Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Xx
Yeah the opened the garden and charged for the Celtics and figured out they can make money off the draft as well. If the could simulcast the Westminster Dog show and make some money they would do that as well.
actually it’s free to us with drinks and food and a bunch of free gifts

I got a golf bag last time autographed by team I have in my man cave

But I am a huge fan of false narratives- just ask camwhamslambam

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Xx

actually it’s free to us with drinks and food and a bunch of free gifts

I got a golf bag last time autographed by team I have in my man cave

But I am a huge fan of false narratives- just ask camwhamslambam
You have compromising pictures of Sweeney right? That is very surprising, JJ giving away free food is virtually unheard of. Maybe they will get everybody drunk and happy and tell them about the ticket price increases. Kind of like a Delaware North Red Wedding.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The linked article says he sold his previous one and the same neighborhood for 16 mil!

Can use the profit to find a nice place in Newton close to Warrior ...
February has been mild but as someone who travels the mean streets of Newton there are way to many potholes for me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You have compromising pictures of Sweeney right? That is very surprising, JJ giving away free food is virtually unheard of. Maybe they will get everybody drunk and happy and tell them about the ticket price increases. Kind of like a Delaware North Red Wedding.
Donny and me used to spot each other in 80’s at Nautilus plus in Danvers

Donny like myself could incline 225 lbs and wax actually stronger then me - being a muscle head I back my boys

Also he talked to my daughter about playing hockey and she joined right after when I couldn’t get her and ended up enjoying it immensely

I March to my own beat and experiences why I despise OConnell but like Donny

I read Gordon Howe say he’s a dink but I’ve been around him over years here and there and he’s been great to me but most people (especially women) gravitate to me

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Imo Kane is still the most likely highly sought after free agent that I see coming here.
Generally what happens is they will sign guys none of us bring up and the same half will say it's great and the same half will say it's terrible and it will be arguments until the season starts :)

You can fill in the names, but I want a top 6 C, a top six wing and an offensively minded 3LHD that is over 5-10 and you can play in the play-offs. I am fine with a top line of 18-xx-88 and 63-13/51-XX. My third would be 11-13/51-39... If you want to sign Heinen for that spot trade Geekie. 4th line xx-19-55. Beecher needs to be the center, learn and improve. He should be part of the long term plan.

Last edited:

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Sweeney has the DNA believe me - I don’t get this narrative on HFB but I don’t get people watching rhe news and telling me what I did for a living didn’t really happen because someone said it on a newscast

It’s like people here saying Carlo is soft or the Bruins but actual competitors and coaches say the opposite

Donny is an assassin
I just get the sense Donny prefers to pay his own top guys. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Maybe he hasn't previously due to cap constraints. I just don't think Debrusk should get paid like something he is not. I wouldn't go above 6 million per and not even sure I'm comfortable with that. The talent is there, the consistency hasn't been.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just get the sense Donny prefers to pay his own top guys. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Maybe he hasn't previously due to cap constraints. I just don't thing Debrusk should get paid like something he is not. I wouldn't go above 6 million per and not even sure I'm comfortable with that. The talent is there, the consistency hasn't been.
DeBrusk if I’m GM doesn’t start term or dollars with a 7

I would do 6/40 NMC

Lindholm 7/56
DeBrusk 6/40
Heiniekins 3/8.25

Donny - burn some cash, babe…..I want a parade next summer

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Generally what happens is they will sign guys none of us bring up and the same half will say it's great and the same half will say it's terrible and it will be arguments until the season starts :)

You can fill in the names, but I want a top 6 C, a top six wing and an offensively minded 3LHD that is over 5-10 and you can play in the play-offs. I am fine with a top line of 18-xx-88 and 63-13/51-XX. My third would be 11-13/51-39... If you want to sign Heinen for that spot trade Geekie. 4th line xx-19-xx. Beecher needs to be the center, learn and improve. He should be part of the long term plan.
Not trading Geekie so as you can sign Heinen, that's a no go.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
DeBrusk if I’m GM doesn’t start term or dollars with a 7

I would do 6/40 NMC

Lindholm 7/56
DeBrusk 6/40
Heiniekins 3/8.25

Donny - burn some cash, babe…..I want a parade next summer
You'll have a parade soon though already.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

You can fill in the names, but I want a top 6 C, a top six wing and an offensively minded 3LHD that is over 5-10 and you can play in the play-offs. I am fine with a top line of 18-xx-88 and 63-13/51-XX. My third would be 11-13/51-39... If you want to sign Heinen for that spot trade Geekie. 4th line xx-19-xx. Beecher needs to be the center, learn and improve. He should be part of the long term plan.
Also, I think it is an extremely good bet that the phrase "asset mismanagement" will come up often.:laugh:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Heinen was top 5 on the team in regards to total points per 60 minutes of play 5 on 5, and 98th in the league which is good for top 6 production 5 on 5. He can play up and down the lineup and play on the PK. In my opinion, he is underrated.
OK...........would not trade Geekie for Heinen. Look at Heinen's track record, he never puts back to back good years together, be grateful you were on the front end of that last year.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I’m curious why no one lists a players playoff stats when talking about a signing or trading for a player? A player like DeBrusk has helped us win playoffs series. Zacha has one playoff goal in his career. What type of players should we be after.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’m curious why no one lists a players playoff stats when talking about a signing or trading for a player? A player like DeBrusk has helped us win playoffs series. Zacha has one playoff goal in his career. What type of players should we be after.
Can’t force debrusk to stay.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
OK...........would not trade Geekie for Heinen. Look at Heinen's track record, he never puts back to back good years together, be grateful you were on the front end of that last year.
I guess it depends on how you see the lineup. I think if we all take a step back and assume that the NHL players on the roster in the playoffs make the team again, this is what we will have:

Zacha/X - X/Zacha - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - X
X - Frederic - Geekie
Lauko - Beecher - Brazeau
Boqvist

If the Bruins add two top 6 forwards via free agency, then there will still be room for Heinen on the 3rd line. Now, if someone like Poitras makes the team, then it gets interesting to see who moves down the lineup, most likely Heinen or Geekie.

Who knows, maybe Geekie gets included in a package for Ullmark that returns a higher 1st rounder than just Ullmark alone, or Geekie gets moved for a defenseman.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Holy dense. Maybe work on that reading comprehension and patience bud. Quite a few context clues, “ifs”, “hopefullys”, and “coulds” in there. I’ll work on my quick head estimates as the total is actually 43.8, not 50mil and that’s before Swayman contract
Why would they "move that money out" FFS. So you want to rid the team of all of those players just to have "$50 million" in cap space?
Maybe you're right, I can't get past this sentence:
"we have Marchand, Lohrei, Ullmark, Frederic, Geekie, Brazzers, Beecher, Lauko , Wotherspoon, and Brown moving out. "
It isn't going to happen IMO. I'm trying to follow the rest of your post but
maybe I just can't get past that sentence.
“Marchand hopefully sticks around a year for league minimum, but could also see him ask for 3-5mil. Lohrei will be incredibly interesting as we assume he will spend the whole season in Boston and improve. Lauko gone. Beecher could show us he is ready to assume 3c in 2025-2026 with Brazzers on his wing making Geekie and Frederic more expendable/trade bait if they have really good seasons and can ask for 5+ million.

If Poitras settles into 3c fast this year (setting up a 2c takeover the following year) or muscles his way to 2c this year, I’d bet we see a minimum of one of Coyle, Frederic, and Geekie moved by the deadline this year. Doesn’t totally feel right to spend $15mil+ between them two and Coyle.”

1718633986265.png

As always, Bruins Cap Space doing the lords work.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Donny and me used to spot each other in 80’s at Nautilus plus in Danvers

Donny like myself could incline 225 lbs and wax actually stronger then me - being a muscle head I back my boys

Also he talked to my daughter about playing hockey and she joined right after when I couldn’t get her and ended up enjoying it immensely

I March to my own beat and experiences why I despise OConnell but like Donny

I read Gordon Howe say he’s a dink but I’ve been around him over years here and there and he’s been great to me but most people (especially women) gravitate to me
Make it simple Dan: Men want to be you, women want to be with you...

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
And I'm just speculating based on his production in the AHL and his awful performance at the WJC. I haven't seen him in the AHL. I don't suspect his play without the puck is terribly strong. The way his Swedish coach gave up using him at the WJC was very concerning. It would of been nice to see him in the NHL for a couple games last year so they'd have a better idea how to approach this off-season whether he's viewed as trade bait or someone they think will step up next year. I haven't read what Divver said but he's respected so his take is also concerning.

Pasta's two-way game is vastly underrated IMO.
and I would agree with you!

Reactions: BruinDust

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe Sweeney is afraid he will be lonely that night, and wants to spend it with you
He’s in Detroit I’ll be in Charlestown

Glorydaze going wants me to invite Sarge

I’m more Lionel Ritchie ‘easy like Sunday morning’ unfortunately Joe is like Crazy Joe Davola and looks at Sarge as Jerry.

Make it simple Dan: Men want to be you, women want to be with you...
Men definitely don’t want to be me since I can barely dress myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium