Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
You need to tell me where your crystal ball supplier is located.

Nah, just like all the other posters writing off this management for previous regimes mistakes, they read the leaked "Oilers Handbook: Things All Management Must Do to Continue Pissing Off Fans"

Reactions: North

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Askarov was never available with an Oilers pick.

He went 11 the year the Oilers took Holloway at 14.
They could have traded them Savoie. Sharks traded essentially a 2nd round prospect a late first (Vegas) and a 24 year old goalie prospect who was playing in the ECHL last year they certainly could have offered a similar package. FYI I wasnt talking about drafting him I was talking about trading for him when it came out he put in a trade request and said he wouldnt report to the AHL.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
We still all know you're a CP poster man.
gang gang gang gang
gun-clint-eastwood.gif

You don't have any aspirations for the Oilers to win, that's a given I figured out a long time ago.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
They could have traded them Savoie. Sharks traded essentially a 2nd round prospect a late first (Vegas) and a 24 year old goalie prospect who was playing in the ECHL last year they certainly could have offered a similar package. FYI I wasnt talking about drafting him I was talking about trading for him when it came out he put in a trade request and said he wouldnt report to the AHL.
I wouldn’t have done it. The forward prospect is always more of a sure thing.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Michael Kesselring. Why did the Oilers botch this one too? Weren't all signs pointing to him being at minimum an NHL player? We got a handful of games from Bjugstad and ine playoff goal? MK is now 24, RHD, 20+ minutes, 6-5, can skate and is signed 1.4M x 2 more seasons. We chose Vinny over this player? Vinny who has no kffensive skill and is 4 years older? If the Oilers had Broberg and Kesselring instead of Emberson and Stetcher, they might win the Cup in 20 playoff games or less.

The Oilers talent evaluation under Holland was pretty suspect...maybe even putrid. Saved by UFA signings, Ekholm trade and generational 1st round draft picks.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Michael Kesselring. Why did the Oilers botch this one too? Weren't all signs pointing to him being at minimum an NHL player? We got a handful of games from Bjugstad and ine playoff goal? MK is now 24, RHD, 20+ minutes, 6-5, can skate and is signed 1.4M x 2 more seasons. We chose Vinny over this player? Vinny who has no kffensive skill and is 4 years older? If the Oilers had Broberg and Kesselring instead of Emberson and Stetcher, they might win the Cup in 20 playoff games or less.

The Oilers talent evaluation under Holland was pretty suspect...maybe even putrid. Saved by UFA signings, Ekholm trade and generational 1st round draft picks.
Kesselring looked like a player. A lot of people were surprised he was shipped out in the deal.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Pens go no unless we are adding more. Jarry is signed until 2028 @ 5.375 after this one and Nurse for 5 @ 9.25.

On the main board some suggested Jarry @5.375 fand Ryan Graves @4.5 until 2029 for Nurse and a 2nd.
If you read it it makes sense and works, if you just see Jarry and Nurse, then your confusion make sense.

Also the rest of you read Nurse going the other way right?

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That one never made sense to me. He showed well at a bunch of camps, was doing really well in the AHL and looked like he was ready for a call-up.

That's not the type of prospect you add into a deal as a throw-in. That should have been some U20 prospect in junior or a guy struggling in the AHL.
They added Kesselring, as a thrown in, on top of a 3rd round pick which should have been close enough to land a bottom 6 center rental. I will never understand that trade vocally hated it at the time, Holland loved throwing away prospects and picks.
Sadly, this regime seems to be not much better in that regard thus far although I don't completely blame them for losing Broberg and Holloway but it still stings nonetheless.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
You already used that one on the other account, David Hasselhoff. Keep track.

And we are still out a first pairing defenseman for sweet dick all if you failed to notice, herr.

You guys, just f***ing stop it already.
lol
Another account eh lol
Your losing your mind maybe it’s time you stop

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
They added Kesselring, as a thrown in, on top of a 3rd round pick which should have been close enough to land a bottom 6 center rental. I will never understand that trade vocally hated it at the time, Holland loved throwing away prospects and picks.
Sadly, this regime seems to be not much better in that regard thus far although I don't completely blame them for losing Broberg and Holloway but it still stings nonetheless.
That was such a dumb trade. A 3rd for Bjugstad was more than enough. That piece was a seed that Holland planted in case he wants a job in Utah

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
So today we're just going to whine about past moves or non-moves, sounds good. lolol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
honestly feels like every single move this org made in the summer is backfiring.
Skinner- Good move he is working hard.
Arvidsson- Much worse than he even was last year
Emberson- Not an NHL player
Dermott- Awful
J Brown- Lol
Henrique- Fine
Savoie- Could be fine, still way too early to tell.
Foegele Out- Good
Holloway- Could use him
Broberg- I can’t even shit on him right now.

What’s funny is if you don’t sign J Brown and Arvidsson you could have kept Broberg and Holloway and have probably had a better team. And I still don’t think Broberg is all that good but he is better than Brown, Dermott and our AHL guys.

What’s funny is if we replace Arvidsson with Holloway we probably have a better lineup. Arvidsson has been next to useless.
Maybe give it more than 6 games before making sweeping statements?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad