Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Short of self imploding like Bob did, Cronin won't be fired until his contract expires, and conveniently for the Ducks, that time frame has never been made public.

The issue isn't how many points can we salvage out of a crappy game, it's whether or not the team looks and plays more cohesively and whether all these talented you players start showing real improvement and not just flashes of brilliance here and there. It's early in the season but there's nothing yet that makes this team look like an improvement over last year. Regardless of game results, this team needs to look a lot better than it has. The sooner, the better.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
With a team this young, I don’t see the exuberance that I would expect, especially on the bench. They just don’t look like they have any enjoyment.

There is a fine line between accountability and encouragement.

I also think accountability goes both ways. Players want to be successful and if they have no confidence in the coach, it is tough to execute on the ice.

All professional sports have changed since the time when players were captives of the teams that owned them, so to speak. When they are doing something they think is stupid it is tough to blindly follow it.

No different than a job and a boss. There was a time when a stupid manager would tell employees to do something and they would just do it. People are now more inclined to consider how constantly doing something stupid will affect them and their career. If a better opportunity opens up, they’re gone. At the very least they have already tuned out the boss.

John

Edit Added: The Ducks are 2-1-1 after 4 games, which is a good start. But they sure don’t act like it.
I don't know what you're seeing, but I would say the exact opposite. They seem excited to play, and while I certainly have significant questions about coaching strategy, I think the players seem more upbeat than they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad