Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I've wondered about this hypothetical base, assuming Nuke is good-to-go and he agrees to waive:

To NYR:
Nuke
Malinski

To COL:
Kakko
Schneider

Not sure it works for the Rags cap-wise but saves us ~1.5M and allows us to trade Girard with another F for an upgrade and/or more cap space.

Probably need to add something else going to the Rags but gives them a big splash they didn't get in the offseason and they have guys to replace Schneider internally. Plus it gives us a Manson replacement.

Might be something that would need to wait until the Trouba situation plays out and maybe impossible because of it, but just a thought.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I've wondered about this hypothetical base, assuming Nuke is good-to-go and he agrees to waive:

To NYR:
Nuke
Malinski

To COL:
Kakko
Schneider

Not sure it works for the Rags cap-wise but saves us ~1.5M and allows us to trade Girard with another F for an upgrade and/or more cap space.

Probably need to add something else going to the Rags but gives them a big splash they didn't get in the offseason and they have guys to replace Schneider internally. Plus it gives us a Manson replacement.

Might be something that would need to wait until the Trouba situation plays out and maybe impossible because of it, but just a thought.

You’re confident Nichushkin would appeal to NYR given his circumstance?

If Kakko is a Nichushkin replacement, it’s worth noting that Nichushkin was on the 3rd line for 1-2 years before he reached the high level player from the past few years. Kakko might take time too. Don’t hate it but other top 6 players need to stay healthy. It might be too soon to expect a lot from Kakko.

I like the idea of adding Schneider assuming the deal is viable.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

To NYR:
Nuke
Malinski

To COL:
Kakko
Schneider

That trade would slam shut our Cup window. As much as I am mad at Nuke, he has to comeback for us to have any chance.

Reactions: lionsDen and bear16

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
That trade would slam shut our Cup window. As much as I am mad at Nuke, he has to comeback for us to have any chance.
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

It's time to let go. This guy will never play again with the Avalanche or should he.

I am saying that as a huge Nuke fan(incredible player), but we are done. You can't trust him.

Reactions: Bensch88

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

To NYR:
Nuke
Malinski

To COL:
Kakko
Schneider

Yeah but Rangers will probably want Drouin in that package.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah but Rangers will probably want Drouin in that package.
That would be hysterical from the perspective that we'd be clearing all the salary we need to resign JD to his final big contract this summer when he hits UFA. We need to pay this man not only a reasonable rate for what he's providing us, but maybe give him an extra 250K to make up for the discounts he's given us so far.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

It's time to let go. This guy will never play again with the Avalanche or should he.

I am saying that as a huge Nuke fan(incredible player), but we are done. You can't trust him.
We can't trust him and the odds that it works are not great, but greater than 0. We have no chance w/o Nuke.

Reactions: Alienblood

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
You’re confident Nichushkin would appeal to NYR given his circumstance?

If Kakko is a Nichushkin replacement, it’s worth noting that Nichushkin was on the 3rd line for 1-2 years before he reached the high level player from the past few years. Kakko might take time too. Don’t hate it but other top 6 players need to stay healthy. It might be too soon to expect a lot from Kakko.

I like the idea of adding Schneider assuming the deal is viable.
I'm not confident about any of it, it's based on assumptions.

But it's just me guessing that Nuke's tenure here is likely over. Russian players like NYR although for someone like Nuke with addiction issues it's maybe not the best landing spot. But you could say that for almost anywhere.

I don't expect Kakko to replace Nuke, but on the Avs I'd expect him to improve on his current production and we usually are good with reclamation projects. I would just see him as a 3rd liner that could spot-fill in the top portion of the lineup if need be.

There's a few ways to look at this.

With Nuke on the ice, we are a better team than any other scenario. The only real reason this is being considered is because that's not guaranteed.

With a trade like this we downgrade up front but improve our D, both now and long-term. The real 'win' is the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that Kakko/Schnedier will be in the lineup for us barring injury. With Nuke, it's either Nuke or no Nuke, and no Nuke is the absolute worse outcome from this scenario. Getting Schneider also frees us up a bit to move Girard to further gain cap space and/or improve our Fs.

There's also a different lens that although this might weaken us this year, it improves us for a re-load in the future. We could hope Nuke + Landy work out and go all-in again, this move builds contingencies so that 2 years out our lineup could include Gulyayev + Ritchie + Schneider + Kakko + Behrens to go along with our core. So we could try for another Cup this year or maybe shoot for 2 years down the road while being competitive. My worry is our management team is trying to do both.

Schneider is the big get here. He becomes Manson's heir apparent to stabilize the 2nd pair.

At any rate, this team should be doing all that it can to acquire Gourde at the deadline @50% and shift Colton to the wing.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Ill take Nuke back. AK, hookers and pills. All of it.
200w (5).gif

Hmmm

Feb 26, 2017
Would a sign and trade get more value for Rants if he wont sign our offer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad