Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I know it's early but does he turn pro after one year or should he play two seasons at Michigan? I think two would be best.

I’d like to see him get stronger, I think he’d be better served by two and ideally Michigan is just a better team next year and they can go on a run

Reactions: Whalers Fan

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I know it's early but does he turn pro after one year or should he play two seasons at Michigan? I think two would be best.
If his production keeps up, I'm pretty sure they will sign him, unless Hage wants to stay there another season.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I wouldn't mind him spending two full seasons in the NCAA.....But obviously it depends on the situation and how he progresses over the course of the season. He needs to get stronger but that can also be done during the summer. I mean we're not talking about a twig here, the kid is already 6 foot 1 and 190 pounds so he clearly already has a decent weight to work with.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
If his production keeps up, I'm pretty sure they will sign him, unless Hage wants to stay there another season.
The vast majority of 1st round picks (outside the top couple of picks) that go the NCAA route stay for at least two years. While anything is possible, it would be highly unusual for a player like Hage to be "one and done".

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The vast majority of 1st round picks (outside the top couple of picks) that go the NCAA route stay for at least two years. While anything is possible, it would be highly unusual for a player like Hage to be "one and done".
The good thing is that everything is on the table at the moment. If he forces our hands because he is that ready, then he will turn pro, otherwise, another NCAA season will be just fine for everyone involved.

Unless his development continues on a steep upwards trajectory, I would prefer another (and maybe a third if necessary) NCAA season to make him turn pro when he is ready to play a role rather than just be in the mix and have some struggles that could affect his confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad