GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
So this is probably the lineup, with Rust coming in for Beauvillier and Lizzote for Glass. If McGroarty was going down they would have put him in as the Rust fill in just to get him a look, but it's Beauvillier on the right for the first time all preseason. Puustinen is gone. Glass will stay for C/W flexibility if nothing else. If anything Beauvillier might be the last cut.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Damn Puljujarvi nearly got another one there, off the post. The line already looked good with Hayes at center but it looks even better with Eller as the center.

I also think Hayes has been pretty bad today, so I don't think it's going to take that long for me to want him out of the lineup if he's not playing with McGroarty and Puljujarvi.

So this is probably the lineup, with Rust coming in for Beauvillier and Lizzote for Glass. If McGroarty was going down they would have put him in as the Rust fill in just to get him a look, but it's Beauvillier on the right for the first time all preseason. Puustinen is gone. Glass will stay for C/W flexibility if nothing else. If anything Beauvillier might be the last cut.

The lineup when healthy should be:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Eller-Puljujarvi
Beauvillier-Lizotte-Acciari
Glass-Hayes

Feel free to swap around that L4 based on who's hot (so sub out Acciari/Beauvillier if they start playing poorly) but that top-9 should stay in place for a while, at least until Puljujarvi turns into a pumpkin again.

Reactions: Dominance

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Damn Puljujarvi nearly got another one there, off the post. The line already looked good with Hayes at center but it looks even better with Eller as the center.

I also think Hayes has been pretty bad today, so I don't think it's going to take that long for me to want him out of the lineup if he's not playing with McGroarty and Puljujarvi.

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Glass-Hayes

Feel free to swap around that L4 based on who's hot (so sub out Acciari/Beauvillier if they start playing poorly) but that top-9 should stay in place for a while.

Just say no to Beauvillier.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Glass-Hayes

Feel free to swap around that L4 based on who's hot (so sub out Acciari/Beauvillier if they start playing poorly) but that top-9 should stay in place for a while, at least until Puljujarvi turns into a pumpkin again.
Do they send down one of Glass or Beau to keep Brunicke up for a few games? Or maybe risk Aho? I can't remember what the season opening LTIR rules are but if they have to keep Karlsson out 10 games they won't do it. I could see them keeping 8D so Brunicke can play, but that would mean cutting a forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad