Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Just a special player. Though...again...his goals are the work of him....alone. Michigan has just average players this year. What he's doing right now is even more impressive.

It feels like he's on a mission, much more goal scoring driven than I expected. He put the team on his shoulders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91 and Sagikev

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It feels like he's on a mission, much more goal scoring driven that I expected. He took the team on his shoulders.

I would not be the least bit surprised if he turns pro next season. It’s early, but the way he’s playing thus far indicates it’s a possibility. Time will tell if that’s the right thing for his development.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would not be the least bit surprised if he turns pro next season. It’s early, but the way he’s playing thus far indicates it’s a possibility. Time will tell if that’s the right thing for his development.

If he continues this pace - I think he might transition to the AHL next year.

That's a big if, but like think about the points that Leonard and Smith put up last year, but they were playing together with Perrault.

Hage is doing this with a very weak supporting cast, his best winger is Moldenhauer which is a mid round pick by the Leafs.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Would be difficult to do with Demidov AND Hage looking for offensive minutes in a stacked top 6, especially with Laine having a year left on the deal.

I say leave him in the NCAA next season, let him grow his offensive game, another shot at the U20 (my guess is he gets an invite this Dec)

Next year we can focus on Demidov, 26-27 will be Hage’s time.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Would be difficult to do with Demidov AND Hage looking for offensive minutes in a stacked top 6, especially with Laine having a year left on the deal.

I say leave him in the NCAA next season, let him grow his offensive game, another shot at the U20 (my guess is he gets an invite this Dec)

Next year we can focus on Demidov, 26-27 will be Hage’s time.

It’s too early to make a decision one way or the other, but the AHL may be a good option for Hage next season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's a long season so we'll see how it goes, Hage needs to work on getting stronger, adding mass and his defensive game needs some work as well as more consistent effort.

The skating/speed combo though is just plus plus, as he clearly has NHL level skating and speed, his vision and playmaking to go along with his shot and the confidence to pull off these moves, you have the makings of a high end prospect.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The jump from NCAA to NHL top 6 is quite drastic, don't see an issue with him being on the 3rd line with PP time. That being said, it's more likely that he needs another year and AHL would also be a good place.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Its scary lol.

What a 1st round,
Will easily trump 2007
I’d say so. McDo was probably the best of the lot.

Patches is a tough one. In a way he surpassed expectations by being one of the best goal scorers in the league in his prime but still kind of underwhelmed compared to how he looked pre-Chara incident. And he was playoff doo doo.

PK was great but didn’t quite have the career he could’ve. Whether it was injuries or him just not caring near the end.

Demi and Hage have enormous potential. It’s crazy how good Demidov is and somehow Hage isn’t that far behind

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Alot still up in the air but which haul so far looks to have the higher potential,

2022 with Slaf and Hutson or 2024 with Demidov and Hage? What say you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad