2024/25 Champions/Europa/Conference League Qualifying Rounds

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Such as the one that led them to a title without a loss and a long European run?
There are a lot of reasons for those things that aren't anything to do with Gerrard's coaching ability.

Still, he'd be terrible and their fans would be even more raging than they always are, so I'm all for it.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
By the way, Sparta Praga supporters with some disgusting racist chants, but as they're directed towards Romanians you'll probably not read about them anywhere else but here.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
By the way, Sparta Praga supporters with some disgusting racist chants, but as they're directed towards Romanians you'll probably not read about them anywhere else but here.
about Romani people?

you are cheering on malmö to win against them i assume.:thumbu:

Reactions: luiginb

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

You're right, I didn't hear about it, though I guess for the Czech media, Sparta fans being racist is not exactly news

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
You're right, I didn't hear about it, though I guess for the Czech media, Sparta fans being racist is not exactly news
And it doesn't take me knowing Czech to know what "cikani" means, especially when they chant it more than they did "Sparta"

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
And it doesn't take me knowing Czech to know what "cikani" means, especially when they chant it more than they did "Sparta"

People even chant that at hockey games at an opposing player if they think he's made a bad foul. Most people don't even think of that as racism, especially people in the sports world :(

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Racists vs Pedophiles. Nice matchup.
;

Hebephilia​

But yes, how Malmö management handled miiko albornoz and Kingsley Sarfo was disgusting.

Btw, all 4 swedish teams making group stage would be cool. Looks as there is a decent chance for that.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What happened? I'm not going to say what my "Malmo scandal" google search unearthed cause I'll get banned again 😁

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What happened? I'm not going to say what my "Malmo scandal" google search unearthed cause I'll get banned again 😁
miiko albornoz and Kingsley Sarfo had sex with 14 year old girls.
Malmö management knew it and still let Mikko and Sarfo play games for the team. Disgusting.

• Wow

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
CL Playoffs
Young Boys (SUI) vs. Galatasaray (TUR)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) vs. Qarabag (AZE)
FC Mitdjylland (DEN) vs. Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Bodo/Glimt (NOR) vs. Red Star Belgrade (SRB)
Malmo (SWE) vs. Sparta Prague (CZE)
Lille (FRA) vs. Slavia Prague (CZE)
Dynamo Kiev (UKR) vs. Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)

Slovan Bratislava looking to enter the CL for the first time in their history

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have lived that in my job.
Semi final of the french national championship.
We lost in pens after more than two rounds.
Our pupils were still crying on the pitch when they were asked to play for 3rd place (it's usually one game in the morning and one in the afternoon but it lasted way too long).

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Third round of the EL and Conference league qualifiers complete

Europa League
The biggest story was the crazy penalty kick shootout between Ajax and Panathinaikos, Panathinaikos actually won the game in Amsterdam which forced ET and PKs, the penalty shootout went 17 rounds with Ajax winning 13:12
The other notable results was Borac Banja Luka beating Klaksvik, meaning for the 2nd season in a row Bosnia will have a club in a group competition of Europe, after going forever without one, Borac was a team that was playing in the 2nd tier fairly recently too. Ireland will also have a club in European group stage football (Shamrock Rovers)

Playoff draw (winners qualify for the EL; losers drop to the Conference League group stage)
Dinamo Minsk (BLR) vs. Anderlecht (BEL)
Jagiellonia Bialystok (POL) vs. Ajax (NED)
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) vs. Petroclub (MDA)
Lugano (SUI) vs. Besiktas (TUR)
LASK Linz (AUT) vs. Steaua Bucharest (ROU)
RFS (LVA) vs. APOEL (CYP)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR) vs. Backa Topola (SRB)
PAOK (GRE) vs. Shamrock Rovers (IRL)
Ferencvaros (HUN) vs. Borac Banja Luka (BIH)
Molde (NOR) vs. Elfsborg (SWE)
Braga (POR) vs. Rapid Wien (AUT)
Viktoria Plzen (CZE) vs. Hearts (SCO)

Conference League
Some crazy games today, by far the biggest upset was Armenian side Noah holding on to a 3:1 first leg lead away to AEK Athens, they lost 1:0 but it was enough to advance and they have a favorable draw in the playoffs
Crazy game in Wroclaw, a game which had 25 minutes of injury time where St. Gallen scored a 108th minute winner. Slask Wroclaw also ended the match with 8 men!
Not quite the Ajax shooutout but Wisla Krakow beat Spartak Trnava on penalty kicks in the 14th round
FC Copenhagen who made the CL knockouts last season needed penalty kicks to beat Banik Ostrava

Playoff draw (only winners advance to the group stage), this is where the teams from the top five leagues enter as well:
Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) vs. Larne (NIR)
Pyunik Yerevan (ARM) vs. Celje (SVN)
Vikingur Reykjavik (ISL) vs. Santa Coloma (AND)
Panevezys (LTU) vs. The New Saints (WAL)
KI (FAR) vs. HJK Helsinki (FIN)
Omonia Nicosia (CYP) vs. Zira (AZE)
St. Gallen (SUI) vs. Trabzonspor (TUR)
Lens (FRA) vs. Panathinaikos (GRE)
Hacken (SWE) vs. Heidenheim (GER)
FC Copenhagen (DEN) vs. Kilmarnock (SCO)
Vitoria Guimaraes (POR) vs. Zrinjski Mostar (BIH)
Brann (NOR) vs. Astana (KAZ)
Legia Warsaw (POL) vs. Drita (KOS)
Rijeka (CRO) vs. Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)
Fiorentina (ITA) vs. Puskas Academia (HUN)
Djurgardens (SWE) vs. Maribor (SVN)
Wisla Krakow (POL) vs. Cercle Brugge (BEL)
Mlada Boleslav (HUN) vs. Paks (HUN)
St. Patrick's Athletic (IRL) vs. Istanbul BB (TUR)
Chelsea (ENG) vs. Servette (SUI)
CFR Cluj (ROU) vs. Pafos (CYP)
Partizan Belgrade (SRB) vs. Gent (BEL)
Kryvbas (UKR) vs. Real Betis (ESP)
Noah (ARM) vs Ruzomberok (SVK)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Brobbey, Baas and another guy all had chances to win it earlier for Ajax with their PKs, but all of them failed. Brobbey even failed with his 2nd chance to win the match, shooting way over. That was just terrible for a goal scoring striker.

Ajax finally won it with their 5th "matchball".

Servette has "always" been my favourite Swiss club (well, since Rummenigge went there to finish his career), so it'll be nice to see them against Chelsea.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
First CL playoff results
Bodo/Glimt - Red Star 2:1
Dinamo - Qarabag 3:0
Lille - Slavia Prague 2:0

Can't comment on the other games but the scoreline flatters Dinamo a bit, they scored two goals late and Qarabag created some good chances but failed to finish. Dinamo obviously heavy favorites but they tend to create some drama even after winning the first leg big, only question is if Qarabag can keep a clean sheet but they look like they can score enough goals to make it interesting

In the Conference League, FC Noah who already eliminated AEK Athens is one foot into the group stage; this is a team before this season who only won one qualifying match in their history

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
First CL playoff results
Bodo/Glimt - Red Star 2:1
Dinamo - Qarabag 3:0
Lille - Slavia Prague 2:0

Can't comment on the other games but the scoreline flatters Dinamo a bit, they scored two goals late and Qarabag created some good chances but failed to finish. Dinamo obviously heavy favorites but they tend to create some drama even after winning the first leg big, only question is if Qarabag can keep a clean sheet but they look like they can score enough goals to make it interesting

In the Conference League, FC Noah who already eliminated AEK Athens is one foot into the group stage; this is a team before this season who only won one qualifying match in their history
Boød/Glimt dominated against Red Star in the first 60 minutes and were 2-0 up and 70% possesion at that time. Red star made some changes and took over the last part of the game and scored an important away goal making it 2-1. Gonna be an exciting game in Beograd next week, with a packed stadium and Red Star "smelling blood" with the 2-1 goal late in the away game giving them a lifeline.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Boød/Glimt dominated against Red Star in the first 60 minutes and were 2-0 up and 70% possesion at that time. Red star made some changes and took over the last part of the game and scored an important away goal making it 2-1. Gonna be an exciting game in Beograd next week, with a packed stadium and Red Star "smelling blood" with the 2-1 goal late in the away game giving them a lifeline.

Away goals doesn’t count anymore though. But yeah that could be decisive. 2-0 would have been way better for Bodö. I think they will pull through though. Norways best team by a countrymile these days when Rosenborg are in shambles and Molde ain’t that good either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad