Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He could still get moved at the deadline. I wouldn’t trade him for peanuts. There is no rush. Lots of teams need a starting goalie.

He could get moved at the deadline, but then there is absolutely no reason for him to waive the NTC at that point. Maybe you get lucky and something better becomes available, but it's not a sure thing

There is a bit of a rush. You need to know what you have on July 1. How much cap space. what players you might have been able to add in a deal . Not to mention if they have a player they want in the draft they have to get a pick to get them

If the B's end up with Chychrun as part of the deal for Ullmark, would the B's flip him? Carolina has a lot of UFA defensemen and maybe he is part of a deal for Necas?

I would hope that would be the plan. I know Sweeney has liked Chychrun, but I just don't see where he makes a great deal of sense for the next 9 years, unless you have a secondary deal for Hampus

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If they get Chychrun my guess is they pair him with Carlo and go with Lindholm-McAvoy. He balances their D-group like Skjei would- you would ideally want a guy with some offensive instincts to pair with Carlo

Lindholm gets to be the safe guy on pair 1 while McAvoy is allowed to be a stallion and run around

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Get the stupid goalie hug and "two #1 goalie" BS out of my face

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Tell me how you really feel

Reactions: Hookslide and Kegs

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm trying really hard to keep my expectations low.

Three team deals including a player's waiver is pretty complex stuff.

That said, I keep hitting refresh and that's not a good place to be. Think I need to chill.

(EDIT: BTW. That's just me talking to myself. I won't chill. I should. I won't. Am what I am. :laugh:)

I admire you for owning this. :cheers:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I agree completely. That pressure cooker would have him tenderized and falling off the bone before the season was three months old.

First few weeks - "Playoff dynamo Jake DeBrusk is here to put us over the hump".
Next few weeks - "Jake hasn't scored. Boy he sure is streaky."
Next few weeks - "He's uninterested."
Next few weeks - "Another soft forward. DeBrusk is eating money that should go to D".

Replace "few weeks" with "few days" and it will be more accurate.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Chychrun -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Wotherspoon -- Regula

That's as deep a defensive core 1-8 as there is in the league. Our 7 and 8th could probably find a starter bottom pairing role on at least 10 teams in the league.

I wanted Chychrun over McAvoy on draft day and seeing the Bruins potentially picking him up this summer is mighty interesting to me personally.

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
You said physical opposing, don't get cute

I don’t understand how you aren’t following along.

I said shutdown pair of Carlo and Lindholm.

You said they aren’t physical enough and not good enough together to be the shutdown pair.

I said then you should suggest players that are better than Lindholm/Carlo defensively that are also physical for us to acquire. Because as constructed that is the best pair we can throw out to shutdown opponents best lines.

You wouldn’t provide potential acquisitions, but said Wotherspon/Peake should fill that role (the shutdown pair role).

I said that you probably don’t understand what a shutdown pair is if you are suggesting Wotherspoon/Peake.

I hope me laying this out for you gets you back on track.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I don’t understand how you aren’t following along.

I said shutdown pair of Carlo and Lindholm.

You said they aren’t physical enough and not good enough together to be the shutdown pair.

I said then you should suggest players that are better than Lindholm/Carlo defensively that are also physical for us to acquire. Because as constructed that is the best pair we can throw out to shutdown opponents best lines.

You wouldn’t provide potential acquisitions, but said Wotherspon/Peake should fill that role (the shutdown pair role).

I said that you probably don’t understand what a shutdown pair is if you are suggesting Wotherspoon/Peake.

I hope me laying this out for you gets you back on track.
You conveniently left out the part that you said that Carlo and Lindholm are two physically imposing shutdown defensemen. That's what I called you out on.

I hope you learn what the definition of a "physical shutdown Dman "looks like ... it ain't those two lol

Especially paired together.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Reactions: Gordoff

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If they get Chychrun my guess is they pair him with Carlo and go with Lindholm-McAvoy. He balances their D-group like Skjei would- you would ideally want a guy with some offensive instincts to pair with Carlo

Lindholm gets to be the safe guy on pair 1 while McAvoy is allowed to be a stallion and run around
I hope they run the Lindholm-McAvoy pairing regardless. Need to find a way to free up Lindholm for more offense, and the numbers those two have as a pairing are extremely good.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
You conveniently left out the part that you said that Carlo and Lindholm are two physically imposing shutdown defensemen. That's what I called you out on.

I hope you learn what the definition of a "physical shutdown Dman "looks like ... it ain't those two lol

Especially paired together.

I hope this clarifies things for you.
He didn't say that. He said shutdown pair. YOU brought up physicality.

Also, Carlo is plenty physical. Lindholm less so, but he was much better at this in year one in Boston than year two.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
One of the things impressive to me about Carlo was that he was basically ready to go almost right out of the box at 20 years old when he first hit the league and was paired with Chara.

I know some people have issues with him because he doesn't go out there and kill guys with his size but I think he doesn't get enough credit when it comes to physicality. He's not overtly aggressive like Peeke but I think he's stronger physically. He plays tough minutes, averages 130 hits/110 blocks a season, and is normally steady and reliable.

Carlo to me is a keeper and when all is said and done, Boston will be lucky that they didn't have to worry about their top 4 right side D for over a decade. GMs around the league would sacrifice their first born child to have that kind of security for one of the most sought after commodities in hockey ( good RHD with size ).

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He didn't say that. He said shutdown pair. YOU brought up physicality.

Also, Carlo is plenty physical. Lindholm less so, but he was much better at this in year one in Boston than year two.
"If you have any physically imposing dmen better defensively than Lindholm/Carlo that also don’t turn the puck over under pressure feel free to throw their names out and what you think it would cost to acquire them"

Sure lol

Carlo is the furthest from a physical defender on the team ,never mind plenty. Is this satire ?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
"If you have any physically imposing dmen better defensively than Lindholm/Carlo that also don’t turn the puck over under pressure feel free to throw their names out and what you think it would cost to acquire them"

Sure lol

Carlo is the furthest from a physical defender on the team ,never mind plenty. Is this satire ?

Yes that is my quote.

A shutdown pairing is a pair that you give the hardest minutes to against the best players on the opposite team. And their job is just to play defense, you don't need any offense from them.

You said that Lindholm-Carlo aren't physical enough to be a shutdown pair ergo your definitition of a shutdown pair is defensemen who are physical as well as good defensively.

So my response, is if you don't think they are the right players to be on a shutdown pair, then please suggest players that are not only as good or better defensively than Lindholm+Carlo, but also are physically imposing. Because you want players that are more physical on the shutdown pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad