Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I have not but those players are not many, And having that lineup also gives him the room to do what he does. They have two Pasta's on the ice and 2 other guys that would be the Bruins sends best players on the power play.

Come on, its not apples to apples

You said the era of the guy with the bomb on the back end is over.

History was set this year in the playoffs with a PP with a guy with a bomb on the back end.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Getting Elias and Chychrun this summer would be back to back Homers for me

1719162255931.png

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
You said the era of the guy with the bomb on the back end is over.

History was set this year in the playoffs with a PP with a guy with a bomb on the back end.
One guy? Look back in time just about every team employed guys like that.

This power play is historic with that generation talent. But getting back to the original point the Bruins power play faults are not Charlie's it's the entire personal. NOT his ability to shot Bombs from the point.

Not sure what the issue is with that opinion.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
If your power play sucks, be it from coaching or lack of talent, you get a distributor, Lindholm or Stepenson, you shove Brazeau or Frederic in the slot to screen, put somebody on a post and have Chychrun and Pasta shoot away, it should be successful enough to not hurt you, it may not be a weapon like Edmontons but it will run well enough.

They have not had a big point shot since Chara.

Chychrun helps this team immediately, you don't overly rely on Lohrei and you can cut Lindholms ice tome and hope he regains his form and isn't starting to fall apart.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Then the Flyers will turn around and trade him to Ott for the 7 OA.
He is going to Ottawa unless the he said she said was all bunch of bologna, Torts will be at my daughters wedding in August, will be fun to get the inside scoop when all is said and done.

Hard to sift through what's true and what's not but lets go with 25 Chychrun and a cap dump

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If your power play sucks, be it from coaching or lack of talent, you get a distributor, Lindholm or Stepenson, you shove Brazeau or Frederic in the slot to screen, put somebody on a post and have Chychrun and Pasta shoot away, it should be successful enough to not hurt you, it may not be a weapon like Edmontons but it will run well enough.

Chychrun helps this team immediately, you don't overly rely on Lohrei and you can cut Lindholms ice tome and hope he regains his form and isn't starting to fall apart.

Agreed.

Underrated aspect of Chychrun, he can play 1:30/1:45 of each PP, letting Lindholm and McAvoy rest and ideally pair up right at the end of the PP to keep the pressure up.

Then come back with Lohrei/Peake and then reset to Carlo/Lindholm or McAvoy/Chychrun.

Knocking 2/2.5 minutes off McAvoys TOI and 1.5/2 of Lindholms can only pay dividends.

Then when Carlo, Peake, Lindholm and McAvoy are killing penalties, Lohrei and Chychrun are resting up.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Do me a favor don’t give Lou any inside info - I finally got a team that can compete with him

If the Bruins get 25OA will Jett Luchanko get to them?

I think he would be a dynamic pick and can play center
i like luchanko - he has a lot of nick suzuki qualities and kid can fly.
think 25 may be a little late but not impossible

love michael hage too...same idea, think he goes before 25

Reactions: GordonHowe and Kegs

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

If they get chicken man for the interim, I won't cry. But I remain leery of his injury history. Last year was more or less the first season that he played a full schedule.

He's young, but to have that many injuries, especially knee injuries, I don't like it.

If the guy is always injured, however talented, what good is he to you?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Agreed.

Underrated aspect of Chychrun, he can play 1:30/1:45 of each PP, letting Lindholm and McAvoy rest and ideally pair up right after the PP to keep the pressure up.

Then come back with Lohrei/Peake and then reset to Carlo/Lindholm or McAvoy/Chychrun.

Knocking 2/2.5 minutes off McAvoys TOI and 1.5/2 of Lindholms can only pay dividends.

Then when Carlo, Peake, Lindholm and McAvoy are killing penalties, Lohrei and Chychrun are resting up.
Good points all, even if they weaken my argument against. Again, I'll take him for the interim, but I don't think he's any kind of long-term solution.

Two cents.

Reactions: sarge88

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
If they get chicken man for the interim, I won't cry. But I remain leery of his injury history. Last year was more or less the first season that he played a full schedule.

He's young, but to have that many injuries, especially knee injuries, I don't like it.

If the guy is always injured, however talented, what good is he to you?
None, but they got Pasta because of his concussion history before the draft, they also had Nash blow up on them because of injuries. To me that is the only gamble with Chychrun. I wish he was more physical but I think you put him on a good team, not PHX or OTT, and he lives up to his expectations. You could easily have the best D in the league and ideally also get a decent pick and prospect from OTT.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Good points all, even if they weaken my argument against. Again, I'll take him for the interim, but I don't think he's any kind of long-term solution.

Two cents.

I agree if it’s a crazy contract demand then good luck elsewhere.

If he’s the kind of guy who is willing to take a bit less to win and be in a good situation, I’d welcome him long term.

If he’s looking for a 7x7 kind of deal then keep him for this year and try to win it all and then reassess.

But I think Sweeney will treat this like the Lindholm situation and not make the deal if he doesn’t think he’ll re-sign here at a fair price.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I have no problem following the Tampa model of Hedman, McD and Serg on the left until it gets too expensive.
I'm sure everyone who follows this subject knows the Bruins have been drafting big defenseman. And, like some other clubs, may want to follow a Big Three strategy.

That's all fine with me. I still want Brenden Dillon. They have no jam on D and they desperately need someone, anyone, who can do a very basic thing. Clear the crease.

Preferably by knocking the offending party on his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad