Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think Demidov's game breaking potential is much higher than Slaf's. In the same draft year, Demidov >>> Slaf.

As far as Have vs Hutson, hard to compare, they're are completely different players at completely different players.

I think Demidov+ Hage had higher potential for the Habs because we're so starved for offense. But it's close.

However your comparison is unfair. Slaf + Mesar vs Demidov + Hage?
Actually it was Slaf+Dach+Mesar :)

Too much raw skill and potential to pass on. Our USHL scout is going to save us (Hutson, Fowler, Hage).
Looks like Timmons was the problem, seems we hitting home runs with all our top picks, like LA and St-Louis, I was always jealous of these guys digging up great talent at every draft.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
What do you couch nerds think a comparable is in the NHL today? Don't come at me with 'OMG HE"S Da Next Draisaitle fer Sure!'

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Actually it was Slaf+Dach+Mesar :)

Looks like Timmons was the problem, seems we hitting home runs with all our top picks, like LA and St-Louis, I was always jealous of these guys digging up great talent at every draft.

Not sure about that. Mesar could be a bust and Reinbacher, we’ll see. I think it’s specifically our USHL scout who’s good.

Reactions: jaffy27

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Too much raw skill and potential to pass on. Our USHL scout is going to save us (Hutson, Fowler, Hage).
All three of these players were well known before the USHL.

Both Hutson and Fowler with the USNDTP and Hage was a GTHL phenom.

Not sure about that. Mesar could be a bust and Reinbacher, we’ll see. I think it’s specifically our USHL scout who’s good.

That is a ridiculous take

Reactions: Apfel Struble

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
All three of these players were well known before the USHL.

Both Hutson and Fowler with the USNDTP and Hage was a GTHL phenom.
Fowler didn't play for the US NTDP (he played for Youngstown of the USHL), while Hutson played only for the NTDP - - he never played for a USHL franchise. He instead went from the NTDP to the NCAA.

FYI, the US NTDP is a separate entity from the USHL. The program's two teams just compete in the league - - the U17 team plays most of its schedule against USHL teams, while the U18 team plays about half against them and half against NCAA opponents. Both squads also compete in international tournaments. The combined win/loss records of the two squads against USHL opponents only is reflected as "Team USA" in the USHL standings.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I have a strong feeling that the Leafs were high on him considering he was a local star prospect and that they traded down once they saw the Habs nab him

In hindsight the Habs were quite lucky to have him there. I thought he’d be gone right after Luchanko whom I also love
I always said the smarter you work the luckier you get .
Them trading up allowed them to get lucky . Otherwise we not in the conversation , as I am sure the same trade would not be available if it was proposed by the Habs after the 20th pick

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I have a strong feeling that the Leafs were high on him considering he was a local star prospect and that they traded down once they saw the Habs nab him

In hindsight the Habs were quite lucky to have him there. I thought he’d be gone right after Luchanko whom I also love
Hage and Luchanko were the two players that I was hoping for with that pick as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad