Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Have you seen anything from him yet?

He isn’t anything special, heck, he’s rated like their 20th top prospect. The guy will be gone in a couple of years when his entry level contract is up.
As I have noted previously, there is nothing more certain in hockey than the uncertainty of the rate of development of most prospects. It's an infuriating and frustrating process. I have dealt with this exercise process for over a decade in the sport organization I currently direct.

For what's it worth, and with no skin in the game, I came away more impressed with Mesar's development than I had before. He's gotten faster, stronger and more involved. The offensive skills/vision that persuaded Hughes to draft Mesar in the first round are starting to emerge. His 4 points in the first 2 games were not soft points, but resultant from Mesar's increased positive involvement in the play. That positivity was also reflected in the coaching staff's decision to place Mesar on Laval's first power play unit.

So, in answer to your query as to whether I have 'seen anything from him yet?' I would say, yes. Will Mesar be able to maintain this high level of production? Who knows? But at least it's a promising start. Far better than having to write that he was invisible.

But back to Hage. Now that is a completely different discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad