Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
There's obviously more coming. The Wings have plenty of capspace to do their business this summer.

Obviously. But still doesn't change my point. San Jose really wouldn't take a free top four defenseman? They had to be paid to take him? Two years left at 3.4. That's hardly a cap dump given what he brings.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Obviously. But still doesn't change my point. San Jose really wouldn't take a free top four defenseman? They had to be paid to take him? Two years left at 3.4. That's hardly a cap dump given what he brings.
My wild theory is, that the Rangers are somehow involved and this was payment for taking on Goodrow.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dom Luszczyszyn from the Athletic thinks our defense is still 3rd best in the league behind Vegas (1) and Dallas (2) but...

It's interesting to see that from the outside Manson is still a top 4 D but Girard isn't.

ArYTL2U.png

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Dom Luszczyszyn from the Athletic thinks our defense is still 3rd best in the league behind Vegas (1) and Dallas (2) but...

It's interesting to see that from the outside Manson is still a top 4 D but Girard isn't.

ArYTL2U.png
Not sure I would call last year a "backslide." He was a little rough to start, but played well after he got clean.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Drouin isn’t a must-sign for me.

The only way you can really bring him back is if Mikko is moved, then I think it makes a ton of sense.

I do wonder if we see a Rantanen extension this offseason.

I think they’re probably penciling this into the top-6:

XX - MacK - Rants

Landy - Mitts - XX

That’s probably what they’re looking at building around for this coming year in the top-6. Maybe the rest is filled via trade, or free agency.

I became a big fan of Drouin last season when his game clearly evolved with time in Denver.

Signing him could become a GREAT value contract and I don't care rats ass about years 5-8 of Drouin's potential contract. As low AAV as possible is only thing that matters to me. We should absolutely sign him IMO.

And a side note (not directed to you @NorthernAvsFan) - we're absolutely NOT in a position where we can trade defensemen. Not Girard, not Manson. If we trade either one, we need a top four replacement.

Last edited:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Yeah, Dom's opinion on Girard is so last year.

Girard was horrible at the beginning of the year, but (imo) played the best hockey of his career after he returned from his alcohol recovery. I know he was awesome in 2021, but I think that was smoke and mirrors from the covid divisions (playing ANA/ARZ/SJ/etc all the time).

ES/TOIOi GA 5v5Oi SV% 5v5
Girard20:166.919
Johnson13:344.938
Makar21:508.911
Manson18:279.903
Toews21:449.886
Walker17:079.882

Here are some even strength numbers from the playoffs. Certainly not some end-all-be-all analysis, but an interesting snap shot as to how rock solid Sammy G was in the post-season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, Dom's opinion on Girard is so last year.

Girard was horrible at the beginning of the year, but (imo) played the best hockey of his career after he returned from his alcohol recovery. I know he was awesome in 2021, but I think that was smoke and mirrors from the covid divisions (playing ANA/ARZ/SJ/etc all the time).

ES/TOIOi GA 5v5Oi SV% 5v5
Girard20:166.919
Johnson13:344.938
Makar21:508.911
Manson18:279.903
Toews21:449.886
Walker17:079.882

Here are some even strength numbers from the playoffs. Certainly not some end-all-be-all analysis, but an interesting snap shot as to how rock solid Sammy G was in the post-season.

It is worth keeping in mind that Makar/Toews were almost always matched against the top guys.

But still, G was quite solid in the playoffs. Definitely getting underrated at this point. The Avs complete lack of a 2nd PP hurts his numbers a bit as well.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
We need to stop thinking about these small tweaks and realistic improvements. Let's honest if the Avs are going to become a powerhouse again and compete for the cup we're going to need to see some complete fleecings.

Like getting a guy who performed like a #1C(at least for that one season) on a cheap deal for Barrie. And a top pairing D at 4m for two seconds.

So what are the most unrealistic bullshit trades you can think of!

Whos the next training camp walkin like Nuke?

Zegras with retention for Manson and a pick?

Byram and two firsts back for Mittelstadt?

Make it happen or pack it up for the season.
I vote nuke and George for nurse. We get a top pairing guy on a great contract and Edmonton finally solves their longtime goalie problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad