Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That would have been a disaster trade not because Vitamin Z is bad, but because there's no way Bednar would have seen eye to eye with him. I've already told you lot from my sources say that Zadorov doesn't like Bednar.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
That would have been a disaster trade not because Vitamin Z is bad, but because there's no way Bednar would have seen eye to eye with him. I've already told you lot from my sources say that Zadorov doesn't like Bednar.
Doesn't surprise me. He always had a short leash with Bednar for whatever reason.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Doesn't surprise me. He always had a short leash with Bednar for whatever reason.
Bednar probably doesn't like the dumb penalties and mental mistakes he makes, it reminds me a lot of how Jared treated AJ Greer. I don't blame either party, Zadorov is confident in his ability and Bednar doesn't need to worry about having a short leash with him.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I have my doubts about that rumor. Zads as a 5M bottom pair D makes little sense for a team in cap hell.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Must have been as a Manson replacement, to get younger. Maybe get an asset for Manson and sign Z for a little less than the $4.5M Manson make. Get an asset + get younger + save cap while keeping a physical presence - lefty vs righty. Would have made sense. But not at the contract he got. That saving would probably have gone to Drouin anyway...

I wonder if they also tried with others like Lyubushkin for example.

Reactions: Bender

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You're the Levi fan though. :laugh:

Unfortunalely I don't see the Avs trading for a young goalie with upside after what happened at the last draft.

I was like, wait what happened?

Then I remembered they drafted a goalie. Isn't he a little far out to rely on? They can't think they can draft a starting goalie like they think they can a 2 or 3C, can they? 🤯

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I was like, wait what happened?

Then I remembered they drafted a goalie. Isn't he a little far out to rely on? They can't think they can draft a starting goalie like they think they can a 2 or 3C, can they? 🤯
They drafted 3 goalies out of 8 picks and used their best pick on one. I'd say if they had the intention to trade for a young goalie that's a pretty poor drafting choice.

They essentially traded their 1st pick 2024 for Nabokov + a 2025 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad