Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Only if Florida gets it done on Friday. PLD turns 26 on Monday, and the buyout window starts 48 hours after the SC is awarded. So if Florida wins G6, Washington has like an hour to do the buyout at 1/3 lol. And if it goes 7, then the buyout is at 2/3
Why would Washington take on 14 years of cap charges for the buyout to get rid of 3 years of Darcy? This is about getting a center for that team in Ovi's twilight years

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Why would Washington take on 14 years of cap charges for the buyout to get rid of 3 years of Darcy? This is about getting a center for that team in Ovi's twilight years
I'm not suggesting they would, was just commenting on @Balthazar who talked about the math of a PLD buyout. I agree, they are just looking for a spark for Ovie and then they will burn the whole f***ing thing to the ground, and at that point it doesn't matter what the PLD contract is.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Live look at Florida and Edmonton GMs
1718836488712.jpeg

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Remember that PLD can be bought out at 1/3rd of his contract. I didn't do the math but if Washington was thinking about buying out Kuemper then perhaps buying out PLD is cheaper.
A Pretty Lame Dogshit (thanks LA board:laugh:) buyout at 1/3 is 15,8 million (+11,5 million in signing bonus, which I guess they also get to keep) spread over 14 years.
Kuemper buyout this summer is 5,5 million (+6 million SB) spread over 6 years.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's fairly easy to get Ullmark:

1- Outbid every other team that he's willing to waive for
2- Add even more assets on top of the highest bid to convince Boston to take Georgiev's contract in return
3- Understand that it will be impossible to keep him after one year
4- Pray he doesn't get hurt or suck because he's having a hard time adjusting to the team
5- Pray even harder that other key pieces don't get hurt for the only season we have him
6- Find a way to make cap room because he's making more than Georgiev and Boston is unlikely to retain.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Kuemper should have taken less to stay with us. I hope all the players understand and realize what a privilege it is to wear our sweater, and that the grass isn't always "greener". Money isn't everything, AVS are !!
The reality on Darcy is simple, it's very obvious that he never really recovered from the eye injury. Maybe physically, maybe not mentally. He hasn't been the same since.

It was good on him to cash in, and it was smart of the Avs to stay away and let him.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Don't like it? Your agent should have negotiated for a NMC. Nothing stopped the Rangers from doing this.
Well there is what happened and then what you can prove. I personally think Greer and Drury discussed all of this prior to it going down. While Goodrow didn't have a NMC, he did negotiate a NTC in good faith. If Goodrow could prove the two planned this course of action he might have grounds for a grievance. Don't know how he could possibly do that unless Chris and Mike were dumb enough to use their official emails to talk it over though.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Kuemper should have taken less to stay with us. I hope all the players understand and realize what a privilege it is to wear our sweater, and that the grass isn't always "greener". Money isn't everything, AVS are !!
He 100% did the right thing. Won a cup and took the highest bidder for his services. That's called having your cake and eating it too.

Regarding Goodrow/Dubois/Kuemper:

Flat cap for years has made GM's a lot more cut throat. I'm all for it.

Reactions: The Moops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad