GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Sid overall was low effort today.
I'm not saying Beau should be a lock for L1. The bar isn't really high with whoever we use there. They're interchangeable until one really takes the role and runs with it.
But I do think he's a good fit for this bottom-six, at minimum. I'd like to see him get like 20 games to see what he can do.
The bottom-6 at who's expense though? I'd rather Acciari on the wing, he's not playing better than Hayes in his role, and he's not a center.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tonight? Hell, if that's the case they are either lying or I just didn't see it. Any is possible with me pushing 40.

Seriously though, he just doesn't look like he's doing anything out there at all to help his linemates from the eye test.

Oh no he was invisible tonight, I agree there. He had that one game where he had a big impact but has been pretty irrelevant outside of that.

Reactions: MrBurghundy

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

iu

Reactions: WickedWrister

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The bottom-6 at who's expense though?
Can't give that answer until I see this bottom-six play a bit.
We're probably gonna start the year without Rust and Lizotte. So he's not really pushing out any lock players by being in atm.
Then when those 2 come back, we can look at who's been sucking. There may be more wing injuries to come as well.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
Because Beauvillier has stunk in the preseason.

Hayes has scored. He is a center and PKs.
I take neither and make an early trade tbh. Neither guy is what we need.

If I were coach I would give Glass a look with Sid. He has a knack for intercepting pucks between the boards and the circles in both ends of the ice. Prime Kunitz used to do that.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

If I were coach I would give Glass a look with Sid. He has a knack for intercepting pucks between the boards and the circles in both ends of the ice. Prime Kunitz used to do that.

Yeah I wish they’d use Glass as a top six RW with Malkin with Rust hurt, but ain’t gonna happen.

Hayes has been decent in preseason. I’m interested in seeing him.

Reactions: canadianguy77

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
I don’t think Graves is a legit NHLer anymore. I said it last season and was ridiculed, but I’ve watched 2 of his pre-season games and I’m even more sure now. He just isn’t. There is something very wrong with his decision making.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
McGroarty and Puljujarvi both making the opening night roster could be a lot of fun. If nothing else, there are some interesting players in the mix this year, and they're not all ancient.
Both have earned it. And I said well before the game playing them with Eller should be a good recipe. 10 Points, 4 Goals and each a +4? Noice!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't see a need to make a trade. Worst case scenario is you're arguing over their 12th forward, just call up someone from WBS if you don't like either.

The lines I want to see are:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Eller-Puljujarvi
Beauvillier-Lizotte-Acciari

But I'm also pretty fine with whatever they'd run with in the bottom-6 if they're just rotating in Glass and Hayes in there as well. I'm fine with Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari and Lizotte-Glass-Acciari as well. Or if Acciari is out, I'm fine with Beauvillier or Glass in his spot too.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
I don't see a need to make a trade. Worst case scenario is you're arguing over their 12th forward, just call up someone from WBS if you don't like either.

The lines I want to see are:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Eller-Puljujarvi
Beauvillier-Lizotte-Acciari

But I'm also pretty fine with whatever they'd run with in the bottom-6 if they're just rotating in Glass and Hayes in there as well. I'm fine with Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari and Lizotte-Glass-Acciari as well. Or if Acciari is out, I'm fine with Beauvillier or Glass in his spot too.
I don't think Hayes is good enough to make this team. But yeah. I just want a game or two to see if Glass might work with Sid. I have a hunch he might.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm just shocked at how good Puljujarvi looks. I know he has shown this before in the NHL, he was a really good player for the Oilers that just had issues finishing. But he looks downright dominant with the puck and his skating is up another entire level. He's what I'd call a "possession monster", he's strong enough and skates well enough that he can just hold onto the puck and dictate play.

I don't think he has the hockey IQ to be an effective winger for Crosby but he's the exact kind of play driver you want on your 3rd line. Really happy with how he and McGroarty look as a combo.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don’t understand people anymore. They say that one video clip displayed great leadership. I thought he sounded like a baby.
HFBoards would call Crosby a baby if he did similar. I personally hate being yelled at, puts me in a bad mood. Happens quite a lot in competitive video games too. But also sometimes you need to get yelled at.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I don’t think Graves is a legit NHLer anymore. I said it last season and was ridiculed, but I’ve watched 2 of his pre-season games and I’m even more sure now. He just isn’t. There is something very wrong with his decision making.
He is not good, plain and simple. Let's see if KD can fix that mistake and move him. Because by next season, he will not be movable anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad