Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
UFA 2027.

So basically with $2.4m retained it would be Grubauer $3.5mx3 years. When I made my post above I thought it was just until 2026, 3 years woul probably be too risky.
Yeah thats what i also think. I have no idea how they are going to fix the goalie mess. I know its early in the season but i fear Georgiev is gonna cost the team again, they have no faith in him

AvsFan4

Jul 18, 2024
People saying Georgiev wasn’t that bad in playoffs, he wasn’t even a top 20 goalie based on GSAR. So we literally couldn’t buy a save during the playoffs. Idk about you, but I’d rather they address the weakest link of this team. Don’t have many kicks at the can left.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
People saying Georgiev wasn’t that bad in playoffs, he wasn’t even a top 20 goalie based on GSAR. So we literally couldn’t buy a save during the playoffs. Idk about you, but I’d rather they address the weakest link of this team. Don’t have many kicks at the can left.
Did those people even watch the playoffs?

Georgiev was awful and a complete liability outside some games, game 6 against Dallas probably being the best showing.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Grubauer $2.4 retained (@$3.5m caphit) for Georgiev.

969cv9.jpg

Reactions: Balthazar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I know this is a popular thought, but really if you look at their Avs' tenures you'll see differences. Grubi was a net positive for the team and wasn't perfect, but never shit the bed to George's level. George is a net negative and falling apart in front of our eyes. Now Grubi in Seattle... he's played pretty bad most of his tenure with only flashes.

IMO Grubi was the definition of purely average starter here. Not a guy that'll win you much, but he doesn't actively hurt the team every night. George is a bottom 5 level starter that actively hurts his team on most nights.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I know this is a popular thought, but really if you look at their Avs' tenures you'll see differences. Grubi was a net positive for the team and wasn't perfect, but never shit the bed to George's level. George is a net negative and falling apart in front of our eyes. Now Grubi in Seattle... he's played pretty bad most of his tenure with only flashes.

IMO Grubi was the definition of purely average starter here. Not a guy that'll win you much, but he doesn't actively hurt the team every night. George is a bottom 5 level starter that actively hurts his team on most nights.

I actually agree with this. I just think acquiring Grubauer now wouldn't give us different results pretty much at all - he was better a few years ago than he is now and our defense was better a few years ago than it is now. He wouldn't most likely be Georgiev level bad, but he would be a horror show also.

Right now, to us, they would be the same picture.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I actually agree with this. I just think acquiring Grubauer now wouldn't give us different results pretty much at all - he was better a few years ago than he is now and our defense was better a few years ago than it is now. He wouldn't most likely be Georgiev level bad, but he would be a horror show also.

Right now, to us, they would be the same picture.
That’s probably fair… but Grubi is certainly playing with an even worse defense than the Avs are today. Avs are in the 5-10 range, Seattle is probably closer to 20. Wouldn’t be unreasonable to believe that Grubi would have better results here than he would in Seattle.

Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
That’s probably fair… but Grubi is certainly playing with an even worse defense than the Avs are today. Avs are in the 5-10 range, Seattle is probably closer to 20. Wouldn’t be unreasonable to believe that Grubi would have better results here than he would in Seattle.

That's also probably a fair assumption. Damn I miss Varly at this moment.

For shits n giggles, it would be entertaining to see Georgiev behind a bottom 10 defense. Would he evolve into Sevengiev?

• Haha
Reactions: henchman21

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He's been as bad, if not worse, since he left the Avs' elite defense

.889, .895, .899 for his 3 seasons with Seattle.
And? In the Avs system he was an decent fit. He wasn’t elite or perfect, but he was an average to at times above average net minder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad