Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yes, Pasta stopped being productive on the PP, but I don't blame him. Usually, I don't blame the coaches for the players' failures, but IMO the power play issue was that teams adjusted to the cross-ice pass to Pasta and that's why it stopped working. The coaches didn't do a good job of adjusting to that.

It just is too easy to defend that pass when the guy on the bumper isn’t a threat. With Bergeron there you had to pick your poison. Zacha shot the wrong way and Coyle and Geekie got it off too slowly.

Maybe, but if Sweeney trades Ullmark for Chychrun, signs LIndholm or Stephenson, and gets a winger to replace JDB, they could be in the hunt next year. Not favorites, certainly, but a contender.

It’s going to be tight to add that JDB replacement, too. Really depends on how far they have to go on Swayman and the UFA center.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
It just is too easy to defend that pass when the guy on the bumper isn’t a threat. With Bergeron there you had to pick your poison. Zacha shot the wrong way and Coyle and Geekie got it off too slowly.

It’s going to be tight to add that JDB replacement, too. Really depends on how far they have to go on Swayman and the UFA center.
It may be a pipe dream ,but I am still holding out hope that Debrusk and the Bruins can reach an agreement

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Yeah Taking Chychrun in makes it tough to fill all the desires up front. Once you sign Sway, I think you'll be around 15 million to fill out the roster. You might be able to fill C and W for that, but then have to go around league minimum for the rest

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bruins Cap.PNG

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
haha, I know, right ?

I thought same reading - screw the Flyers I’m not giving those aholes a good goalie and a likely playoff spot
If I'm getting only future(s) for Ullmark, then I'm holding out for a top 10 pick. The 12th pick is a maybe. 7th pick, yes, I'll take that. 25 or 31, NFW.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Getting Chychrun for Ullmark would absolutely be good value. Less than a month ago there was a popular opinion that Ullmark couldn't even fetch a 1st rounder.

Keep in mind there is the entire free agency period after this to add to the top 6

I never understood the sentiment that Ullmark couldn’t fetch a first rounder. Keumpers return was a 1st, 3rd and mid prospect just a couple years before. Thankfully the markstrom deal reaffirmed that general value.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Take this with a grain of salt, because I haven't been able to confirm it this morning (which means I probably shouldn't say anything at all)

But I was told that Jakob Chychrun has been informed that he will become a Boston Bruins.

AGAIN I HAVE NOT CONFIRMED THAT WITH THE PERSON THAT WOULD KNOW.
I’m surprised there are not 5 pages or more on this already. Wow!!! I look forward to seeing him in Boston.

Reactions: Fenian24

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Rumor is they want Sam Dickinson but I believe they really want Zayne Parekh.

I’m surprised there are not 5 pages or more on this already. Wow!!! I look forward to seeing him in Boston.

In fairness, I haven't been able to confirm it. And I probably shouldn't have said anything without confirmation.

Good news is they signed Ian Mitchell today though.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks!

So, JC for 6.5, EL for 8, and winger for 6.5 equals 21M, but it also bumps Mitchell and Lysell to Providence, saving 1.6. Plus send Brown to Providence, saving his salary.

So that leaves about $5M to sign Boqvist and an 8th dman or a 14th forward, or if JC and the winger cost a little more.

Doable.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Thanks!

So, JC for 6.5, EL for 8, and winger for 6.5 equals 21M, but it also bumps Mitchell and Lysell to Providence, saving 1.6. Plus send Brown to Providence, saving his salary.

So that leaves about $5M to sign Boqvist and an 8th dman or a 14th forward, or if JC and the winger cost a little more.

Doable.
What about Swayman?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
nah, too busy with draft and FA. had someone else go.
Do me a favor don’t give Lou any inside info - I finally got a team that can compete with him

If the Bruins get 25OA will Jett Luchanko get to them?

I think he would be a dynamic pick and can play center

If the Bruins land the 25 OA, I hope they explore moving it to the Jets for Rutger McGroaty.
Islanders got 20 and their GM is 85 and not up for waiting 3 years

If there was ever a team that would promise McGroarty a spot it’s these guys

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hogwash

McAvoy is safe

Pucks get blocked a 1000 times a game on the power play from the point around the league. Penalty killers are to skilled in todays game to just blast pucks at them

The days of an Al Macinnis are gone and have been for years
What?

Have you been watching the Finals at all 4ORR? Have you been watching the history-making PP in Edmonton and that guy named Bouchard on the back end?

6 Goals, 26 Assists for a D-Man.

His 'Bouchard Bomb' is a legit threat that teams are forced to pressure him on, opening up the bumper back down low in the high slot area.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The Philly stuff I read is they are full pants tent on Sam Dickinson

They got RD Oliver Bonk last draft from London go back and get LD Sam Dickinson who fits Flyers profile

It’s a heck of a young duo I can see why they want him but gotta get to 7

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
What?

Have you been watching the Finals at all 4ORR? Have you been watching the history-making PP in Edmonton and that guy named Bouchard on the back end?

6 Goals, 26 Assists for a D-Man.

His 'Bouchard Bomb' is a legit threat that teams are forced to pressure him on, opening up the bumper back down low in the high slot area.
I have not but those players are not many, And having that lineup also gives him the room to do what he does. They have two Pasta's on the ice and 2 other guys that would be the Bruins second best players on the power play.

Come on, its not apples to apples

Sorry but this is me being argumentative and going with the flow. I crave likes from the almighty lol

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If I'm getting only future(s) for Ullmark, then I'm holding out for a top 10 pick. The 12th pick is a maybe. 7th pick, yes, I'll take that. 25 or 31, NFW.

I get this, but at the same time it’s not just the 25th or 31st. It’s that and $ the cap space we receive.

What if Sweeney uses the cap to sign someone like teraveinen. The end results would be a 25th pick and teraveinen. Is that any different that chychrun and the 25th?

I don’t think it will end up that way but cap space is also an asset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad