Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seems light to me if we’re taking back a 2.75mil goalie and they’re getting an Ullmark extension..

Yeah, I like Ostapchuk, but he is not an outstanding prospect. He is a young interesting guy with a chance of being good. The Athletic had him as the 4th best prospect in the 31rst best system in their 2024 rankings

If the Bruins have to takeForsberg, there would need to be more coming

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, I like Ostapchuk, but he is not an outstanding prospect. He is a young interesting guy with a chance of being good. The Athletic had him as the 4th best prospect in the 31rst best system in their 2024 rankings

Forsberg is 48-40 last 3 years with Ottawa which is pretty amazing - he’s only got 1 year left at 2.75 M not a killer

I’m not saying he’s Tuuka Rask but he’s a solid backup - and in bsck of Bruins D would probably be good

I’d still not hate

25OA
Ostapchuk is not bad to me

sure I’d rather have
7 or 12OA
Chychrun
Kleven
Grieg

But this isn’t bad considering they can’t trade Ullmark without jumping thru hoops

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

No offense to the Athletic which I find worth the $, but if Sweeney thinks he's worth it I value that a lot more. Seems like the kind of player who is more than the sum of his parts a la Brazzeau in Boston but with a deeper character/team foundation.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Forsberg is 48-40 last 3 years with Ottawa which is pretty amazing - he’s only got 1 year left at 2.75 M not a killer

I’m not saying he’s Tuuka Rask but he’s a solid backup - and in bsck of Bruins D would probably be good

I’d still not hate

25OA
Ostapchuk is not bad to me

sure I’d rather have
7 or 12OA
Chychrun
Kleven
Grieg

But this isn’t bad considering they can’t trade Ullmark without jumping thru hoops

Outside of getting Forsberg in this deal I am ok with it. It opens up a lot of cap space which is valuable. No way Sweeney should be taking back Forsberg.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ostapchuk is interesting but I don't know how I feel about him as a prospect. Seems like a grindy 3rd liner when the Bruins need to be hunting for guys with top 6 potential. I suppose in addition to the 1st round pick and another piece, he's not a bad gamble as a sweetener to the deal.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't that 25OA + Forsberg + Ostapchuk just some reddit nonsense?
In a world of nonsense this is quality nonsense

If you told me a week ago the Bruins could get 25OA & Ostapchuk I’d be hell yeh

That was before we start hearing 7OA, 12OA, Chychrun, Kleven, Greig…..

Lets see what happens but all I know if I had Sweeney over a barrel knowing Ullmark said yes- I’d offer him 25OA and that’s it lol

Ostapchuk is interesting but I don't know how I feel about him as a prospect. Seems like a grindy 3rd liner when the Bruins need to be hunting for guys with top 6 potential. I suppose in addition to the 1st round pick and another piece, he's not a bad gamble as a sweetener to the deal.
Frederic UFA 25 & Heinen 24 are UFA L shots

Gotta replace (full disclosure I have him in SIM league so I probably could write a term paper on his life and career haha)

Ostapchuk would be a great pick up and could develop into top 6

Oh and he’s very tough

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I just read an interview with Monty, where he was asked about areas of the team he would like to see management improve on

" speed, toughness "
When I drafted Ostapchuk some of the sharpest guys in our league came sniffing around looking for him lol - all I needed to know

He beat the crap out of Rempe and it was not a lucky shot - he lit him up and dropped him

But he’s a good offensive player - he’s got some skills

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
When I drafted Ostapchuk some of the sharpest guys in our league came sniffing around looking for him lol - all I needed to know

He beat the crap out of Rempe and it was not a lucky shot - he lit him up and dropped him

But he’s a good offensive player - he’s got some skills
I’ve never heard of him until today. He looks like a physical player with some offensive talent. Type of player the Bruins need in the pipeline.

Reactions: sarge88

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Wasn't that 25OA + Forsberg + Ostapchuk just some reddit nonsense?
Sustenance to the starving masses drooling for something, anything. Probably not worth all of the chatter IMHO.

I’ve never heard of him until today. He looks like a physical player with some offensive talent. Type of player the Bruins need in the pipeline.
The pipeline, try the 1st line.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ostapchuk played with Lysell in Vancouver, wonder how much they played together. He had some good numbers over there. A 1st would be great, anything extra is gravy
How I feel

I’d ask for one of Kleven or Grieg - and Ostapchuk

I don’t see it but 25OA & Ostapchuk I’d absolutely do

DeBrusk & Heinen two left shots are FA
Marchand & Frederic in 25

Ostapchuk is a left shot who I believe floor is third line but a tough C/W

He could replace one of the aforementioned

Was discussing him in this ullmark deal a week ago with @LouJersey

Thank you Mr or Mrs Reddit for reporting this

Reactions: LouJersey

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
How I feel

I’d ask for one of Kleven or Grieg - and Ostapchuk

I don’t see it but 25OA & Ostapchuk I’d absolutely do

DeBrusk & Heinen two left shots are FA
Marchand & Frederic in 25

Ostapchuk is a left shot who I believe floor is third line but a tough C/W

He could replace one of the aforementioned

Was discussing him in this a week ago with @LouJersey

Thank you Mr or Mrs Reddit for reporting this
Don't you find it interesting that it well known that Sweeney is very tight lipped about trades. So why does anyone here think that this off-season is any different?.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
The Bruins got Ullmark without giving up anyone, so whatever they get is going to be a pretty good return. O'Chuk could replace the need to keep Coyle, freeing up more cap space.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Don't you find it interesting that it well known that Sweeney is very tight lipped about trades. So why does anyone here think that this off-season is any different?.
It’s not coming from him

he hasn’t said a peep

Usually it’s agents - but Sweeney in negotiations seems to get them to say nothing

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Ostapchuck is interesting but didn't Dom say roster players were involved? He got a couple of games in this year but I think he would still be considered a prospect. I guess things can change through negotiations but doesn't add up for me

Also pretty surprised Lauko is considered the player to be moved over Geekie but it makes more sense. I didn't think he would have that much of value in a trade but I think his spot could definitely be upgraded (hopefully Duhaime) and Kuntar is probably getting close as well

Lauko even as an extra forward is an odd fit at times. Management usually likes someone more versatile. Boqvist and a much lesser extent, Brown, make more sense because they can play center

Boqvist isn't much of a playoff performer but as an extra during the regular season, he's kind of underrated. His speed and ability to control the puck and make plays is an advantage against lower lines

Reactions: ylekot

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ostapchuck is interesting but didn't Dom say roster players were involved? He got a couple of games in this year but I think he would still be considered a prospect. I guess things can change through negotiations but doesn't add up for me

Also pretty surprised Lauko is considered the player to be moved over Geekie but it makes more sense. I didn't think he would have that much of value in a trade but I think his spot could definitely be upgraded (hopefully Duhaime) and Kuntar is probably getting close as well

Lauko even as an extra forward is an odd fit at times. Management usually likes someone more versatile. Boqvist and a much lesser extent, Brown, make more sense because they can play center

Boqvist isn't much of a playoff performer but as an extra during the regular season, he's kind of underrated. His speed and ability to control the puck and make plays is an advantage against lower lines

If Geekie were to go instead of Lauko, that would mean Ottawa would have to give a more substantial asset than we have seen for sure

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It's not from him. I find it very interesting how the most unusual people can be pretty good sources from corporate season ticket salespeople to luxury suite owners. Last week I was told this was going to be a big week movement wise and Markstrom was going to be Devil that it was going to happen this week, @DKH can vouch. As far as the Bruins, sometimes you need to look into the teams organization if there is any history between ex players and management and such on an aquiring team...those are the guys that get people to waive NTC clauses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad