Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I know it's early but does he turn pro after one year or should he play two seasons at Michigan? I think two would be best.
If his production keeps up, I'm pretty sure they will sign him, unless Hage wants to stay there another season.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I wouldn't mind him spending two full seasons in the NCAA.....But obviously it depends on the situation and how he progresses over the course of the season. He needs to get stronger but that can also be done during the summer. I mean we're not talking about a twig here, the kid is already 6 foot 1 and 190 pounds so he clearly already has a decent weight to work with.

Reactions: montreal

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The vast majority of 1st round picks (outside the top couple of picks) that go the NCAA route stay for at least two years. While anything is possible, it would be highly unusual for a player like Hage to be "one and done".
The good thing is that everything is on the table at the moment. If he forces our hands because he is that ready, then he will turn pro, otherwise, another NCAA season will be just fine for everyone involved.

Unless his development continues on a steep upwards trajectory, I would prefer another (and maybe a third if necessary) NCAA season to make him turn pro when he is ready to play a role rather than just be in the mix and have some struggles that could affect his confidence.

Reactions: montreal

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He missed a large part of his D-1 season, so spending two years in the NCAA could be the smart approach, especially since he's already getting top center minutes and he's in one of the best programs. Have him go the Caufield route and bring him over to the pros at the end of his sophomore year for a few games in Laval.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
to be fair, that was an absolutely wide open net lmao but still. I'm super excited for him and to be moved up to the #1 center spot as a freshman is wild
Scoring in open net isn't the point. The sniper. The hard shot. But mostly recognizing who to pass to and being open to get it back knowing it will open up. IQ to the roof.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The vast majority of 1st round picks (outside the top couple of picks) that go the NCAA route stay for at least two years. While anything is possible, it would be highly unusual for a player like Hage to be "one and done".
The wast majority of 1st round picks that go to the NCAA don't produce above PPG in their first season on a crap team like Hage is currently doing. He's not undersized, has great skating, passing and vision.

He shouldn't have been available at 21 with the end of season he had in his D0.

Beside, if he gets signed, he doesn't have to be in the NHL, he's not a CHL player, he can play in the AHL at 19.

Reactions: Redux91

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Kyrou and Eichel light are the two I keep hearing. Either way we are better with a player like that
True, considering our team won’t depend on him as a first line player. Our offense is looking very good, which I find so ironic since we spent a ton of draft capital on D.

Goes to show you how hard, near impossible, to build a whole D from the draft. UFA’s and trades play a huge part of building a cohesive d squad, with different age groups and different more complimentary styles of play.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Scoring in open net isn't the point. The sniper. The hard shot. But mostly recognizing who to pass to and being open to get it back knowing it will open up. IQ to the roof.
*thats* what I was gonna reply as well
The net was so wide open *because* of the heads up play by Hage to set up the pass back to him for the sure-fire goal

Kids gonna be special
Already is

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Jesus, Hage and Demidov on the same team will be exciting.

Oh yes, I'm very hype to see both coming with Habs!!

I think everyone will forget and stop talking about Michkov when Hage and Demidov will be in the same team. I don't said that Hage is a equally talent, very different players, but he will be a solid offensive top 6 player for Habs.

I already imagine Hage with a player like Caufield on the second line, that will be very productive. They complete each other perfectly!!

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002
Oh yes, I'm very hype to see both coming with Habs!!

I think everyone will forget and stop talking about Michkov when Hage and Demidov will be in the same team.
I won't. I'm the gift that keeps on giving.

People didn't forget about missing out on Pavel Bure or Datsyuk because they got Alex Tanguay or Bobby Holik lol. You just accept it, shake you head , kick yourself in the nuts and whine for years like I do.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I won't. I'm the gift that keeps on giving.

People didn't forget about missing out on Pavel Bure or Datsyuk because they got Alex Tanguay or Bobby Holik lol. You just accept it, shake you head , kick yourself in the nuts and whine for years like I do.
You comparing Demidov and Hage to Holik and Tanguay?

Reactions: SlafySZN

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002
You comparing Demidov and Hage to Holik and Tanguay?
No Demidov is out of the equation, we didn't skip on Michkov to draft him lol. I think he's going to be better than Michkov, but lets be honest we all never thought there was a chance we were landing him at 5.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
No Demidov is out of the equation, we didn't skip on Michkov to draft him lol. I think he's going to be better than Michkov, but lets be honest we all never thought there was a chance we were landing him at 5.

It's actually reassuring to know Hughes is not only good at his job, but he's also lucky. He was lucky with both Demidov and Hage, and to me, that bodes well for the future. You want a GM who is also lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad