim, Ducks might have been one of his preferred destinations who knows. An Kesler with more offensive upside but less defensive upside. His shot is definitely better.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
And he trains in the offseason with Bieksa/Kesler. Those two must have told him good things about Anaheim, Ducks might have been one of his preferred destinations who knows. An Kesler with more offensive upside but less defensive upside. His shot is definitely better.
From what I’ve seen I don’t like the Kesler comparisons for Cutter. At least in his college games, he isn’t a constant impact player like Kes was so I think it’s unfair to set expectations that way. He’s not punishing physically or dominant defensively. Cutter is mostly invisible even in the games where he’s piling up shots because his offensive game is about getting open. On D it seems like his biggest asset is backchecking for turnovers and then turning that into a dangerous counterstrike with his crazy good shot.

This isn’t a critique, I think he’ll be a very good player.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
2024 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. LW - Cutter Gauthier (2024 acquired)
2. RW - Beckett Sennecke (2024 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. D - Tristan Luneau (+1)
5. D - Stian Solberg (2024 draftee)
6. G - Damian Clara (+16)
7. RW - Sam Colangelo (+18)
8. C - Lucas Pettersson (2024 draftee)
9. D - Rodwin Dionicio (2023 HM)
10. C - Nathan Gaucher (-2)
11. G - Tomas Suchanek (2024 acquired)
12. D - Tyson Hinds (-5)
13. RW - Yegor Sidorov (+10)
14. LW - Nikita Nesterenko (+2)
15. D - Ian Moore (-2)
16. D - Noah Warren (-1)
17. RW - Maxim Massé (2024 draftee)
18. C - Carey Terrance (+3)
19. RW - Sasha Pastujov (-10)
20. RW - Coulson Pitre (+4)
21. LW - Nico Myatovic (-11)
22. D - Tarin Smith (2024 draftee)
23. D - Drew Helleson (-11)
24. C - Ethan Procyszyn (2024 draftee)
25. G - Calle Clang (-6)
Honorable Mentions: D - Vojtech Port, C - Kyle Kukkonen, RW - Judd Caulfield, G - Vyacheslav Buteyets, D - Konnor Smith

Eligible prospects who went unranked:

C - Jan Mysak
C - Josh Lopina
C - Alexandre Blais
RW - Michael Callow
D - William Francis
RW - Austin Burnevik
RW - Jaxsen Wiebe
D - Darels Uljanskis

Our graduates and departures are:

Leo Carlsson
Pavel Mintyukov
Lukas Dostal
Jackson LaCombe
Connor Hvidston
Jacob Perreault
Pavol Regenda
Benoit-Olivier Groulx
Brayden Tracey
Blake McLaughlin
Gage Alexander
Ben King
Jack Perbix
Artyom Galimov
Albin Sundsvik​

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
We need a PPG superstar in the fold. Hopefully Carlsson
I totally agree. I just don't think Drysdale + 2nd gets us a superstar potential prospect. That's extremely wishful thinking on the part of Ducks fans. He projects as a top 6 player, potentially top line and if he becomes a reliable 30g scorer that's really good value for the trade.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Pronman put out his top prospects U23 list.

Again, I don't agree with his rankings, but I do appreciate his work. I just see it as an entertainment piece to get us to the next NHL season so we can all have enjoy bitching and complaining. And there's a lot to bitch and complain about this list. ha!

Here's the updated chart comparing pools of Anaheim (#3), SJ (#2), and Chicago (#1). I only went seven deep for the comparison.

Pronman U23 Prospect Ranking (2024).png

I was right about Chicago being only two-deep in their prospect pool.

Some bitching
1. There is no generational tier anymore; reduced down to Elite. Bedard is just Elite now.
2. Fantilli is ranked #4 and a Tier 1 ranking. How in the hell is Fantilli in Tier 1?!
3. 2024 Yakemchuk (#10) and Silayev (#11) above Wyatt Johnston (#12) and Owen Power (#19)?!
4. Faber is two spots below Mintyukov (#33) and Nemec is ranked #42. I love Minty, but I disagree with this ranking order.
5. Cutter is ranked five spots below Drysdale. Last year, Pronman had them ranked Drysdale at 34 and Cutter at 38. Cutter had a banner season and Drysdale played injured (not a great season).

There seems to be more bias to Pronman's ranking. Maybe it's done on purpose to get clicks and comments.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Just in case you wanted to know about last year's ranking for Anaheim by Pronman (I kept the color tiers the same from up above to stay with the same description)...

Pronman U23 Prospect Ranking (2023).png

Tier movement between the two years
  • Zegras graduated.
  • Carlsson move up from NHL All-Star to "Bubble Elite and NHL All-Star".
  • Mac dropped from NHL All-star to "Bubble NHL All-Star and Top line".
  • Zellweger dropped from "Bubble Top Line and Middle Line" to Middle Line player.
  • Minty moved up from "Bubble Top Line and Middle Line" to Top Line player.
  • Gaucher stayed in the same tier of Middle Line player.
  • LaCombe graduated.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
There seems to be more bias to Pronman's ranking. Maybe it's done on purpose to get clicks and comments.
I think this is the case with every ranking. I don't see a point to any insider doing a prospect ranking aside from getting clicks and comments. We know that teams have their own internal ranking systems and often go off the board, so clearly they don't value the insiders' opinions very highly.

Although with Cutter it might honestly be the opposite - ranking Drysdale higher to avoid having insane Philly fans in his mentions.

Reactions: Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
2024 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. LW - Cutter Gauthier (2024 acquired)
2. RW - Beckett Sennecke (2024 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. D - Tristan Luneau (+1)
5. D - Stian Solberg (2024 draftee)
6. G - Damian Clara (+16)
7. RW - Sam Colangelo (+18)
8. C - Lucas Pettersson (2024 draftee)
9. D - Rodwin Dionicio (2023 HM)
10. C - Nathan Gaucher (-2)
11. G - Tomas Suchanek (2024 acquired)
12. D - Tyson Hinds (-5)
13. RW - Yegor Sidorov (+10)
14. LW - Nikita Nesterenko (+2)
15. D - Ian Moore (-2)
16. D - Noah Warren (-1)
17. RW - Maxim Massé (2024 draftee)
18. C - Carey Terrance (+3)
19. RW - Sasha Pastujov (-10)
20. RW - Coulson Pitre (+4)
21. LW - Nico Myatovic (-11)
22. D - Tarin Smith (2024 draftee)
23. D - Drew Helleson (-11)
24. C - Ethan Procyszyn (2024 draftee)
25. G - Calle Clang (-6)
Honorable Mentions: D - Vojtech Port, C - Kyle Kukkonen, RW - Judd Caulfield, G - Vyacheslav Buteyets, D - Konnor Smith

Eligible prospects who went unranked:

C - Jan Mysak
C - Josh Lopina
C - Alexandre Blais
RW - Michael Callow
D - William Francis
RW - Austin Burnevik
RW - Jaxsen Wiebe
D - Darels Uljanskis

Our graduates and departures are:

Leo Carlsson
Pavel Mintyukov
Lukas Dostal
Jackson LaCombe
Connor Hvidston
Jacob Perreault
Pavol Regenda
Benoit-Olivier Groulx
Brayden Tracey
Blake McLaughlin
Gage Alexander
Ben King
Jack Perbix
Artyom Galimov
Albin Sundsvik​

I think Sidorov and maybe Dionicio got in there a bit too early. Pastujov shouldn't have fallen that far

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Pronman put out his top prospects U23 list.

Again, I don't agree with his rankings, but I do appreciate his work. I just see it as an entertainment piece to get us to the next NHL season so we can all have enjoy bitching and complaining. And there's a lot to bitch and complain about this list. ha!

Here's the updated chart comparing pools of Anaheim (#3), SJ (#2), and Chicago (#1). I only went seven deep for the comparison.

View attachment 904826

I was right about Chicago being only two-deep in their prospect pool.

Some bitching
1. There is no generational tier anymore; reduced down to Elite. Bedard is just Elite now.
2. Fantilli is ranked #4 and a Tier 1 ranking. How in the hell is Fantilli in Tier 1?!
3. 2024 Yakemchuk (#10) and Silayev (#11) above Wyatt Johnston (#12) and Owen Power (#19)?!
4. Faber is two spots below Mintyukov (#33) and Nemec is ranked #42. I love Minty, but I disagree with this ranking order.
5. Cutter is ranked five spots below Drysdale. Last year, Pronman had them ranked Drysdale at 34 and Cutter at 38. Cutter had a banner season and Drysdale played injured (not a great season).

Cutter and Zell seem way too low. No way we are putting Stolberg ahead of both of those guys and we all love Stolberg. A perfect example is how us Ducks fanatics ranked them on our own poll. We had Cutter #1, for example.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Beckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa Generals (Anaheim Ducks)

Key growth:

Everything

By the numbers, no CHLer improved more than Beckett Sennecke, with his overall impact in 2022-23 going from the 20th percentile to the 99th in 2023-24. It's that growth, along with his well-rounded, versatile game, that led the Anaheim Ducks to make Sennecke the surprise of the draft.

Two seasons ago, Sennecke was a supporting player with occasional flashes of dynamic skill. As his fluidity improved in 2023-24, the dynamic skills that made him a top OHL prospect skyrocketed in frequency, and suddenly he had the skill level to confidently project as a top-six forward. When most prospects undergo this transformation, they lose some of the supporting and more efficient elements of their game. Sennecke instead became an even better puck thief, stronger down-low creator, and dangerous off-puck scorer.

This was not only the largest growth in the data set this year but also the largest going back many years.

Nico Myatovic, W, Seattle Thunderbirds (Anaheim Ducks)

Key growth:
Rush creation, playmaking inside inside space, physical skills

Opportunity doesn't necessarily mean a significant change in minutes; it can also be a change in role and puck touches. Nico Myatovic might be the best example, as he thrived in a play-driving role for the rebuilding Thunderbirds.

The growth starts with a significant uptick in controlled entries, with Myatovic attacking opponents at angles and working give-and-goes more often. That led to more offensive zone time, where Myatovic showcased his knack for getting open inside space along an improved down-low playmaking game. He also became stronger on the puck and better at winning battles with early contact, key developments for his NHL projection.

For the second straight season, the Anaheim Ducks have the most big improvers in the CHL, with eight players posting improved tracking data this season.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Cutter Gauthier, C, Boston College (Anaheim Ducks)

There aren't many prospects who fit as many different roles as Cutter Gauthier. Some nights, he's a shooter. In others, he's a power forward or playmaker. Increasingly, he was the ultimate details guy.

Statistically, Gauthier's biggest areas of growth echo that attention to detail. He posted an elite rate of off-puck assists, which measures a player's ability to create space for their teammates without the puck. Defensively, he was among the top forwards in breakups, slot pass interceptions, and slot protection. With the puck, he worked more pucks to the middle of the rink, completed more give-and-goes, and saw a significant leap in playmaking metrics compared to previous seasons.

The next steps for Gauthier's development will be upping the pace and physicality – two things he shouldn't have much difficulty doing in the NHL.

Austin Burnevik, LW, Madison Capitols (Anaheim Ducks)

With so much talent on one roster, there are always skilled players who don't get a role to match with the USNTDP. Austin Burnevik was one of those players. He played a depth role; his impact limited to just a few flashes per game. But, like Hendrickson, he went back to the USHL to play in a top role. There, he scored 40 goals and 31 assists in 61 games, showcasing a rare dual-threat skill set in the process. He's a scoring threat from range, uses the threat of the pass to shoot, and connected with some of the best passes in the entire league last season. A lot of his best work comes high off the rush, where he cuts back just after gaining the zone to use the back layers of the rush. If Burnevik's skating keeps improving, he could become a top scorer with St. Cloud State.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad