Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The Great Stevie big braining again, so many of his moves have been questionable.
At least he makes moves. I’d say more of them work out than not.

The second they attached was the one Nashville sent to them earlier today in the Gibson trade. So it’s even more confusing.
If it’s all to ensure that they can land and comfortably fit Matt Roy, I’d say it makes them a much improved team, which is the goal.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA

If it’s all to ensure that they can land and comfortably fit Matt Roy, I’d say it makes them a much improved team, which is the goal.
I understand his reasoning for some, its a different type of rebuild, he didn't have the prospect numbers Buffalo did in not 'blocking' players...I just don't agree with the majority of his targets and contracts doled out. If Adams had given Copp, Comphe, Chiarot, Holl, Petry, Husso those deals he'd be lambasted around here. But some want to think the Yzerplan is 'ahead'..because they dislike Adams' patient approach so much. Making moves to make moves isn't the W you think it is.

He surely has more to come, and yeah Roy would be a nice get, but that contract could get dicey if he throws out a big one,..or chases another goalie etc

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I understand his reasoning for some, its a different type of rebuild, he didn't have the prospect numbers Buffalo did in not 'blocking' players...I just don't agree with the majority of his targets and contracts doled out. If Adams had given Copp, Comphe, Chiarot, Holl, Petry, Husso those deals he'd be lambasted around here. But some want to think the Yzerplan is 'ahead'..because they dislike Adams' patient approach so much. Making moves to make moves isn't the W you think it is.

He surely has more to come, and yeah Roy would be a nice get, but that contract could get dicey if he throws out a big one,..or chases another goalie etc
If we got Compher and Copp instead of them, I think we’d be in the playoffs. I don’t even like Copp but he’s better than the players Adams signed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The second they attached was the one Nashville sent to them earlier today in the Gibson trade. So it’s even more confusing.

I remember Darcy moving a pair of seconds to move up in the second round, flipping THAT pick with another second to get Hecht at the draft. Some days you need to make moves.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

Making moves for the sake of making moves gets you nowhere.

What doesn’t make sense to me is why they wouldn’t have at first waived Walman before resorting to sending a 2nd with him to rid of his contract. That’s what doesn’t make any sense to me. If he passes through waivers, then you can bribe a team but why just bribe them outright.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Making moves for the sake of making moves gets you nowhere.

What doesn’t make sense to me is why they wouldn’t have at first waived Walman before resorting to sending a 2nd with him to rid of his contract. That’s what doesn’t make any sense to me. If he passes through waivers, then you can bribe a team but why just bribe them outright.
He needs to get his team built for next season and putting him through waivers doesn’t remove his salary from counting towards the cap. He needs to know how much space he has to work with when executing trades.

He also has probably been trying to unload him for a while and knew no one would take him on waivers. The GMs all talk to each other and know who’s interested in what.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Avs board seems pretty mad about the Mitts deal. Seems fair to me.
AAV is fine. Many wanted a longer term. All are concerned about the Avs' cap situation with Rantanen's contract coming up. And figuring Landeskog gets activated next season.

But they are quite delusional at times expecting a player in Mitt situation to accept a team friendly deal.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Seems like the rumors were true that Adams didnt even attend an offer to Mittelstadt.
Still dont get the trade making the team less experienced, creating a hole at C, letting go a player that they actually need, who stated he wanted to stay for a a type of D they dont actually need which could have been filled by a steady physical type.
I would be less mad if Adams actually aquired a sure bet vet of that type with less pedigree instead of taking on another gamble and getting even younger.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
He needs to get his team built for next season and putting him through waivers doesn’t remove his salary from counting towards the cap. He needs to know how much space he has to work with when executing trades.

He also has probably been trying to unload him for a while and knew no one would take him on waivers. The GMs all talk to each other and know who’s interested in what.
Waivers take 24hrs

If it fails somehow; then you go bribe a team.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

“Fanatics did a great job designing these jerseys,” Auston Matthews said. “They feel comfortable and look breathable, which is important during games. Any little detail that can help us perform at our best makes a difference.”

From a functional standpoint, the greatest difference sprung from the advice given to Fanatics by NHL trainers, who noticed the previous versions wearing down around the elbows due to “board burn.” A cigarette-like burn hole would develop in the lower arm due to battles along the board, and the sweater would need to be replaced.

Fanatics reinforced that area without impeding fit and encouraged stars such as Connor McDavid, Nikita Kucherov and Aleksander Barkov to test-drive its protypes in summer skates before heading to mass production.

“I love the jerseys,” Quinn Hughes said. “The Canucks logo really pops on them, and the fabric feels airy and breathable. They’re really just beautiful jerseys.”

The brand also removed the embossed dimpling on the shoulders and updated the NHL shield on the front neck with a hologram finish.

Other than that, it’s essentially the same sweater as last season’s — produced by the same manufacturer, respected Quebec-based SP Apparel, which has crafted NHL unis for nearly 50 years.

The players’ unanimous feedback?

“We don’t feel anything different,” said Keith Leach, vice-president and GM of the NHL business at Fanatics.

“The reaction has been strong. Quite honestly, it’s almost a reaction of relief. And the fact that they’re seeing something that’s not a major departure from the basis of what they’ve been in, but also the fact that some of the things we did came from insights of areas that they would have liked to see improved.”
And this will be interesting:

Fanatics will bring three tiers of sweater to stores: the top-of-the-line Authentic Pro sweater is the exact one McDavid & Co. uses, fight strap and all; the Premium is tighter fitting, without the added room for pads; and the more affordable Breakaway model is made from softer fabrics.

Adidas didn’t make the Authentic Pro available to consumers, but Fanatics wants to fill the demand of hardcore collectors who aren’t afraid to shell out $400 for the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad