Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Baring a flu epidemic in the locker room. If this piss poor effort continues.. PV might make a trade for the sale of a shake up.. he is not firing Cronin this soon because that's would look bad on him.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Baring a flu epidemic in the locker room. If this piss poor effort continues.. PV might make a trade for the sale of a shake up.. he is not firing Cronin this soon because that's would look bad on him.
too bad we have owners that don't really care about how well the franchise is doing and is probably fine with them being bad since it means they're cheap.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
too bad we have owners that don't really care about how well the franchise is doing and is probably fine with them being bad since it means they're cheap.
I refuse to believe Samuelies would be ok with a piss poor team for so long. Something has to give.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I refuse to believe Samuelies would be ok with a piss poor team for so long. Something has to give.

First and foremost, I'll always be grateful to have the Samueli's as our owners. They bought the Ducks to keep them in Anaheim than to relocate them like the Arizona NHL franchise moved to Utah. Also, they literally dragged the AHL out west. On top of that, they began restoring ice rinks, helping to create high school ice hockey programs, and constructed Great Park ice/Five Point arena skating rinks/Ducks practice facility. To cement the Ducks will always stay in Anaheim, the Ducks are the centerpiece to the OCvibe entertainment district construction.

The Samueli's leave hockey ops to hockey people. Verbeek was the GM chosen by committee. When Verbeek went Verbeekening, he had to inform the Samueli's that he reset the rebuild and rebuilds take at least five years. Their fates are intertwined for the proposed five years. We are staring year 3 of the Verbeek reset rebuild. To me, it's another developmental season. The only way up is through our youths. Gonna need a longer burn on Cronin for this season as we added another two more rookies on a full-time basis with LW Cutter and RD Luneau. If Cronin does get canned during this season or after this season by Verbeek, then it's a terrible look to be on your third head coach in three or four years as GM.

Tack on that the San Diego Gulls have been abysmal for the past few years and have started out middling too is also not a great reflection upon Verbeek.

Cronin and San Diego are symptoms of the underlying problem... GM Verbeek. Will the Samueli's wait out the proposed 5-year rebuild timeline with Verbeek? No idea. If "the committee" chirps to the Samueli's, then it could be possible that the Samueli's are looking for a new GM sooner. Would Teemu, Nieds, or Kariya have the gravitas to do so?

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
For this team the lack of effort is the coach’s/organization’s fault. It is only game 5.

No one will ever convince me that the organization built an entire team of players that lack motivation, especially the youth. Have we really missed on so many players?

I remember when AZ had a roster of young players Domi, Duclair, Dvorak, Strome, Chychrun, Keller. Tippett and Touccet drove them all away, except Keller. The organization was also such a cancer.

Anyone thinking that blaming the kids will help needs to realize that we either missed on almost all of our picks or the organization will drive them away. Either way buckle up because it is going to be a longer bumpy ride back.

None of those young AZ players that left lived up to their potential. Will never know the root cause, maybe it is just a microcosm of a much bigger problem.

John

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I questioned this hire in the beginning, and been having no faith for a long while now.

We unfortunately hired someone who is worse than Eakins - and I hate thinking about that. We will be stuck in mediocrity with Cronin behind the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad