Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Seeing these contracts I'm not sure why Drouin would sign for under 4 at this point. The term sucks with the Mitts deal bit even as a RFA it feels unrealistic to sign him for 5 or less regardless of term.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Seeing these contracts I'm not sure why Drouin would sign for under 4 at this point. The term sucks with the Mitts deal bit even as a RFA it feels unrealistic to sign him for 5 or less regardless of term.
I thought I said months ago that it would be like a 1 year deal if you want him under 4mil, and that would still be a massive bet by Drouin.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
1) Colton for a 2nd

2) 1st + Ritchie/Gulyayev for 3C with retention

Which combined comes out as:

Colton
1st
Ritchie/Gulyayev

for

3C
2nd
Drouin (signed for free with the cap space you get in the trades)

So basically trading down from ~24th overall to a 2nd to go from Colton to a different 3C, and swapping Ritchie/Gulyayev for Drouin.

You then have excess value at both 2LW with Drouin (assuming he signs at a reasonably low AAV) as well as 3C.
Geez no way the Avs should do that. Unless CMac addresses the cap situation in a real way by moving on from some guys that could make some fans cry, it's not going to matter.

They certainly aren't a good #3C away from winning the cup as currently constructed. We got too many holes and giving up the equivalent of 2 first round picks + for frikkin Boone Jenner is a horrible idea. People laughed when the Sabres gave up one 1st for Gaustaud not package is over the top.

They need to have a plan that ISN’T “let’s just go back to having no C depth”. Whatever that plan is, from there, depends on the caliber of the replacement.

If it’s a worse 3C, but they save anywhere from 500k-1.5M, then it’s a terrible move

if it’s via trade, it depends on who is coming in and what the price to acquire them is.

What’s JGP been up to, if Lou is thinking of buying him out, is he still someone who works best on the 3rd line?
Yeah watch them move Colton for picks and then sign Wennberg. Then everyone around here will bitch and moan and say they miss Ross Colton.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Geez no way the Avs should do that. Unless CMac addresses the cap situation in a real way by moving on from some guys that could make some fans cry, it's not going to matter.

They certainly aren't a good #3C away from winning the cup as currently constructed. We got too many holes and giving up the equivalent of 2 first round picks + for frikkin Boone Jenner is a horrible idea. People laughed when the Sabres gave up one 1st for Gaustaud not package is over the top.
Certainly disagree with that.

If they were able to get a high end 3C and retain the rest of our Top 9, they'd be set up extremely well. And Jenner would be one of the absolute best 3Cs in the league.

If they could ice:

Drouin - Mack - Mikkk
Lehky - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Jenner - LOC
Wood - ???? - Kovalenko

For the forward core next year. That's a group that could absolutely win the cup again. No doubt about it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
giphy.gif

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Certainly disagree with that.

If they were able to get a high end 3C and retain the rest of our Top 9, they'd be set up extremely well. And Jenner would be one of the absolute best 3Cs in the league.

If they could ice:

Drouin - Mack - Mikkk
Lehky - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Jenner - LOC
Wood - ???? - Kovalenko

For the forward core next year. That's a group that could absolutely win the cup again. No doubt about it.
Not saying he's not a good player but trading a 1st + another former first that just had a strong year basically showing that he should have been picked higher last year is probably not a great idea.

I don't believe ANY team has ever given up that much for a player that is known to only be a #3C.

Sure that roster looks good on paper but we can't just expect Landeskog is goign to be back to normal - no problems... I mean it might happen and I hope it does but it's not a guarantee. The same for #13. Odds are he doesn't play again for the Avs and if he actually does, he just might get himself suspended for a whole year this time and waste another year of this teams' window.

If everything goes perfectly then maybe we'd have a shot but as we've seen, nothing ever does and we're handcuffed by the cap unless CMac makes some big decisions.

For instance, shouldn't we be able to find a goaltender from whatever is left over on the scrap heap of the UFA market that would be able to match Georgiev's 0.899 sv percentage for a fraction of the cost? I would think so. I'd trade that guy a hell of a lot faster than I would Colton, personally.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
His NHL career in a nutshell:

meh
meh
meh
35 goal season out of the blue --> signs big contract that summer
meh
meh
traded
Idk if I would say meh. He's a guy who probably belongs on your 3rd line and can spot fill in for your top-six if injuries hit.

But agreed, the contract is too big for someone of his caliber. Needs to be at least 1.8M less but if it was me, no more than 3.75M cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad