Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nah, Laine doesn't really bring to the table anything the Avs don't already have. They don't need another sniper, they got plenty of those. They need a guy who can win puck battles in all three zones, play capable two-way hockey, and most importantly create traffic in front of the net and score greasy goals off deflections/rebounds. That's what's been missing the most with both Landeskog and Nichushkin out of the lineup Laine doesn't do any of that shit.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Just say no to winger RyJo
Lol, tell me you haven't actually watched Laine play. He's not as bad as his reputation is when it comes to effort and 2-way game. And when healthy he's a PPG forward.

Not a fit for the Avs, but I would rather have Laine than Guentzel and Konecny when it comes to their current value for contracts.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Lol, tell me you haven't actually watched Laine play. He's not as bad as his reputation is when it comes to effort and 2-way game. And when healthy he's a PPG forward.

Not a fit for the Avs, but I would rather have Laine than Guentzel and Konecny when it comes to their current value for contracts.
Laine in the MacKinnon spot on the PP would make it so much more lethal.

Reactions: missionAvs

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
would need Columbus to retain some salary and apparently they dont want a roster player but...

Laine for Nuke would be interesting for the Avs, given that they are in win now mode. dont think they would be able to pull a better trade than this (without considerably weakening the team).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nah, Laine doesn't really bring to the table anything the Avs don't already have. They don't need another sniper, they got plenty of those. They need a guy who can win puck battles in all three zones, play capable two-way hockey, and most importantly create traffic in front of the net and score greasy goals off deflections/rebounds. That's what's been missing the most with both Landeskog and Nichushkin out of the lineup Laine doesn't do any of that shit.
These players are hard to find, I highly doubt we get a new one. Best chance is Nuke staying.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Some folks here want to get rid of Nuke who’s in a PAP, and pick up Laine who’s coming out of a PAP.

Makes perfect sense
Not everyone on the PAP is a careless cocaine addict. See Drouin.

Laine is on a 2 year contract vs 6 years for Nuke.

Reactions: cinchronicity

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Some folks here want to get rid of Nuke who’s in a PAP, and pick up Laine who’s coming out of a PAP.

Makes perfect sense

Why don't we just acquire PAP no?

pierre-alexandre-parenteau-2014-690.jpg

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Not everyone on the PAP is a careless cocaine addict. See Drouin.

Laine is on a 2 year contract vs 6 years for Nuke.
Yeah but still. He’s coming out of PAP and there is always a risk. I rather just keep Val

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah but still. He’s coming out of PAP and there is always a risk. I rather just keep Val
I'd make the swap if CBJ were willing to retain 1M to make the AAV even.

That's not happening anyway, it seems like Columbus just want the money...so only picks, no contract back and no retention. 8M in savings makes the owner happy.

He's going to Carolina or Montreal.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I’m so glad someone finally made this joke. Every time I see PAP as shorthand, he comes to mind before the program.

I've been waiting for that one to manifest for a bit as well and then @the_fan graced me with a post mentioning PAP twice. It was the perfect situation and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to make it happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad