GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From Taylor… btw DK says the same…
I'm still leaning toward Rutger McGroarty starting the season in Wilkes-Barre. Let him get top-line minutes there, top power play, top PK, and if he handles it fine then recall him ASAP. It's probably what's ideal long-term. Not the end of the world if he doesn't go from college hockey straight to the NHL. Most mid-first round picks don't.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
From Taylor… btw DK says the same…
I'm still leaning toward Rutger McGroarty starting the season in Wilkes-Barre. Let him get top-line minutes there, top power play, top PK, and if he handles it fine then recall him ASAP. It's probably what's ideal long-term. Not the end of the world if he doesn't go from college hockey straight to the NHL. Most mid-first round picks don't.

It’s a joke if Beau starts off McG this season.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Canes fan coming in peace. Just curious to hear how Ponomarev & Koivunen have looked in Pens camp?
I thought both fared very well is the prospects tournament. As the competition level increased in the main camp and preseason, their play fell off a bit. Pono got hurt and Koivunen just got sent down today.

Brunicke (the guy we selected with the 2nd round pick you gave us in the Jake trade) has probably been the story of camp.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
Don’t see where Beauvillier even fits. He’s too structured to play with Sid and Geno. The way he plays is basically from muscle memory at this point. I bet Sully loves him but he isn’t going to work with those 2.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don’t see where Beauvillier even fits. He’s too structured to play with Sid and Geno. The way he plays is basically from muscle memory at this point. I bet Sully loves him but he isn’t going to work with those 2.

He's a Tyler Kennedy type of speedster that brings speed to the bottom-6. I don't have any issues with him on L4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad