Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
It has probably been asked before on this thread but not going to read 44 pages, so, what is Hage NHL projection?

I read Sam Bennett?

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
Having Hutson, Demidov, Hage, Dach and Suzuki as players who can f***ing carry a puck in the zone and make a play.. what a future dynamic.
Add possibly a 1C in this years draft and a forward with size and grit with CGY's pick if were lucky right out of the top 10 would be amazing. Then Hughes has to acquire a 2nd and 3rd pair RD when Gallagher and Andersons contracts are out and were good to go if Fowler becomes our 1st G

The top 6 will be stacked and decisions will be made in 2 years

It has probably been asked before on this thread but not going to read 44 pages, so, what is Hage NHL projection?

I read Sam Bennett?
a whole lot more talented than Bennett. Bennett is a unique 3rd line grinder that every team needs in playoffs, Hage could be a PPG center with his speed and shot and iq

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
New Jersey did great picking Adam Larson, the big RH defenseman, over Nikita Kucherov.

They’d do it again tomorrow!
That such a bad comparison.... Kucherov has drafted in the second round vs Adam Larsson(#4) in the top 5....

Tampa bay also drafted in the first round pick in 2011 Vladislav(#27) before Kucherov......

Reactions: tazsub3 and dgeezus

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Exactly . In previous years we would have gotten the comments that such player was gone when we drafting .
While we draft Duds with such and later picks
I believe MB only traded down or exchanged 7th round picks. He got lucky with Caufield. Of course while Hughes has targeted the right players he also has been lucky that Demidov, Hage and Hutson went lower than they should have.

Reactions: tazsub3

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I believe MB only traded down or exchanged 7th round picks.
He traded down a couple of times which rarely makes sense to me. I think one time he gave a end of 2nd round pick for a beginning of 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick and the narrative was that the player we wanted at the end of the 2nd round would still be available at the beginning of the 3rd round and i was like yeeeaahhh riiiighttt but what if he's not available can you travel to the future to be sure? For me a 4th was not worth the gamble. 4th round picks very rarely becomes NHLers and the value in a trade at the deadline is minimal.

Of course while Hughes has targeted the right players he also has been lucky that Demidov, Hage and Hutson went lower than they should have.

You could make a case that every good picks but the top 5 maybe went lower than they should have. Can be said or Patrice Bergerton, David Pasternak, David Krejci, Nikita Kucherov, Ondrej Palat, Point, Hintz, Robertson, almost every goddamn picks by Carolina. Almost always happen to the same good people. A bit of chance yeah but still got to draft the right guy. When every teams pass on the guy it's a fallacy to believe it was an obvious pick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad